• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

I fail to see how great customization is when it clearly provides nothing but style in my opinion.

This has already been explained to you on the previous page. What it provides is an increased feeling of immersion, individuality, and freedom of expression, which may not be valuable to you personally, but it should hardly be a surprise that it is something that players of role-playing games desire, given that immersion is a core aspect of RPGs.

I jokingly compared it to this site's avatars, user titles, and signatures on the previous page, but I do think that is fairly apt - we don't *need* to be able to choose our own images or sayings to display on an online forum, and there is no physical reward for doing so, but it allows users to personalize their posts, and helps to keep things less monotonous. For instance, you are clearly a fan of Arceus and Dragon types, and are able to show that via your avatar. You don't get any prize for doing it, but it makes your account stand out as your own.

If somebody has no interest in doing this, they are entirely capable of declining to use such features, in the games, on this site, or wherever. And that's good too - declining to exercise one's right to self-expression is itself a form of expression and is as valid as any other. But there is a considerable difference between withholding your own self-expression, and taking away avenues of self-expression from others just because you don't want to partake in that option yourself.

That's my piece, and I'm gonna' leave it at that.

I've noticed that as well, they seem to just drop tid-bits here and there. I can defineltey see Alolan Persian though. I wasn't too impressed with Alolan Meowth, but it was still neat. Dragon/Fighting Jangmo-o would be awesome! Love that idea. Fairy would have their way with it, but it would probably turn into one of my favorites if the design pulls through.
I love the way that they are handling features. It really adds to the mystery. And not have everything handed to us on a plate.

Alolan Persian seems very secretive to me. It's a bit like they are postponing it on purpose for some bigger role in possibly the anime as Giovanni's new Persian or a friend for his Persian.

Yeah, the type combination may sound cool for a Pokemon. But the design is a big factor in deciding to use that Pokemon. So here's to hoping! :)

The Riddler seems to have put the picture of the monk staff right after Jangmo-o in their dex, so it might end up having something to do with that.

I'm still thinking half Fighting or half Steel, though. The description matches both a knight and a warrior type to me. Either would be cool, tbh.
But the Riddler denotes evolutions with question marks. Pictures of items are other Pokemon.

Steel-type would be wicked. It'll be the Dialga of Gen VII like Turtonator is the Reshiram of Gen VII.

Changing topic: I do think Jangmo-o would be the pseudo of gen 7. I think it would be Dragon/Fighting although a Dragon/Steel line would be good. If they did a branch evolution for it then that would be the first time a pseudo has a branch evolution. One Dragon/Fighting and the other Dragon/Steel. Doubt it would happen but neat idea.

Changing topic: I do think Jangmo-o would be the pseudo of gen 7. I think it would be Dragon/Fighting although a Dragon/Steel line would be good. If they did a branch evolution for it then that would be the first time a pseudo has a branch evolution. One Dragon/Fighting and the other Dragon/Steel. Doubt it would happen but neat idea.

I could quickly get behind that! And hell, with the way this generation is going I wouldn't put it past GameFreak.

I wonder if Alolan Persian will turn out fat as well, like Raticate did. :p

No word yet on fossil pokemon. Of course Johto never had fossil pokemon so it is possible that Alola has none this time round. I am pretty confident that we will see an Alola Persian. It makes no sense for Alola Meowth to evolve into normal Persian.

Hopefully on the 4th we'll see Alolan Persian. But if not, then I hope it's not just shown in CoroCoro. That would be so disappointing.

As for future news reveals, a couple of new Alola Forms would be welcome, but I am mostly still waiting for Z-Forms to surface. I am strongly convinced that they will be in the game, and I am curious to see how they will differ from Mega Evolution.

But I still don't think they will reveal them just yet. If the pattern of getting two main updates throughout the month holds, then we have four more left to go, which is a fair bit.

We do know that they will be showcasing more of Type: Null next month, but will that be in the update on the 4th, or the later one, since it was Corocoro that first mentioned this? I am leaning toward it being the later one.

No word yet on fossil pokemon. Of course Johto never had fossil pokemon so it is possible that Alola has none this time round. I am pretty confident that we will see an Alola Persian. It makes no sense for Alola Meowth to evolve into normal Persian.

I don't think it's fair to compare to Johto, though, as the second generation ever introduced and the only one that was attached to the previous gen directly via post-game. It was kinda the first step in deciding where Pokemon would go after Gen 1. Certain things, like introducing new fossils, didn't really start becoming a norm until Gen 3.

Game Freak made it pretty clear that the Battle Frontier won't be coming back. Apparently players don't have time for it and would get bored with it. At least that is what I heard.
They also said that customization is a Kalos-only feature and we have it in Alola. So I don't take what they say seriously.

Between Dragon/Fighting and Dragon/Steel for Jangmo-o, I would prefer the former, although the latter wouldn't be bad to see either. Dragon/Fighting feels a bit more flavorful to me; however, Dialga is an extremely abstract approach to a Dragon/Steel type, so I do think there is room to explore a more straightforward interpretation. Either one would be very unique.

What if they reveal a new Battle Frontier on the 4th? :O

I wasn't really involved with the fandom around the time of Emerald or Platinum - was the Battle Frontier promoted prior to either of those games' releases? Although even if it wasn't, that doesn't necessarily mean anything to SM, since their promotional campaigns have changed a lot since then and have become much more streamlined.

They also said that customization is a Kalos-only feature and we have it in Alola. So I don't take what they seriously.
If they wanted to bring the BF back then it should of been in ORAS instead of a copy and paste Battle Maison. Plus RS never had customization so that is why ORAS didn't have it.

Plus RS never had customization so that is why ORAS didn't have it.

I don't believe in that reasoning at all. Because, for example, R/S/E never had the day/night feature, but because it was added back in later titles they brought it to OR/AS. FR/LG and HG/SS also had features that the originals did not have.

Gamefreak is too inconsistent to make any such assertions. lol.

I do not for one second believe that Gamefreak left customization out of OR/AS because it wasn't in the original R/S. That is why I am so happy that they returned it for Sun and Moon.

Plus RS never had customization so that is why ORAS didn't have it.

Yeah, but as I said earlier today in the customization thread, RS never had Pokémon-Amie, the Battle Maison, or Mega Evolutions either, and those three things are all much more inherently connected to Kalos than clothes-changing is.

So why didn't ORAS have customization? I suspect, despite what I just said, that it really was due to a bizarre and profoundly arbitrary idea of "remaning faithful" to RS, but who can really say for sure.

Back
Top Bottom