• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Man it's gonna kill me to wait so long to get the demo. I'm so excited to test it out though!

Plus I'll be getting ash-greninja and sending that baby straight into wonder trade. Assuming it's still in the game. But Gamefreak isn't stupid enough to get rid of such a wonderful feature.

Ash-Greninja....................

Well now, I think I know who my water Pokemon will be in Sun and Moon.

I can't believe Rowlett became Miles Edgeworth though. Gumshoos better be ready for those salary cuts.

BP exchange for Mega Stones confirmed:

4.jpg

• The starter evos are pretty weak, but better than Kalos's mid evos. I hate how the Fire and Water starters didn't get a secondary typing, seemingly just because they don't want to spoil their final evos. Plus it would have put them on equal footing with Rowlet's line.
  • Dartrix has great expressions, and I'm glad he's not a generic orb like Rowlet, but I don't care for it. I do like the site's explanation of it: it's edgelord-bait, but it's actually a huge dork.
  • Torracat is just Litten, but bigger. Makes sense, but it's still very dull. The site's description makes it out to be a huge jerk, which makes me love it. I was already going to name it after my old cat, but now their personalities match up!
  • Brionne is the design only one I like; they fixed a lot of what I hated about Pooplio (large nose, the color scheme, the weird head, just being an ugly little fucker all-around) and improved on the design. The only thing I dislike are the bubble ears. The site makes it so interesting, too; it retains the clown traits by hiding its sadness behind a smile.
  • Mega Evolution got highlighted, which gives me hope for new ones. I'm thinking Sina and Dexio tell us about it in the main game, so we can get it before the story ends.
  • No Alolan variations this time. I honestly don't care - they've been getting a lot of fanfare already, and I was getting bored with them. I hope we see more down the line, though; the infamous Alolan Persian is just waiting around the corner.
  • I didn't really like the concept of Z-Forms people have been theorizing about (they seemed like the poor man's Mega Evolution to me), so making Ash-Greninja an ability is more interesting to me. I like how it only changes form by fainting an enemy, though; it seems like a dumb trigger. Regardless, I can't wait to get the demo, use this guy, and box him forever in my main game.
  • EDIT: Shit, fuck. Z-Forms could still be a thing, even if Ass-Greninja isn't one of them.
  • Poke-Pelago. Daaamn this game has a lot of content. This seems like something I'd get bored with easily, but it's great having DigiFarms/Farm Islands.
  • Join Avenue is back, but under a different coat of paint. As an avid worshiper of all things Gen V, I love this. It was so much fun. And it looks like this is how we get Festival Coins. Awesome, I was worried we'd only get them through some convoluted and dull system.
  • "Festival Plaza Owner Captain Sophocles" a mouthful. But I'm glad he has a role outside of being a Trial Captain, which gives me hope that they'll all be fleshed out. I don't mean to shit on XY again, but XY made me worry when they reduced the roles of the Gym Leaders.
Leak talk
If Litten wasn't a cat/tiger and I didn't dislike Pooplio's final evo, I'd use Brionne. Its looks and personality are great.

Last edited:
*not looking at other replies right now*
This is the reveal we've long been waiting for, at last the Mega debate is over! I guess that means somehow the Z ring does hold a key stone, but I'm not certain. Ash Greninja revealed to be activated by a third ability, although that makes the principles behind Megas and Z Moves rather inconsistent. Not to mention it means it can hold items. (think Mega Rayquaza)

The description of the starters seem to indicate they are going to become what the rumored concepts showed us, but they may have been redesigned in some manner. It's not completely certain. (I do not wish to debate over this. This will be the only comment I make on this matter.) As for choosing one of them, these middle forms have warmed me up to the idea of the others somewhat, but Litten, no, I refuse to take ANYTHING that even REMOTELY recalls the Fire/Fighting combo.

They turned the PSS into the new Join Avenue, and there's now a special set of islands to send pokemon in your PC to. I was long wondering what the source of Poke Beans would be. I did not expect it to be this. You can mine for items and grow berries this way, too. It's an interesting idea, but I don't like that it requires pokemon in the PC. My style has greatly diminished my need to have a lot of pokemon in storage, nor do I believe in catching pokemon for no reason. I will need better details to make a plan for that.

I mean, the same could be said about Moxie's activation, even if it was only a stat boost. In any case...
Yeah, Moxie is just a stat-boost, so it's not as big a deal. It's all about getting the ball rolling.

With Ash-Greninja, it seems a little weird. Especially since Ash didn't need to faint a Pokemon before unlocking the ability. I know the anime doesn't always have follow the games, but I prefer how they handled it. Plus it'd be hilarious to faint Greninja before it even has the chance to awaken its form.

With Ash-Greninja, it seems a little weird. Especially since Ash didn't need to faint a Pokemon before unlocking the ability. I know the anime doesn't always have follow the games, but I prefer how they handled it. Plus it'd be hilarious to faint Greninja before it even has the chance to unlock its form.
Eh, it wouldn't exactly translate well into the games if they did how anime did it. In the anime it occurs randomly after Ash and Greninja get heated up and then the transformation occurs. A random transformation in the games wouldn't be ideal. Knowing that you will transform once you defeat a single opponent is much safer.

Ahh oh my gosh I knew it would be today! I'm so glad I set my alarm for earlier to watch this trailer and have time to think about it before I go to classes!

I am loving these new features this game is providing, and the festivals just works for me. I didn't look too much into it, because of the other news we received, but it's a great way to earn festival coins, and that way I can buy more clothes XD

Isle Aphun is such a cool idea too. Yeah it does make it easier to find certain items, but when there are 700+ Pokemon in the Pokedex, with more than one of them needing these certain rare items to evolve, and you have already collected the one in the region, it's annoying to have to do the inverse battles till you get one. Yes, it will probably take a few goes, but it's a great way to get those certain stones. I bet they might make a few more Pokemon that need to evolve with one of them since they have this new system now.

I am glad to see Megas are back! While it hasn't been confirmed whether or not we are getting new ones, at least we'll be able to evolve our old ones. Here that Birthday? You can still become a happy little Mega Ampharos. I hope we'll at least see a few new ones in the Post-game, but that's okay if we don't, since we already have so much with these new games.

Yes, a demo version to tide me over till the games come out. I'm getting the demo as soon as possible! And we can get our own Ash-Greninja from it, so that's really cool! I wonder if that confirms we might be able to battle bond with certain other Pokemon.

And finally, the starter mid-evos. I've had the trailer playing while I've been writing this, and every time I look at them I love them even more.

My initial thoughts on Dartrix was that it looked really derby, but it really didn't take me long to warm up to the design. It looks so, gentlemanly, and the expressions it makes in the new amie are adorable!

Brionne is a little hula girl and it's so cute and I just want one! I just love when it turns around and does a little pose when it lets out an attack. I really love it! It's design is absolutely spectacular too. I love how it turns a lighter shade of blue when it evolves from Brionne. I knew that little Popplio had potential all along.

Finally Torracat. My initial thoughts were "It's standing on four legs agh!!!!!!" Torracat is for sure my fav of the three. I just love the way it moves. His main pose while he waits to do an attack is absolutely great. Just everything about him. It took me a few hours to decide who I wanted based on the first evolutions when they came out in May. but it was instantaneous that Torracat was my fav this time around. So far, it looks like me and my little fire-cat are going to explore Alola together, and I can't wait till these games drop.

Last edited:
With Ash-Greninja, it seems a little weird. Especially since Ash didn't need to faint a Pokemon before unlocking the ability. I know the anime doesn't always have follow the games, but I prefer how they handled it. Plus it'd be hilarious to faint Greninja before it even has the chance to awaken its form.
With the moves it currently has, I will be honest - I think it'll be a struggle to try and use Ash-Greninja seriously, so IMO that's gonna happen a lot more often. If anything I guess that would serve a cathartic purpose for you so I don't think you'll be complaining about it anytime soon. I don't recall Moxie being uber powerful with most mons that had it...

I guess we can confirm that a battle facility exists, too. In any case, locking 'em behind BP... Oh buddy.

Yeah, that's an enormous amount of BP you have to build up in order to get all of them...

Eh, it wouldn't exactly translate well into the games if they did how anime did it. In the anime it occurs randomly after Ash and Greninja get heated up and then the transformation occurs. A random transformation in the games wouldn't be ideal. Knowing that you will transform once you defeat a single opponent is much safer.
The games tried to translate the feeling of you and Greninja synchronizing, but I'd prefer if they just had it transform at the start of a battle.

With the moves it currently has, I will be honest - I think it'll be a struggle to try and use Ash-Greninja seriously, so IMO that's gonna happen a lot more often. If anything I guess that would serve a cathartic purpose for you so I don't think you'll be complaining about it anytime soon. I don't recall Moxie being uber powerful with most mons that had it...
You know me so well :p I actually like Ash-Greninja as a concept, and I think we could see Ash-Greninja a bit - and even with Greninja's crappy bulk, it has the power to move fast, hit hard, and survive with Focus Sash. I just think the chance of it fucking up and dying before doing anything would be the funniest thing.

And little kids are going to be dying to use this guy online, not really knowing how to make a strategy for it. I suspect they'll be disappointed once ol' froggo gets Mach Punched by Conkeldurr and being the first Pokemon in the match to go down.

Well I like Dartrix enough, hardly going to kill the GRASS HYPE/OWL HYPE for me.

I don't think they're hiding ALL the Mega Stones in the battle facility. There may still be ones you can use in the main story or be found by some other means. Regardless, it seems fitting that this would be the fate of a lot of them anyway.

-Good god thankfully I was wrong! Loving Dartrix, its gonna allow me to not go for a regional bird, AND it allows me a spot for a water type, thankfully I am free of my water starter bonds, good god do I hate the Popplio line. Still not convinced on the leaks, I think some details will have changed.
-Mohn is Aarune's dad or some related family, right? He has the same clothes and blond, bushy eyebrows. Loving PokePelago, its a good hub for item hoarding, dex filling without going through battles, at least for the lower stages, and it can allow training a team without actually training one. Having a rotating roster for the story that you can train on the fly while boxed is all sorts of amazing. Gonna be a blast micromanaging it, and if island upgrades are visible, its gonna be like Join Avenue were its gonna be a timesink to just level up to have the best islands. Speaking of which...
Pokemon Plaza hngggggggghhhhhh. Its the PSS, Entralink, and Join Avenue all in one bundle. Trading, missions, shops and managing, and you even have a new currency that can be used to buy stuff online and offline. Kinda sucks that clothing is kinda an online feature now, bjt screw it, going online now has a major incentive.
-Megas being a postgame competitive feature is bullshit, absolute bullshit. Looks like you learn of it somewhere towards the end of the game, and the BP suggest its only bought in the battle facility(ies?). Honestly should be a mainstay feature with main game ties, not relegated to a battle mechanic. But something tells me come the next game(either a remake or SM sequel), this will change again, almost like a rotation of forefront and background. Or at least I hope so.
-The menu DOES have two pages, I was right when I made that thread. Looks loke the trainer case does have a stamp icon, and its not just for badges, which is interesting. Looks like Pokemon Plaza isn't the only place for onlone, there is a menu option for it, and it seems that PR vids or replay vids are also an option. Also the + symbol suggests that it can be edited, which likely means that menu optipns beyond the core 6 can be whatever you feel like is needed.
-I think that each gen indeed is getting a feature, big or small, in the games. What it seems like to me is:
Gen 1 and 2 have Pokemon Snap like minigame and Stadium style rental battles
Gen 3 has ???
Gen 4 likely has the Honey Trees and the WiFi Plaza
Gen 5 has the Join Avenue and Entralink Hybrid
Gen 6 has the Pokemon Amie update and Riding
I wouldn't put the Pelago as an udpated Secret Base feature just yet, so I am thinking maybe it really is the frontier returning. That alone would make it a great fucking feature list tbqh, everything major except habitats and the PWT is missing, Pokeathlon and the Pokestar Studios would be way too hard to implement and offer way too much in game to return.
-Gen 6 keeps on digging its "I was a mistake hole even fucking deeper." I like megas but god damn it, their post game relegation, each major feature of XY being paltry shadows of their SM incarnations, and everything and anything that made gen 5 so good is spiritually returning to the series, from the music to the gameplay, its like GF doesn't care or appreciate what they did over the last 3 years. And I am glad for that, so far this is gen 6 the way it should have been done, the gen 6 I was waiting for after the god tier, greatest experience ever that was B2W2. I NEED IT NOW.

I... think you may just be seeing what you want to see here. I doubt any of this would have been possible without the work that the last three years turned in to set the table.
Sure gen 6 was needed, groundwork and all that jazz, but at the very least compared to DP the ground it was on was way more shaky. DP was the same nightmare as XY, but that got platinum, but it still was veery much a continuation to what RSE offered and did for the series. XY was way too disjointed compared to Gen 5, which at the time was and kinda still is considered a new starting point for the series to build on. XY cut the momentum felt in those years, and that feeling has slowly been crawling back over the last few months, starting from the revelation that its level scaling returns. It was the gen that did little in terms of revolutions, but its evolution was stagnated come 2013.

SM Demo is double the size of ORAS', probably gonna be a bit longer too. I hope for the love of god they smartened up and trimmed it down to the neccessaries, cause if a dataminr reveals stuff over a month early its gonna be a bloodbath.

I'd disagree about XY doing little for changing the series, Fairies and Mega Evolutions have been some of the biggest shake ups since around Gen III's EV/IV haul and Gen IV's Physical/Special Split. If anything, Gen V revolutionised the series the less, as a lot of its features were inconsequential, self contained, or barley utilised. It was also the noticeable decline of side activities and battle facilities Imo.

Back
Top Bottom