• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

there shouldn't be any tech, storage, or experience issues, but to me it seems a bit impractical to not only create Alola from scratch but then also redesign Kalos in its near entirety to match the new gridless overworld, let alone any other design philosophy Alola may have began (such as a possibly less "rigid" region). that's not even considering other logistics like "Why Kalos," "What To Do in Kalos," and the two most important, "How Is This Not Something We've Already Done?" and "Is This Needlessly Dragging Out The Game?"

Yeah, I mean, I'm all for having more post-game stuff, but I would take a more streamlined post-game with less overall content if the alternative was a mangled, overwrought mess, which I do think would be the case with Kalos in SM.

How about an ambiguous post-game area that supposedly connects Alola and Kalos, kinda like the Sinjoh Ruins? Kalola Ruins maybe? :p

I'd much prefer this approach if there is to be a post-game location we can go to, though larger like the entirety of the Sevii Islands or the Battle Zone, and more extensive. I mostly just want a big area, be it several small connected places or a big separate island or anything, where we can drown in post-game content haha.

I'm not much of a fan of returning to Kalos as its my least favorite region, though that's just my opinion. If we were to return to it for some reason, I think it should have some sub-plot or anything so going there feels more justified.

If real wold geography were a factor in determining which region a player could go to, Kalos would be one of the last since it it would be on the other side of the planet. If anything it would be Hoenn, Johto, Kanto, and then Sinnoh as it would be the closest.

They allowed the player to return to Kanto in GSC and HGSS not only because it fit the plot but because they were literally a route away. You'd have travel across an entire ocean (and heck a large part of the planet) to travel to another region. While it is fun to return to previous regions the themes aren't old-timey like in GSC and HGSS where Kanto nostalgia was appropriate. Johto is supposedly a very old-timely, traditional place. Alola is supposed to be a relaxed tropical paradise away from the rest of the world. It wouldn't fit the theme to return to another region, anyway!

Middle forms would be nice and once the games is release I will finally get to see what the fully evolved starters look like.

The middle forms would be nice, but we've also been saying that since, like, august. The information they give to us periodically is very unpredictable, so I feel like simply for that reason, and the fact that everybody's expecting the mid-stages, they're not going to be shown.

The middle forms would be nice, but we've also been saying that since, like, august. The information they give to us periodically is very unpredictable, so I feel like simply for that reason, and the fact that everybody's expecting the mid-stages, they're not going to be shown.

To be fair, everyone was expecting them way too early.

The middle stage evolutions for the 6th gen starters weren't shown off until around a month before release, so we're still in line for that to happen.

I'd prefer if they didn't release the middle evos of the starters at all, but that's just me.

Yes, yes I would. I don't want to know too much about them when playing the game. Especially their secrets.

I agree. However, I find myself in the peculiar predicament of wanting know as much as I can while simultaneously wanting the game to be a surprise. It makes it difficult for me to make up my mind.

Last edited:
To be honest, I don't even care anymore what they'll reveal in the next few days... as long as it's something. Anything would cheer me up right now, and I sure as heck need something to lift my spirits.

I'm one of those who wants to know all the Pokemon before buying the games, I mostly try to stay away from plot-related stuff cause I want that to be a surprise as I go on my journey.

The start of a generation is so much fun, I want to see them all!

I'm one of those who wants to know all the Pokemon before buying the games, I mostly try to stay away from plot-related stuff cause I want that to be a surprise as I go on my journey.

The start of a generation is so much fun, I want to see them all!

I love seeing the in-game images of Pokemon we don't know about showing up in forums and then people are saying it's fake and then go mad when it turns out it's actually real. I remember following a NeoGaf thread back when X & Y were being leaked and everybody going crazy over Klefki.

I can understand some people preferring to discover Pokemon in-game, but it would personally bother me too much to evolve a Pokemon I liked just to end up with a Pokemon I didn't like as much. I mean if I had gone into Pokemon X blind I probably would have gone with Pumpkaboo over Phantump.....but in the end I much prefer Trevenant to Gourgeist. (and really I don't see much difference between discovering a Pokemon online and discovering it in-game anyway)

I love seeing the in-game images of Pokemon we don't know about showing up in forums and then people are saying it's fake and then go mad when it turns out it's actually real. I remember following a NeoGaf thread back when X & Y were being leaked and everybody going crazy over Klefki.

I can understand some people preferring to discover Pokemon in-game, but it would personally bother me too much to evolve a Pokemon I liked just to end up with a Pokemon I didn't like as much. I mean if I had gone into Pokemon X blind I probably would have gone with Pumpkaboo over Phantump.....but in the end I much prefer Trevenant to Gourgeist. (and really I don't see much difference between discovering a Pokemon online and discovering it in-game anyway)

Oh yeah, I sure remember those times from XY! I was guilty of believing Greninja was certainly a fake and had to eat that up later, but the guy quickly grew on you so in the end I couldn't be mad, haha. Made me learn not to call things fake too quickly.

I have the same feeling, I want to be sure I will like the Pokemon I evolve. Besides, I've always liked to find out a lot about games (except plots and other such spoilery things) before I buy them, so it kind of just falls naturally.

I didn't follow the news of XY at all. I only brought X 2-3 months after it released. It was nowhere in any store at that time. :p

I didn't follow the news of XY at all. I only brought X 2-3 months after it released. It was nowhere in any store at that time. :p

I'm sure it was well worth the wait. That game was reason I got my 3DS! XD

I think I only got ORAS until last year, about a year after it came out... Mostly because I had more school work at the time than I could ever handle. Was worth the wait when I finally picked it up, though.

Back
Top Bottom