• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Bond phenomenon. Who else would have it???

I guess the possibility of Z-forms has drastically diminished now. Ash-Greninja is just a Greninja with a special ability.

Yeah, I definitely didn't see that coming. Whatever, it's cool! I'm happy. :D

Poke Pelago!!! SUN/MOON CONFIRMED AS GOTY

these trailers, hot damn. The new mega evo animation is nicer too, kinda more dramatic.

The starter evolutions all look great though, and finally nice to see confirmation of the Battle Bond & Ash-Greninja. Demo is a must have.

edit: Ahhhhh Sugimori's art for Ash-Greninja is nice! Better than the anime art. It's cool that Ash-Greninja isn't some hyped up new mechanic, it's been sleekly included as an ability.

HOWEVER, I wonder what other Pokemon could have a Battle Bond form?

Roll on the 14th!!!!

Last edited:
IT'S AN ABILITY! At last, Ash-Greninja's status has been put to rest! Thank Yggdrasil for this trailer!
Other thoughts...
  • Those starter evolutions. Wow. I kinda like Dartrix the most of it because it's got a dank hairstyle.
  • Festival Plaza. Oh, man, it looks like a cross between Join Avenue from B2W2 and the Wi-Fi Plaza from Platinum! I'm interested to see what facilities do what.
  • Poke Pelago! Send all your boxed Legendaries out on fossil and berry hunts!
  • Confirming Mega Evolutions will be making a return is a sigh of relief on my end. Don't even care when we get access to it, I'm just glad that it's there - a lot of my worries are gone now.
  • Special demo coming October 18th. Well... I think it's safe to assume that some of us are gonna be soft resetting that save - or at least, trying to pass down this Greninja's new ability of Battle Bond once the transfer is made.
Brionne especially may be one giant point forward for those leaked evolutions...

Okay, I'm impressed. Not only is Ash-Greninja in the games, but I love the Starters' mid-stages (especially Litten) and the side-quests. And finally, my boxed mons get to do something fun! And we can get items from it, too, like rare stones! Sweet! Now I know I HAVE to get the demo, but I hope that the datamining incident from the ORAS demo doesn't repeat itself this time. But I'm quite happy. Go Sun/Moon! You rock!

Mega Evolution confirmed again. lol. Kudos to everyone who guess the Z-ring also serves as Mega Ring.

Data-mining doesn't really bother me since it doesn't truly hurt anything. I get to see more pokemon out of it (including any of the stupid mythical pokemon Gamefreak so I can at least see what I'm going to miss out on since Gamefreak is allergic to letting you catch all the pokemon in-games).

Out of the starter mid-stages Torracat is definitely my favorite! If the (only) final form turns out to be a bipedal wrestler I might just keep it unevolved.

Also I'm loving the Poke Pelago feature! I always hated the idea of catching Pokemon and storing them into a computer indefinitely.

The 'bell' around Torracat's neck kinda looks like the belt in that heel-wrestler evolution. Maybe I still have hope. ;^; Maybe I will still get cool macho-cat.
When it evolves into that macho tiger, it's gonna be BOSS :D

Last edited by a moderator:
HEY GUYS FROM THE OFFICIAL SITE:

The bell-like object attached at the base of Torracat’s neck is a flame sac, an organ that can produce flames. Torracat’s emotions cause a rise in the organ’s temperature, and when the organ spits flames, it rings with the high, clear sound of a bell. Torracat attacks using the flames emitted from this bell.

Torracat’s mane serves as an excellent sensory organ, and it can sense what’s going on around it—even in the dark! It can also detect the presence of hidden enemies.

Torracat has a great love for battle and will attack so relentlessly that its opponents lose the will to fight. And yet it sometimes behaves like spoiled child in front of Trainers or Pokémon with whom it has built a relationship of trust.

The cat punch that this Pokémon can dish out with its strong forelegs is extremely powerful. It can bend iron bars and knock out large men with a single blow!

Heel. Wrestling. Cat.

Also popplio's evolution. It's face is getting whi
The 'bell' around Torracat's neck kinda looks like the belt in that heel-wrestler evolution. Maybe I still have hope. ;^; Maybe I will still get cool macho-cat.
Also,popplio's evolution. It's face is getting whiter and it's bottom part is light blue. A hint at it's final evolution perhaps?

OOoohohooh, Torracat looks awesome!
It's making me even sadder it will probably evolve into that bipedal wrestler, oh I want a quadrupedal fire cat so bad. qnq

Just to deviate the topic from the starters just wanna ask since we now have a clue about where we meet sophacles can anybody put him in the map and confirm if like the 3 other trial captains he is in the akala island as well?

Back
Top Bottom