• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Well I'd particularly like to see another kahuna now that I think about it, since I think Hala has a fantastic design. While I would like to see some evolutions, I won't be getting the game until 5 days after its "worldwide release" on the 23rd, so I can just plan my team then, rather than needing it ready for the 18th. Oh more Alolan forms would be cool. I want to see what other ones they have been working on (please Venomoth and Dodrio!).

It will be interesting to see what is covered though. There's already so much that's been gone over.

Yeah I think I'd like to see some more background characters like another Kahuna or more Trial Captains. I'd also like to see more Alolan forms. I hope the next forms they show are a little different from what we've already gotten so far. We got 4 ice types right in the first reveal trailer for them and now I'd like to see Alolan forms for Pokemon with different typings. I want them to have a water type Alolan form Pokemon. I really want to have a form on my team, but one of the only types I have left to fill in is water. I was considering some of the new water Pokemon, but I wanna wait to see what comes of them before I make any decisions. Either way I'd love to see what kind of water Alolan form we can get.

I'd really like to see another Guardian. :/

To be honest, I feel like the only reason we saw Tapu Koko is due to the fact that it'll be the first Guardian and it'd be hard to show off Kahunas or the version exclusive Ultra Beasts whilst also skirting around Koko.

Leak talk:

I definitely feel like the Dolphin and Snowman from the leak will be pre release reveals so I'm kinda expecting one of them on the fourth seeing as they seem to be holding out on new Pokémon now. They'd also be good for reaffirming people Ice and possibly Dark Pokémon are happening, even though Ice tends to have low numbers and is barely ever shown pre release so I don't see why there's more concern for Alola, especially when even Hoenn managed to throw in two Ice lines

I find it strange that Alola has a snowy mountain, but yet we haven't seen any Alolan Pokemon for it. I am not counting Alolan Forms. I mean new Pokemon.

Say, I wonder if we'll get fully-evolved Pokémon in the wild. Maybe at the snowy mountain, we could see Avalugg, Glalie, etc.

I would like to at least see the Starters mid-stage evos. I mean, come on already, stop taunting us GF. I know that the Kalos starters mid-stage forms were revealed about a month before the games were released, so Oct 4th would be a good enough time to show us. It'll at least allow us to prove/disprove some rumors and leaks, or at least give us an idea of what to expect for their final forms.

Also, I would like some info on Pikipek's mid-stage evolution, especially since, like everyone else, I'm wondering if it'll gain a new type or not upon evolution. As everyone else said, if it becomes a Steel-type, then that would be golden, since it would be nice for GF to finally make the early birdies more viable like Talonflame ended up (though I did learn that previous gen success doesn't always carry over to next gen games, such as the difference between Huge Power Diggersby and our current knowledge on Gumshoos).

And finally, I would like at least SOME news on my beloved Ice-type. I don't count the Alola Forms as "new Pokemon", more like "retooled old Pokemon", so give me some genuinely new Ice-types, please. That also applies to Dark Mons, since all the Dark Mons we've got were also retyped Alola Forms, but Ice takes priority in my mind.

To be honest, I hope they save the other guardians for when the games come out. Since they are unobtainable, it is better to give us actual pokemon than something is just used for the plot and nothing else.
Why would they be unobtainable? If we can capture almost any Legendary, where some have been very crucial to the plot like Kyurem in B2W2, why would the Guardians be any different?

Things I wish to see next month:

Starters middle evo + whatever the hell their secret with Rockruff is (hopefully not version exclusive evos)
Fossil Pokemon pleeeeeeeease! if one more person tries to tell me about Hawaii's fossil record, i will find a way to make you feel my glare though the internet
Mooore human characters specifically the Trial Captains

Which reminds me, how many Gym Leaders did we know about before release in the past? I don't remember how many they typically show us before hand.

Why would they be unobtainable? If we can capture almost any Legendary, where some have been very crucial to the plot like Kyurem in B2W2, why would the Guardians be any different?
They are not pokemon so that makes them not obtainable. Kyurem was different since Ghetsis had his cane stopping the player from catching it.

They are not pokemon so that makes them not obtainable. Kyurem was different since Ghetsis had his cane stopping the player from catching it.

I don't want to butt in, but I feel like maybe someone here might have mistakenly said/read incorrectly, and mixed up the guardians (like Tapu Koko) with the Ultra Beasts? Because we know the guardians are in fact Pokémon... we don't know that they're obtainable, but I'm sure there's a good chance. As for the UBs, that's still kind of up in the air for me...

I don't want to butt in, but I feel like maybe someone here might have mistakenly said/read incorrectly, and mixed up the guardians (like Tapu Koko) with the Ultra Beasts? Because we know the guardians are in fact Pokémon... we don't know that they're obtainable, but I'm sure there's a good chance. As for the UBs, that's still kind of up in the air for me...
Whoops. Just read my post. I did mixed it up. Thanks for the correction. But yeah, UB are most likely unobtainable.

Honestly the way this pre-release period is going; the only thing I expect on the fourth is to have my mind blown once again.

Okay after seeing some discussion on Zygarde, I am re-pondering on its existence and obtainability in Sun and Moon. With Pokemon Bank being available nearly 2 months after the game, this pages quote now intrigues me even more.
Pokémon
If only half of the Cells and Cores are in Alola, or at least 50% of Zygarde is split up as Cells and Cores, then were in the world is 50% Zygarde, and would the really only have us go on a hunt for half of it, with thw other half as an encounter? And why half ass the Cell hunt instead of going the full hog if its only in Alola? Cause they surely wouldn't have us wait two months to transfer the other half from XY, or launch yet another event for it before then.

At one point I thought we'd eventually see each Tapu revealed, but that kinda went out the window once Ultra Beasts started showing up.

I think we might see the Tapu for Akala island revealed, but the remaining two will probably be kept a secret. (probably just because they appear later in the plot)

I don't think they'll reveal the mid-stage evo of the starters on the 4th. Rather, I can see they reveal it on the second October info dump.
That being said, I don't know what to expect for the 4th. Maybe some new Pokemon and Alolan forms with a version exclusive or two, and maybe some feature they haven't revealed yet. What I want, though, is some info about the demo version.

Which reminds me, how many Gym Leaders did we know about before release in the past? I don't remember how many they typically show us before hand.
They revealed Viola, Grant, Clemont, and Korrina all before launch. So far we've seen the same amount Trial Captains in the pre-launch that we saw of the Gym Leaders in the XY pre-launch.

Back
Top Bottom