• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Wow, that video had a lot.

Torracat-My favorite of the three. Looks awesome and thankfully still quadruped. Hoping the evolution remains the same, but if not, I'll be fine leaving it in this form if I go with Litten.

Dartrix-Meh,not much to say. I didn't care much for Rowlet and I don't really like this thing either.

Brionne-Really disappointed with this one. Popplio was my favorite of the three and Brionne is not what I would have hoped for as an evolution. As a Pokemon on its own, its fine it guess, but not as Popplio's second stage. I hate how the frilled collar turned into a dress and the overly girly in game model animations. It just looks like such a weird transition. Hoping that final evolution will look better. Otherwise I'll just leave Popplio unevolved if I choose it.

Really kind of hoping for split final evolution forms now.

Festival Plaza-Looks really fun. And it's nice to see where we earn Festival Coins now.

Poke Pelago- Looks interesting. It's nice to think of Pokemon in the PC going into their own little world.

Demo and Ash Greninja- Nice to have a confirmed demo. I'm just surprised that Ash-Greninja kept the name from the anime.

Here's a little bombshell. Brionne's name may derive from Brio( vivacity of style or performance) and undine,a type of water nymph.....or mermaid. A little foreshadowing perhaps?

It already has though. Making your own base is fine, but without visiting others through streetpass or chaining friends through forums is never going to make it worthwhile.
You can still make your own Secret Base offline, so they are not a completely online feature.

And more importantly, you just need to streetpass for Secret Bases ONCE. They are NEVER gonna disappear from your game after you fill it with Secret Bases the first time. While if the SM Plaza is completely online dependant, and depends of Nintendo´s SM support, which is going to disappear when Gen VII ends, it is not really the same case as Secret Bases.Thanks to QR Codes, Game Freak made sure we could always fill our game with Secret Bases, not only during the first few years of the game´s existence. We don´t know if that is the case with SM Festival activities (I hope they do ensure festivals don´t remain deserted and unusable after a few years, but it is just the current info we have).

Also, no, HMs and Poke Ride is a mechanic, not content! Both serve as a "vessle" to reach certain blocked areas, but that doesn´t make them "content".

But whatever, just keep your opinion, and keep thinking I am the biased one lol. I will keep my opinion as well.

Last edited:
I am glad that Rowlet would still have Grass/Flying in it's first evolution. I am confident that it would stay that way when the final evolution is revealed. As for content, the only games that have the most content so far has been B2W2. SM might not have much since they are first paired games but DP had a bit of content so it is undecided yet for SM.

I'd rather not argue new features that have been lightly touched upon vs existing ones as we've yet to have the games in our hands to see how they stack up (as if that should matter) but hey, Join Ave is back and better than ever in some forms. Also explains the whole festival point stuff noted some time back.

...And we got the second forms. What am I looking at here? That said, snoot-trix has my attention and Brionne's official art looks nice.

After wasting so much time hijacking the games with them, it would be incredibly annoying if Mega Evolution is being treated as an after thought. So many monsters deserving at their own chance of overwhelming power... BUT if Alolan Variants go to more than just Kanto (Can I see an Alolan Milotic and Lilligant GF? *hint-hint* you'd just be doing tickling my fancy if an Alolan Meinshao exists) I suppose I can let bygones be on both fronts...

I hear you have to buy mega stones through BP. Not too thrilled about it to be honest. Don't want to spend time collecting enough points for each mega stone. I rather just buy them with money like in ORAS and XY.

I hear you have to buy mega stones through BP. Not too thrilled about it to be honest. Don't want to spend time collecting enough points for each mega stone. I rather just buy them with money like in ORAS and XY.

It's possible it might just be for some of them. It might also be like with a lot of evo. items, being a way to get more of them than just the first one you find.

It's possible it might just be for some of them. It might also be like with a lot of evo. items, being a way to get more of them than just the first one you find.

The official site says:

> "The Mega Stones for Pokémon that appear in the Alola region may be received from people in the game or obtained from special shops."

And we already know that you receive an Alakazite from Sina and Dexio. So you won't have to buy all of them with BP, but I am expecting that you will for a lot of them.

So yeah so far:
SM
1. Battle Royal
2. Pokemon Ride
3. Pokemon Amie
4. Poke Pelago
5. Rotom Dex(as PokeFinder is actually a feature of it, much like Mirage Spots of Soaring)
6. Festival Plaza

ORAS
1. Soaring&HMs
2. PokeNav+
3. Contests
4. Battle Maison
5. Secret Bases
6. Battle Institute
7. Battle Court
So, to pretend that SM has as much content as ORAS, you counted DexNav, BuzzNav, AreaNav, Trainer´s Eyes, Amie and Super Training as ONE SINGLE FEATURE! Great.

... And yet I am the biased one ;)

Whatever, this´s going off topic, keep believing in your own truth and peace!

Last edited:
Yeah I know, I was just joking because we all keep expecting it to be revealed and it never is, just like Trevenant.
You think the next updates are just going to knockout the evolutions for pokemon we already have such as pikipek, cutiefly,etc. Maybe some more kahunas, or trial captains or something. Maybe there's 4 trial captains each island making a total of 16!

So that rancher guy, Mohn? Notice his eye and hair colour? His name is also apparently German for 'poppy', meaning he's another character named after flowers, which we were hinted would be important.

You think the next updates are just going to knockout the evolutions for pokemon we already have such as pikipek, cutiefly,etc. Maybe some more kahunas, or trial captains or something. Maybe there's 4 trial captains each island making a total of 16!

Could be. I want to say we won't get more features announced but they keep showing and more so I wouldn't be surprised if there's even more for features left to announce! :D

So that rancher guy, Mohn? Notice his eye and hair colour? His name is also apparently German for 'poppy', meaning he's another character named after flowers, which we were hinted would be important.
Dude straight up looks like an older and fatter Aarune, wouldn't be surprised ifnthey are brothers or cousins.

Dude straight up looks like an older and fatter Aarune, wouldn't be surprised ifnthey are brothers or cousins.
After Alolan Oak, who knows?

I'm not certain though, Aarune's from Unova and not Kanto. :p

I was kinda hoping he'd be Lusamine, Gladion and Lillie's irrelevant older brother/father tbh, it'd be funny to have all three in the background like 'I'm the president of a foundation', 'I'm a high ranking member of a national crime organisation', 'I may or may not be a jellyfish' with Mohn just crying in the foreground with his irrelevance :p

It already has though. Making your own base is fine, but without visiting others through streetpass or chaining friends through forums is never going to make it worthwhile.
HM's are content, yes. When they offer a means for either further progression in the region, or a means to reach new areas for either otherwise unobtainable items or new Pokemon, yes. Pokemon Ride especially so as it so far snowballs old HM features(surf, rock smash, fly)with stuff like item finding, fast travel on land, and fishing. Its new gameplay content especially so if they expand it to having onoy certain Pokemon illuminate your path, and so on so forth. So yeah so far:
SM
1. Battle Royal
2. Pokemon Ride
3. Pokemon Amie
4. Poke Pelago
5. Rotom Dex(as PokeFinder is actually a feature of it, much like Mirage Spots of Soaring)
6. Festival Plaza

ORAS
1. Soaring&HMs
2. PokeNav+
3. Contests
4. Battle Maison
5. Secret Bases
6. Battle Institute
7. Battle Court

More or less on the same page, as the PokeNav has a lot of inbuilt stuff that is separated in , and league rematches are in every game, lets not get silly with what counts as a feature for longevity. And we still are a good month away, with features still likely being withhels
Why do we have to compare the games like this both are fine games (even though I haven't played Sm yet aince its not out, however it looks fine)

However I'll add my two cents

S&M
1. z moves
2. new pokemon
3. battle royal
4. pokemon amie like feature
5. customization
6. ultra beasts
7. pokemon snap feature
8. festival plazas
9. alolan forms

oras
1. soaring (soaring is seperate from mirage spots because its cool to get to fly above the region, mirage spots where like an extra safari zone)
2. contests
3. new megas
4. pokenav+
5. pokemon amie
6. mirage spots
7. delta episode
8. secret bases
9. primal reversion

Honestly the content of either game is fine and theres no need to compare them, if we really nit picked it we could find dozens of other bits of content I could add wonder trade for oras or new abilties for sm (through oras did add 3 new moves and abilities) I could put new characters for sun and moon and for oras as well as character redesigns we could literally nit pick this all day

Back
Top Bottom