• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

I wasn't really involved with the fandom around the time of Emerald or Platinum - was the Battle Frontier promoted prior to either of those games' releases? Although even if it wasn't, that doesn't necessarily mean anything to SM, since their promotional campaigns have changed a lot since then and have become much more streamlined.
The Battle Frontier for Platinum was actually revealed on the 10th of July 2008. Platinum was released on the 13th of September 2008 in Japan.

The Battle Frontier for Emerald was actually revealed on the 13th of July 2004. Emerald was released on the 16th of September 2004 in Japan.

The Battle Frontier for Platinum was actually revealed on the 10th of July 2008. Platinum was released on the 13th of September 2008 in Japan.

The Battle Frontier for Emerald was actually revealed on the 13th of July 2004. Emerald was released on the 16th of September 2004 in Japan.

The timing is just about right then, roughly two months.

And I don't think it'd be a Battle Frontier, just something really similar, under a different name, like the "Battle Festival" or something.

And please, GameFreak. I want the PWT :(

Thought I'd pop in and ask, apologies if Its been asked already.

But what if the newly revealed Pokemon, with the ability to take a partners ability after fainting, (forgot the name, apologies) was paired up with a Shedinja?

Thought I'd pop in and ask, apologies if Its been asked already.

But what if the newly revealed Pokemon, with the ability to take a partners ability after fainting, (forgot the name, apologies) was paired up with a Shedinja?

You mean Passimian. And yes, it its partner was a Shedinja, it can obtain Wonder Guard, as the ability Receiver copies ANY ability. So something like Wonder Guard, Huge Power, or anything else is fair game for Passimian to copy, similar to Trace (though in that case it copies an opponent's ability, while Receiver copies an ally's ability).

Wow, I hope that leads to some really fun combinations. Im new to the battling scene so not sure how it would be on a competitive level. But thanks CL!

@Calvin ッ You're welcome. And considering that the competitive scene seems to focus a lot on Double Battles recently, they probably designed that ability to correspond with that mentality. Plus lemurs are highly social, troop animals, so it only makes sense that Passimian, which is a lemur, has a "team player" ability.

I was hoping that Eevee's Z-Move was like Tri-Attack. But nope just up-powered. :/

I think it's a nice change, considering all we've got as of yet were nukes. I think some will have their additional effect will be revealed later on though.

Extreme Evoboost will give Eevee stats like its evos without evolving, and it can be passed via baton pass.. This is a more strategic z move, one that can last throughout the battle, unlike the one time nukes.

There might be limitations to what abilities Passimian can have thanks to it's ability. It might not be able to learn Wonder Guard. I mean, you could just turn Shedinja into a Water type by using Golduck's Soak.

I know I haven't played SM but knowing Customization is in it is enough to be a downside. Yes I can ignore it but it is still a waste of time having such a feature. If they gave it a better purpose or make it worthy by having certain rewards.

Of course there isn't. Pokemon games are about catching pokemon and being the best trainer. Not expressing ourselves.

Explain how a feature that MAJORITY of fans want is a waste of time? It is one thing to dislike a feature, and it is another, more selfish thing to class it as a waste of time because you personally don't like it despite it being one of the most wanted features by majority of fans for years.

It isn't a waste of time at all. Character customisation benefits the majority of players, while the minority of players can simply ignore the feature and have it affect them in literally no way.

I doubt we get anymore cross-gen evolutions apart from the occasional Eevee evolution. They pretty much stop that in Sinnoh.

I wonder what else they could show in the next trainer, aside from new Alola Pokemon. Hopefully some non-Kanto Alolan forms, ditto with exclusive Z-moves (heh, heh, Ditto with its own Z-move, that I'd like to see). Still keeping fingers crossed for new Megas.

I doubt we get anymore cross-gen evolutions apart from the occasional Eevee evolution. They pretty much stop that in Sinnoh.
I dunno, they may have seemed to have stopped that in Sinnoh, but I think that had something to do with Unova and its whole... 90% new pokemon thing acting like previous generations didn't exist, followed by Kalos with its one new eeveelution and a ton of Megas filling in the would-be cross-gen evolutions spot.

I really hope they'll introduce new Megas, I feel it would be rather strange if they just stopped with that whole project altogether. Besides, I'm still waiting for my Mega Yanmega.

Getting some new cross-generation evolutions would be nice, miss those to be honest. I'm mostly betting on new Alolan forms though.

Back
Top Bottom