• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Here's hoping for sure. I didn't even know XY had a demo... or was that just the E3 demo that you're talking about?

Yeah I meant the E3 one:p

I don't mind this point as much, though it does kinda bite. I guess their intention is that it's a temporary save sort of thing like the others were, with a placeholder name too (Orlando in Oras, for example).

Oh god I forgot about the name, being called Orlando all game long was just horrible haha

I'm not sure why people are so against designs of Pokémon that look either too masculine or too feminine.

The Pokémon do not give into gender normalities and social constructs, so why should any of you?

This is a fictional world. This is a world where a male Machamp has big muscles, and female Machamp have large muscles. This is a world where a Female Gardevoir has a body that is shaped to resemble a dress, and a male Gardevoir that has a body that is shaped to resemble a dress. This is Pokémon. Masculinity and femininity doesn't exist with Pokémon, they are as they are.

Therefore, there is no reason why anybody needs to get upset because Pokémon look a certain way. Who cares? Either like the design or get over it and move on.

Honestly, I'm mystified as to why the people getting up in arms about this are choosing to do so now. It's not as if this is anything new.

I also feel like people need to get past their insecurities and accept that, ultimately, something looking "feminine" isn't bad or wrong, and that it's pretty restrictive to say that people of a certain gender "should" look a certain way, but people have already tackled that argument before me. A lot of gender-related stuff is socially constructed anyway, so it's completely ridiculous to say that something should be male or female simply because its appearance is coded as "masculine" or "feminine". The game does let us know if a Pokemon is male or female... by showing us the little symbol next to its name.

For example, think of RL animals. If I say "angler fish", for instance, you'll probably think of a badass-looking fish with too many teeth. That's stereotypically masculine... but angler fish with those characteristics are all female. (The males are smaller and less intimidating.) On the flip side, there's a lot of different kinds of birds where the male has showy, colorful plumage while the female is more plain. The sexual dimorphism we do see in Pokemon usually tends to be pretty realistic wrt how animals look in the real world as well: it's things like slightly different markings, certain parts of the body being larger and smaller, or so on. None of this follows what humans have coded as masculine or feminine. (Unless you're Wobbuffet, but Wobbuffet is a joke character.)

TL;DR: I'm totally gonna rock that male Brionne

I am glad that we saw new features. I didn't think that we'd be seeing two new features. So that was a nice bonus. :)

Was something supposed to happen on the 8th, or am I remembering that wrong again?

Was something supposed to happen on the 8th, or am I remembering that wrong again?

Maybe yo're thinking about the 18th when the demo will drop. Other wise we're waiting for the 14th and the CoroCoro leaks lol

In case anyone didn't notice, Nintendo UK posted a trailer. It's the same trailer as the Japanese trailer (with the CGI Legends and bits of gameplay/dialog set to good music). While it doesn't show anything significantly new (except for a few new Z-Move names: Never-Ending Nightmare and All-Out Pummeling), it is nice to see a translated version of that trailer. Plus I love watching the CGI Legends, as they're so breathtaking in that style. Just thought I'd mention it.

EDIT: I did forget to mention something. A new Trail Captain name was also dropped during the trailer: Ilima. So it looks like we know of five Trial Captains now (though we didn't see Ilima in the flesh, so we don't know if it's a he/she or what type he/she specializes in).

Last edited:

View: https://youtu.be/fL6QuYi3rpo

Heads up, Nintendo's UK youtube channel just uploaded the Japanese trailer we got a while back, revealing new information - a new trial captain + the name of some Z moves I believe (sorry, I'm in class!).

New trial captain:

BrCWoNl

Yup Ilima is the new Trial Captain while Never-Ending Nightmare and All-Out Pummeling are the Ghost and Fighting Z-moves respectively.

Edit: Ilima is a plant native to Hawaii and it represents the island flower of O'ahu. They're also used to make lei. Since Comfey (the lei Pokemon) is a Fairy-type I'm assuming Ilima might be the Fairy-type Captain.

Last edited:
I've also heard speculation that Ilima could be a ground-type trial captain since the Ilima flower can be found on beaches.

I will have a problem if the Rowlet line doesnt get Sonic boom and if Poplios line dont gets Perish Song.
Even Hyper Voice should be given (This move also should be given Meganium)

I will have a problem if the Rowlet line doesnt get Sonic boom and if Poplios line dont gets Perish Song.
Even Hyper Voice should be given (This move also should be given Meganium)

What do Sonic Boom and Hyper Voice have to do with Rowlet and Meganium?

They're still hiding even the name of the other 2 character revealed in the Japanese trailer: Lychee (ライチ) and Burnett (バーネット). Now I'm more and more curious about them.
Ugh, what's with the marketing team for this game. They really do a great job hyping things up!

What do Sonic Boom and Hyper Voice have to do with Rowlet and Meganium?
Rowlet is said to be faster then sound thats why sonic boom.
Maganium learns Echoed Voice , Growl, it would be cool if it would get something better like that or even Boomburst.
Taking its low attack and sp. attack.
The same would go for a Siren pokemon, that should be able to learn many sound based moves including Perish Song.

View: https://youtu.be/fL6QuYi3rpo

Heads up, Nintendo's UK youtube channel just uploaded the Japanese trailer we got a while back, revealing new information - a new trial captain + the name of some Z moves I believe (sorry, I'm in class!).

Does anyone else just LOVE listening to that trailer music. It keeps popping into my head all the time, it's so good.

What will oct 14th will show i dont belive it will be the starters final evoutlion since the middle evoultion was just shown

so im guessing we will see pusdeo evolutions

Back
Top Bottom