• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

At first I thought Torracat was another Combusken/Dewott/Quilladin that looks way too much like the first form and barely like final, but the transition is actually there if you line them all up. Dartrix becoming an emo is dumb, but I kind of like it otherwise. Brionne's official artwork is horrendous, but its design isn't too bad if you look past that. It's easily my least favourite of the three, yet it just makes me feel more likely to pick Popplio for some reason.

At first I thought Torracat was another Combusken/Dewott/Quilladin that looks way too much like the first form and barely like final, but the transition is actually there if you line them all up. Dartrix becoming an emo is dumb, but I kind of like it otherwise. Brionne's official artwork is horrendous, but its design isn't too bad if you look past that. It's easily my least favourite of the three, yet it just makes me feel more likely to pick Popplio for some reason.
Aw, come on. Brionne is adorable!! Although i'm not really feeling the bubble ears

Y'know, whenever trailer have been released, I've always been night shift at work before that. And I always wake up just in time to see the trailers, like my body knows it's time. :D So I figure I may as well post my thoughts.

For the starters, I wasn't really into Dartrix's design at first. Didn't like the hair thing it's got going on, and I honestly still don't. But the description of it made things better. Torracat is just... Litten. Slightly bigger. Even then, I think I like its middle stage the most. And Brionne is really cute. I love its animations.

The Plaza looks great, the Pelago looks great. Everything just looks great. I can easily see myself getting lost in the Pelago Isles, just messing around, forgetting about my world-saving quest. I love it all.

Sure gen 6 was needed, groundwork and all that jazz, but at the very least compared to DP the ground it was on was way more shaky. DP was the same nightmare as XY, but that got platinum, but it still was veery much a continuation to what RSE offered and did for the series. XY was way too disjointed compared to Gen 5, which at the time was and kinda still is considered a new starting point for the series to build on. XY cut the momentum felt in those years, and that feeling has slowly been crawling back over the last few months, starting from the revelation that its level scaling returns. It was the gen that did little in terms of revolutions, but its evolution was stagnated come 2013.

3D graphics, Fairy type, Mega Evolutions, Amie, Super Training, PSS. All pretty big additions or improvements for the series. And customization, despite its absence in ORAS. How many of those things feature in SM, and what would SM look like without them? Take Poké Ride out, too.

I don't think it's really an equivalent exchange where you can look at how they did it previously and say, "Oh but they didn't do it bigger and better this time!" Gen III > Gen IV was a different ballgame from Gen V > Gen VI so of course they aren't going to progress or advance in the same way.

And anyway, sometimes you've got to take a small step back to take a bigger step forward.

Last edited:
Aw, come on. Brionne is adorable!! Although i'm not really feeling the bubble ears

I didn't say I hated Brionne, just that the official artwork is god awful. It looks decent in battle and Pokemon-amie. Hell, I even said I'm leaning more towards Popplio and the mermaid idol evo now.

So we got starter evolutions huh? I am starting to think the Popplio line is a bit too feminine so I probably stick to Rowlet and maybe Litten for the games. I just hope Ash-Greninja is only obtained by transfering by demo because I don't need that in the games. Mega evolution is confirmed but no sign of new ones. Poke Pelago seems interesting. Festival Plaza looks okay I guess.

So the only downside was that Ash-Greninja exists in the main series games. The rest was good.

Do you guys think that, after it transforms, Ash-Greninja's ability will change to Dry Skin?

They'll do that, and they'll introduce Alain-Mega Charizard X, which has a +200 BST instead of +100 and has an Ability that increases its Attack and Special Attack by two stages whenever it knocks out an opponent. :cool:

everything and anything that made gen 5 so good is spiritually returning to the series, from the music to the gameplay
I beg to differ for the sake of noting that you didn't provide a list as to why that's the case.
They'll do that, and they'll introduce Alain-Mega Charizard X, which has a +200 BST instead of +100 and has an Ability that increases its Attack and Special Attack by two stages whenever it knocks out an opponent. :cool:
For whatever reason, the first thing that came to mind was to name that ability after Hugo from B2W2. I dunno, every time I see Alain mentioned I always hear "I'm about to unleash my rage!" in my head.

Back
Top Bottom