• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Berries and Pokemon with Aromatherapy can remove status. I'd assume the reason you'd just use items is because its much faster. But also--why buy items when there are Pokemon centres? Why have Pokemon centres when depositing Pokemon in the PC auto-heals them?

EDIT: I also like the contrast between Passimilion and Oranguru. The former thrives in teams and gets its strength off its teammates. The latter prefers to live on its own and rather than working together, would "boss around" its teammate with Instruct.

Aromatherapy is a move I've really only ever used when playing competitive battles, also I generally don't heal status effects mid-battle as most of them are not dangerous enough to warrant wasting a turn. If I do have to waste a turn I usually just switch Pokemon. I guess I would use Pokemon amie (refresh) anyways so why just not buy items. I guess I might get annoyed with it by the end of the game. But at that point I will have enough money where it doesn't matter. Money really only matters at the start and middle of the game where you don't have enough of it to go around for all the items you may need.

I fell asleep while procrastinating my psychology report, and when I awoke, the trailers were out. Hoping its not due in class and is just due tonight online. Anywho, I was satisied with what I got.

No, there wasn't any new starter imormation, but new Pokemon always make me happy. I'm not too excited about the two monkeys (I know their not really based off monkeys), but I will be catching them in their respective games.

It's sad that Lycanroc evolution is split by version, not just by day/night. I hope that if the starters have a similar gimmick, it's not by version. I guess I'm going to stick with Moon, and maybe put him on my team. I mean I wasn't sure I was going to in the first place, and seeing as he stays rock type, I think Mudsdale will just do most of his job. I find Ground and Rock types very similar, and while they're not, I normally prefer not to have both on a team at once. Kind of hypocritical of me though. Since I end up with duel flying types alot. Maybe I'll still wait though so I can get it's Midday form in Sun, though I am liking the Midnight form a lot more now that I see it ingame.

I knew Pikachu would get his own Z-move. Mascot priivilages and all. I also had a feeling Eevee would be getting one, after that one trailer that showed off Eevee a lot, but didn't show anything of a new evolution. I love the animation for the his Z-Move, too.

Pokemon Refresh looks pretty cool. I'll probably use it a-lot. I love the little heart beans too, so cute!

Character Customization! Ah there's so much of it I can't even process it. Since I was just waking up still, and it passed over I was like, huh, but after watching it a second time. I saw one kid had glasses on (not just sunglasses, but glasses) and I was like "Yesh! Yesh!" I can have bespectacled trainers now! While I don't know if I'll wear the glasses all the time, I know I will part of the time.

The next news can't come fast enough, I can honestly say. I'm already stoked for it. Comes out two days after my new manga arrives.

I'm still annoyed the Lycanrocs didn't get the same treatment. Midday form got a brand new priority signature move while Midnight form got nothing. No new moves, no new abilities, not even a very fitting secondary typing. There's no reason to use it over MiddayRoc competitively. I'm hoping for at least a better stat distribution (they'll probably have the same BST) or a good hidden ability.

My Reactions
  • Customization looks a lot more fleshed out and varied than it did in Pokemon X and Y. The ability to dye white clothes is pretty cool!
  • Pokemon Refresh seems to have improved on Pokemon Amie! Grooming seems nice and I LOVE that you can now heal status allignments here.
  • Passimian looks REALLY COOL though I feel like it should be Fighting/Grass. Also this is another check for the Chinese Leak!
  • Oranguru looks like another pretty solid Pokemon and I can see it getting good use with its new move and ability.
  • Lycanroc's midday and midnight form being version exclusive does bother me. It would have been a lot better if it truly was time based. I still REALLY love Lycanroc though!
  • Pikachu and Eevee getting exclusive Z moves is pretty nice! I love Eevee's!
Overall, a pretty good news day!

And in relation to earlier news, I'm glad that the Pokemon Bank won't update until January. That means everyone will have to use what's available in the games until then, so no falling back on certain Pokemon if they're not available in-game until later. I rather like that concept, as it puts everyone on an equal footing (more or less, anyway).

I was really hoping to be able to transfer my gen I Pokemon right away on my first playthrough so they could join me for the climax of the story in Sun and Moon at least a few of them anyways. That hope is dead and I'm stuck using whatever I can find in Moon version. *sigh* call me overly sentimental if you will but it really feels like Pokemon has been building up to this so I was hoping my Gen I Pokemon could see what everything was leading up to.

I'm still not disappointed for the reveals, every reveal brings excitement for what's to come in the game, that Pikachu Z-Move dance was pretty adorable IMO, just look at Pikachu dancing and mimicking its trainer's moves, give the one that gave the name a raise and a cookie

I probably won't bother with Refresh unless forced to, so Full Heals will still fill my bag.

Wow what a reveal! From the new Pokemon to the exclusive Z-Moves to the customisation features (I finally get to wear contacts heck yea) this trailer was nothing short of amazing (y) Although did anyone find the background music really repetitive? I'm quite interested to see when it'll play during the game!

I probably won't bother with Refresh unless forced to, so Full Heals will still fill my bag.

That's a very good point - I am assuming that, as with Amie, you won't be able to turn off the OP bonuses that you get from using it. So I'll probably never touch the feature, and will therefore still need to buy status-curing items.

Warning: PIF is cranky due to insomnia and being woken up after 3 hours of sleep. Now then onto the show!

-Passimian: You're cute but I hate sports and you seem way too extroverted for me. "Passimian wants its Trainer to have the qualities of a leader as well. It watches a Trainer’s form closely when he or she throws Poké Balls, and will not listen to the orders of a Trainer with poor form." I can always release you back into the wild, you snotty little runter.
-Oranguru: OH MY GOD IT'S KING LOUIE FROM JUNGLEBOOK. I KNOW WHAT I'M NAMING MINE. OOBIEDOO I WANNA BE LIKE YOU-O-OOO I WANNA WALK LIKE YOU TALK LIKE YOU TOO-O-O. *hugs* Nyehhhh NYEHHHHH.
-Lycanroc: Oh look they actually made version exclusive evolution forms. King Louie come here let me make you pretty so I can not be angry.
-I LOVE WHAT I HAVE SEEN OF CUSTOMIZATION SO FAR. But it looks like we only have natural hair colors again. I WANT MY HAIR ROSE RED, GRASS GREEN, PASTEL BLUE, OR PLUM PURPLE, FOR COD'S SAKE.
-The new pokemon amie can cure status ailments. OH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. Finally! I don't have to waste my items and berries outside of battle when FREAKING STATUS EFFECTS GET PUT ON MY POKEMON SIMPLY BY ATTACKING A WILD POKEMON. Nidoran I love you but oh my god stop poisoning my babies with poison point. KING LOUIE COME HERE I HAVE TO BRUSH YOU. One thing: THey're called Pokebeans. WHY ARE THEY BEANS BEANS ARE AWFUL AND TERRIBLE FOODS OF SATAN. (No I'm not religious I just really, REALLY FREAKING HATE BEANS.) King Louie put that down right now take this cupcake instead.
-Aww Eevee's new Z-move is amazing and I love it! POWER OF THE EVOLUTIONS FOR MY PRECIOUS LITTLE PUFF. :D I am so happy. Such a cool thing for Eevee. But why didn't sweet baby puff get an awesome dance like the rat did?
-*punts Pikachu into the sun* Because of course the rat has to have something special too. God that dance was drawn out and obnoxious. Though not gonna lie. I'm just going to picture ash throwing Pikachu directly at people now while screaming "BATTUL?!".

Now if you'll politely excuse me I have at least five more hours of sleep to catch up on. Let's go King Louie.

Finally, they reveal new Amie. Although, here is something we must all ponder in our minds: what is the comb for? Also, the beans are condensed. THANK YOU. It's so irritating to scroll through the entire list in Amie. They come in a lot of different colors this time. Pika is also seen eating a red one.

Attachments

• refresh.png
    refresh.png
    833.5 KB · Views: 55
  • refresh3.png
    refresh3.png
    603.1 KB · Views: 45
-I LOVE WHAT I HAVE SEEN OF CUSTOMIZATION SO FAR. But it looks like we only have natural hair colors again. I WANT MY HAIR ROSE RED, GRASS GREEN, PASTEL BLUE, OR PLUM PURPLE, FOR COD'S SAKE.

I don't think so. I saw the boy with purple hair in one shot, so I think you can have anime-style colors now. You can also have anime-style colored eyes, as burgundy isn't a "natural" eye color. So I think you can have your wild colors and wear them too. ^_^

EDIT: Yes, I was right. At 2:08, you can see the male protag with purple hair. And another eye color choice is violet. So you can have your anime-style colors to customize yourself, and I'm happy about that, too.

So are special Z-moves only for Generation I Pokemon, too?

Good grief, Gamefreak.

Well there is still Greninja. I'd say it's a particularly likely candidate for a signature Z-Move. It's just, you know, Pikachu and Eevee = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Last edited:
So are special Z-moves only for Generation I Pokemon, too?

Good grief, Gamefreak.

Let's wait and see if that is in fact the case first. For all we know the next trailer will debut Mega-Dunsparce and Sunflora's Z-Move Solar Decimation

My thoughts:
  • New Pokémon: do like Passimian, might use it if I get Sun version too. Don't care much for Oranguru though.
  • Lycanroc: now that I've seen their animations in battle I can say... that I like neither :p This might actually mean I'm not using a Rockruff at all anymore (or just won't evolve it), but depends on the mons we still have to see.
  • New Z-moves: the only thing I have to say about this: please give us a "Skip Z-move animation" button, that Eevee move is like a full minute :/
  • Pokémon Refresh: meh, will probably use it once like Amie and then never again. It's just not my thing.
I'm still annoyed the Lycanrocs didn't get the same treatment. Midday form got a brand new priority signature move while Midnight form got nothing. No new moves, no new abilities, not even a very fitting secondary typing. There's no reason to use it over MiddayRoc competitively. I'm hoping for at least a better stat distribution (they'll probably have the same BST) or a good hidden ability.

^This. I'm not that bothered by them being version exclusive, but this bothers me a lot. If I'm stuck with Midnight Form, then at least make it worth it :/

EDIT: Yes, I was right. At 2:08, you can see the male protag with purple hair. And another eye color choice is violet. So you can have your anime-style colors to customize yourself, and I'm happy about that, too.
To add to this: in one of the trailers there's a girl with pink hair too (0:31 in the Japanese trailer) :D

Another interesting thing to note: on the official website information has been added about Pokémon Bank in Sun/Moon. First of all, we won't be able to use Bank in Sun/Moon until January next year. Furthemore, Pokémon transferred from X/Y and ORAS can not be transferred back. Wasn't expecting that, since before this was only the case when using Poké Transporter.

Did I or did I not say something about Lycanroc forms are being influenced by Solgaleo and Lunala, and those of us who could read Japanese were trying to tell you guys it's version exclusive, come on!!! And people still tried to deny that.

I must say, when I heard the rugby monkey on the Chinese leak, imagine some sorts of gorilla (probably because rugby player are pretty buff) but I must say the design for Passimian is very neat.

Eevee Z-move is pretty to look at, but 2-stages boost for all stats for Eevee is..., Baton Pass???

I'm not particularly pleased with Lycanroc's version exclusive forms, primarily because of the pre-hype over Rockruff and the starters sharing a secret. If this means that we have version exclusive starter evolutions then I'll just dump poor Popplio and get some other Water type. That's a ridiculously restrictive idea.

This was a pretty nice trailer. We got a lot more information than last week's, even though I'm still a bit disappointed that we didn't get the starters' middle stages yet.

Passimian looked pretty cool and I liked its ability. It's an interesting way to help out in a double battle, especially when losing one Pokemon there can make winning a match more difficult. Oranguru has a pretty nice type combination and I think that fits with its design quite nicely. It also has quite a useful ability and a new move for double battles. You could potentially knock out two Pokemon at once by having it use Surf twice and you don't have to worry about damaging it. That's pretty cool.

Lycanroc looks so cool and I love seeing more gameplay footage for it. I am a bit disappointed that the evolved forms are version exclusives, if only because that is going to make more people upset who like one form and are already planning on getting the opposite version. It is surprising that both of them are pure Rock though. I was so sure that the Midnight form would be Rock/Dark. However, I can see why they might have wanted to keep them pure Rock. With them both being version exclusive evolutions, they may have not wanted to make one significantly more powerful than the other. I still like both forms, but the Midday form is still the best one and still the one I'm planning on using for my Sun. I may still use the Midnight form in Moon, but since I'm already going to have a Mudsdale, I'm not sure if I'll need a Rock type on that team. I do hope that that the starters won't have version exclusive evolutions though. If they do, I hope that the leaked final form for Popplio is available in Sun.

I really liked seeing more of the customization. We've know about it for awhile, but seeing more of the outfits is pretty cool. Unlike a lot of people, I still want to wear a hat, so hopefully they'll have good options for those during the game. More hairstyles is definitely a good sign too. Both the hair styles and the clothes available were pretty limited in X/Y. Seeing the contacts was neat, but as a person who wears glasses, I still want to see trainers wearing eye glasses. Sunglasses wouldn't have the same impact, at least for me,

Pokemon Refresh looks so cute. It looks a lot like Pokemon Amie, but there is more focus on cleaning than just petting, which is fine by me. It still looks adorable and I can't wait to clean my Popplio. I'm kind of surprised that Pokemon Amie didn't have brushing or cleaning as an option, mainly due to how Serena loves to brush her Pokemon in the XY series. It's so adorable and if it serves as the same basic function as Pokemon Amie, I'll be happy with that. Now just reveal Super Training or something like it still exist in the games and I'll be a happier camper. I know that there's Hyper Training, but that's not quite like Super Training exactly.

Pikachu's exclusive Z-Move is so cute yet hilarious at the same time. Seeing the trainer and Pikachu pose at the same time was cute, but then seeing the trainer throw Pikachu was so funny. It's just so silly, yet wonderful at the same time, which pretty much captures my feelings on Z-Moves in general. Eevee's Z-Move does look pretty cool, but I don't know how useful a stat boost move for Eevee will be. It's not like Eevee is a particularly strong Pokemon on its own, but it is a unique Z-Move at least.

This was a much more satisfying trailer than the last one. It still had some some neat new Pokemon and some nice features for the games. Now the wait for the next trailer begins again.

Back
Top Bottom