• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Hoping we get information on Pikipek's evolutions, along with the starters'. They could maybe give us one or two new Pokemon too. Add in some things about Lillie's relationship to Lusamine and Gladion, and I'll be happy.

Okay after seeing some discussion on Zygarde, I am re-pondering on its existence and obtainability in Sun and Moon. With Pokemon Bank being available nearly 2 months after the game, this pages quote now intrigues me even more.
Pokémon
If only half of the Cells and Cores are in Alola, or at least 50% of Zygarde is split up as Cells and Cores, then were in the world is 50% Zygarde, and would the really only have us go on a hunt for half of it, with thw other half as an encounter? And why half ass the Cell hunt instead of going the full hog if its only in Alola? Cause they surely wouldn't have us wait two months to transfer the other half from XY, or launch yet another event for it before then.
One logical answer could be Kalos in the post game. Before people shoot me down, they did say that customization was a Kalos-only feature. So anything is possible, even two regions in Sun and Moon. I, personally, would not like to see it. But this is just me thinking logically.

Last edited:
The only logical answer would have to be Kalos in the post game. Before people shoot me down, they did say that customization was a Kalos-only feature. So anything is possible, even two regions in Sun and Moon. I, personally, would not like to see it. But this is just me thinking logically.
i don't really see how that's the "only" logical answer when, given that there are Zygarde cells in Alola, that it's likely there's a encounter of sorts with a Power Construct Zygarde. plus, if Kalos were to be in SM, why have Sina and Dexio touring through Alola?

i don't really see how that's the "only" logical answer when, given that there are Zygarde cells in Alola, that it's likely there's a encounter of sorts with a Power Construct Zygarde. plus, if Kalos were to be in SM, why have Sina and Dexio touring through Alola?
Maybe Sina and Dexio travel to Kalos with you after you have found all the Cells and Cores in Alola? After arriving in Kalos, you search for the other half of Cells and Cores?

GSC and HGSS proved that two regions don't work. So I doubt we see Kalos in Sun and Moon. Post game islands are more likely in my opinion.

GSC and HGSS proved that two regions don't work. So I doubt we see Kalos in Sun and Moon. Post game islands are more likely in my opinion.
Just because it hasn't work before, doesn't mean that it will never work. Besides the 3DS can handle two regions way better than the GBC or DS can. Also, Nintendo will have learned from their mistakes with both sets of Gen II games. They have certainly mastered the 3DS by now. So why would two regions be any different?

It is possible for Kalos to return but didn't Game Freak said that there is no two regions in Sun and Moon? I thought I heard something like that from somewhere.

Just because it hasn't work before, doesn't mean that it will never work. Besides the 3DS can handle two regions way better than the GBC or DS can. Also, Nintendo will have learned from their mistakes with both sets of Gen II games. They have certainly mastered the 3DS by now. So why would two regions be any different?
there shouldn't be any tech, storage, or experience issues, but to me it seems a bit impractical to not only create Alola from scratch but then also redesign Kalos in its near entirety to match the new gridless overworld, let alone any other design philosophy Alola may have began (such as a possibly less "rigid" region). that's not even considering other logistics like "Why Kalos," "What To Do in Kalos," and the two most important, "How Is This Not Something We've Already Done?" and "Is This Needlessly Dragging Out The Game?"

I thought HG/SS did just fine with Kanto and Johto...
Because Kanto and Johto are the 2 smallest regions. The 2 region thing kinda works with the small regions, but it doesn´t work with bigger regions, and both Alola and Kalos seem to be fairly big.

But specifically with Johto and Kanto, I agree. The level curve and those complaints didn´t bother me much, personally. What I don´t like is how barren postgame Kanto is, even in the remake.

Last edited:
A return to Kalos will probably only be known when we have played the games.

Let's hope the 4th surprises us immensely! :)

I think the best way they could do a two-region game would be if your return to the second region was for a specific plot purpose related to the previous region, and beating the gyms and elite 4 for that region is made just an optional thing that you could do while you're there, if you really want to.

And it could make sense if we returned to Kalos in the post-game for Sun and Moon? It's already been made, so it's not like they'd have to recreate an entire region like if we were to return to Kanto, and it would be quite an unexpected form of replacement for the "Pokemon Z" version that we didn't get.

Why go to Kalos when Zygarde is in Alola? The only point of Kalos returning is if Zygarde was there. But we can collect the cells and cores in Alola. So unless we have to get the other 50% cells and other cells from Kalos, I seriously doubt it's return.

Why go to Kalos when Zygarde is in Alola? The only point of Kalos returning is if Zygarde was there. But we can collect the cells and cores in Alola. So unless we have to get the other 50% cells and other cells from Kalos, I seriously doubt it's return.
Well I'm sure they could come up with another reason besides collecting Zygarde cells, but it would be a nice tie-in if half of Zygarde was in Kalos, thus warranting the return to collect it and perhaps do whatever Kalos plot thing was happening there.

Back
Top Bottom