• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

I also do want to know the starter evos before I get the game. The evos of the other Pokémon don't matter as much, since I can always simply get another mon if I don't like their evo. The starter however you can't change, so I'd rather know beforehand what it's gonna look like in the end.

I actually prefer to just know every Pokémon in the game beforehand, I like to plan my teams. But starter evolutions are definitely the most important to me.

Definitely agree with rather knowing the evolutions of the starters beforehand, I'd rather not pick one just to have it evolve into something I hate when I could pick one whose final evolution I like. Liiiike for example... if I were to choose Litten and have it evolve into the awful form we've seen leaked, when I could have chosen Rowlet instead and been happy with it from start to finish. It's kind of a chore to start your game over at that point in order to start out with a starter that you'll love 100%, and getting one through Wonder Trade or GTS just doesn't have the same personal feel as the pokemon you actually started out with.

Starters can also help with teambuilding. If you know the type combinations of the final stages, you cam build a team around your starter.
I agree on this, but during my first play through I like to go with the flow and pick the Pokemon who I found most interesting :) But I still want to see those starter evolutions, and please no wrestler kitty.. :)

Starters can also help with teambuilding. If you know the type combinations of the final stages, you cam build a team around your starter.

I agree. At least maybe we can get a hint of where they are leading to with the middle stages? Like in XY I had no idea my Chespin would evolve into a fighting type when I got Pancham and then by the time I got to the Fairy Gym, whelp I had three fighting types on my team. I think I had Lucario on my team as well! Had I known, however, I would have opted for a much different team.

Having an idea of what evolves into what would greatly help me build my team! It wasn't that fun in OR because I wound up accidentally using the same team I had in Ruby version (minus Breloom in place of Medicham). XD

The thing is, the fact that the starters all have a secret make me want to really not know what they evolve to in case their evolutions contain that secret or reveal something about it. I do understand your points; in fact, that's what I usually do: find out what their middle and final evos are before choosing. But given the whole secret thing, I'll play it safe. I want to be surprised on what it is. Most likely overkill on my part but whatever.

I am playing the waiting game with the starters. We'll either know this month, October, or the next. If we don't know before the 18th of November, than I am glad that I receive the games on the 23rd. :)

So far, all news that appear in the early days of the months have been new and not a repeat of previous news. Hopefully that continues for the 4th. Once we get the news on the fourth, we might get another date on the next bit of news and/or we then wait for corocoro news.

I think that we have only three or four more news drops left. The 4th, CoroCoro, maybe start of November, CoroCoro.

It's possible that the PC can news drop in mid-October, as well. They tend to drop news on a two-week basis, but since it'll only be a month away, GF and pokemon company might be less inclined to do so. We'll see!

I also prefer to at least know of the starter's middle stages before release, especially this time. I've been making it a point to evolve my starter before the first gym for a few generations now so knowing only the basic forms when I get the game is a big problem. It's times like this that make me glad for Sun and Moon being released a week later in my country because I like to know what I'm getting into.

I think it's definitely time to reveal the other stagesof the starters. We've got under two months before the games release, and I defintely think that with these 'secrets' they hold, they will be integral to our teams and the storyline.

I'm still surprised about no megas so far, but it would be cool if there were new ones but they didn't reveal them before the game.

Apparently it just got confirmed that we will be seeing Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio's evolutions.

Edit: Goddamn it. Joe from Serebii says that the image shown does not say we're seeing them.
Little quick to the draw there,huh? Lol, yeah I just saw the pictures. All it says is "which starter will you pick"

Back
Top Bottom