• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Well your opinion is yours of course, but there are not too many who would agree with you. The only downside created by fashion is the fact that in order to get into certain shops in the central down (I don't even remember its name because X/Y were meh to me) you required a certain amount of style... and if I recall correctly those shops were also fashion shops.

So honestly, I cannot see how you think it's a downside. It literally does nothing to bring the game down because you can just ignore it completely and have nothing taken away from your game play experience. And you haven't even PLAYED sun and moon yet so you can't say it's the downside of that game yet.
I know I haven't played SM but knowing Customization is in it is enough to be a downside. Yes I can ignore it but it is still a waste of time having such a feature. If they gave it a better purpose or make it worthy by having certain rewards.

True, there's nothing rewarding about expressing yourself or playing a character with similar skin tone as yours.
Of course there isn't. Pokemon games are about catching pokemon and being the best trainer. Not expressing ourselves.

I went nuts over the animation for Eevee's Z-move. Disappointed it's just a stat booster but it's great none-the-less. Good to see the whole eeveelution squad down to help their little buddy!

Of course there isn't. Pokemon games are about catching pokemon and being the best trainer. Not expressing ourselves.

Yeah, it's disgusting just how easily we're allowed to express ourselves, even with how we make our Pokemon team! I think we should get rid of all but like six Pokemon. Also types have got to go.

Last edited:
I am looking forward to Sun and Moon coming out now more than I have. I am not sure what to think about Z-Moves yet, but Eevee's Z-Move is really cool.

So no new Alolan forms in this trailer. Either they are done with them for now. Or are saving them for October.

The thought occurs to me that this situation means if you want the Lycanroc in the opposite version, then you will be unable to nickname it, ever. Can't even breed for it, it will come out the Lycanroc of your version. This matter does currently exist for legends if you want the one from the other version, but it's less of a problem since if you wanted something, you probably already have the version for it, and technically, you could have both versions and send it to yourself. (although it will have traded pokemon exp boost) Not too many people are that fussed about legends, but a regular pokemon? I guess if you like nicknaming things like I do, you pick the version you want right away. This will be a qualified mess for breeders, though.

I think you thrive off of getting people riled up. Damn near every thread you're putting down things that seem to be generally well received by everyone else lol I don't get it.

I myself have never used the customization portion of the game, which had no effect on my playing experience whether it was there or not. And let me tell you, it was extremely hard to walk past those clothing shops. It was so aggravating every time I remembered it was a thing and then I would forget about it again and move on with my life. Maybe you should try the same, IMO.

The thought occurs to me that this situation means if you want the Lycanroc in the opposite version, then you will be unable to nickname it, ever.

Maybe I'm missing something here but why can't you just nickname a Rockruff from your game, and then trade it over to somebody to evolve it for you? It's not as if they can re-nickname it, and nicknames persist through evolution.

Maybe I'm missing something here but why can't you just nickname a Rockruff from your game, and then trade it over to somebody to evolve it for you? It's not as if they can re-nickname it, and nicknames persist through evolution.
I didn't think of that. Usually, tradebacks involve just having the evolution invoked by the matter it's traded. For this, one would have to wait however long it takes to evolve the thing, if they don't just pop a rare candy into it. It's an unheard of practice as far as I know, and requires extra faith they won't just run off with it. I have not yet met the trading community that isn't as good as their word, but I stress people to beware the REAL wolves out there.

@Arceus the Dragon

It's all fine and dandy to have an opinion, but your 'opinion' crosses dangerously over into "If I don't like it, it's against the nature of the game and thus no one should have the option" territory and those kinds of 'opinions' I can not respect.

If it was a feature that has been traditionally forced on us, like the Pokemon following feature very much was in HG/SS, than it would be a little different, but here you have a case of something that is completely optional to you, but you're still going to be a stick in the mud and act like no one should have the option. And your reasoning is because it is 'pointless' and adds nothing? Clearly your opinion of what constitutes the value of a feature being added is entirely different from mine and many others, you need to realize that.

If some people decide not to buy the games I seriously doubt it will be because GF didn't give dual types to some Pokemon. Talk about overreaction.
remember overreaction to the first Charizard mega and the fire/dragon typing that we then got it?

Would you like to have a third Lycanrock evolution for both form and some type changes in the game?

Last edited:

Is it even necessary to nickname the Rockruff before trading it away (say if you haven't thought of a name yet)? I thought if you evolved a traded Pokemon, that Pokemon still technically belonged to its original Trainer? Or am I forgetting something too here? xD

What if Passimian gets Pyukumuku's ability through Receiver? Poor guy.

This is hilarious Graphically, of course. Though on a serious note, I somewhat imagine it's the ball that receives the ability, something like an orb of power.. Well since it's receiver, and Passimian receives the ball.

I know I haven't played SM but knowing Customization is in it is enough to be a downside. Yes I can ignore it but it is still a waste of time having such a feature. If they gave it a better purpose or make it worthy by having certain rewards.

I think we're confusing definition of terms here.. Downside means affecting the game negatively or putting the game down, eg. In the previous generations, Shiny Locked Legendary is a downside for those who love soft resetting and shiny hunting legends that's why other resort to cheating.. Glitches are also downside as well as Lack of compatibility from other games.. Slow saving speed.. Removing helpful features such as poke radar, item finder, nav dex, Etc.

So how did customization put the game down when you can just ignore it and not affect your game? Sure there's no tangible reward but it's the intangible rewarding feeling you get when the character looks a lot like you.

It's called improvement, not downside.

Is it even necessary to nickname the Rockruff before trading it away (say if you haven't thought of a name yet)? I thought if you evolved a traded Pokemon, that Pokemon still technically belonged to its original Trainer? Or am I forgetting something too here? xD
I think it's more so that the person you're trading with doesn't get it mixed up with other Rockruff, and can easily tell it apart without looking through Trainer IDs.

Back
Top Bottom