• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

What will oct 14th will show i dont belive it will be the starters final evoutlion since the middle evoultion was just shown

so im guessing we will see pusdeo evolutions
Or maybe it will focus on the stuff that the UK nintendo trailer showed. Like the ghost type and fighting type z-moves. They just showed us the names, we didn't get to see them in action.

Also, they might show us the new trial captain Ilima. It'd be interesting to see what she specializes in, although there's speculation on here that she could be the fairy-type trial captain

Does anyone else just LOVE listening to that trailer music. It keeps popping into my head all the time, it's so good.

I hope this tune is in the games somewhere and not just being trailer music, it's awesome! I'm not sure where it would play though, credits?

I hope this tune is in the games somewhere and not just being trailer music, it's awesome! I'm not sure where it would play though, credits?

I mean, it's a great fit, but I'd hate it if they blew the debut of such awesome credits music in a trailer. :p

I think I'd prefer for it to be the music for an opening cinematic.

Last edited:

I agree with Esserise, it definitely makes most sense as the music for the opening cinematic. To me it seems more like "Your journey is ahead of you" kind of music than "You're at the end".

It hypes me up a lot when I hear it so it makes sense to start out with it to get players fired up.

So I thought the trailer was pretty awesome. We got some really nice information about what's in the game again.

I already know that I will be spending a lot of time visiting the Festival Plaza and the Poké Pelago. In fact I'm pretty certain that I will be going there on purpose just to waste time, lol.

I will say that it took me quite a long time to get into the Super Training feature in my ORAS game. But once I made the decision to really try and commit to it, and see how it worked, and how I could control where the base stats fell for my Pokés, I really started to like it a lot. I have to wonder if Super Training will still be available at all or if it's going to be completely replaced by certain Festival Plaza shops.

For me, Dartrix resembles Matt Smith's 11th Dr. (We're big Dr. Who fans in my family)
I'm still not terribly fond of Torracat.
I didn't really understand why Brionne was in a 1920's style flapper dress until I went to the Pokémon SuMo site and read its description. Now I have this headcanon that when they gather in the evening to dance they're singing jazz style music and doing The Charleston, lol.:ROFLMAO:

As someone who is a fan of the anime as well as the games, I'm totally okay with receiving Ash-Greninja even though I don't plan on using it for playthrough. I do have to agree that it just seems kinda weird that they're giving it to us. I mean, I'm not expecting Ash-Greninja to have any kind of a relevant role in the games really, so it honestly doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense. Unless I'm completely wrong and something is going to happen to require us to use Ash-Greninja specifically for the reason of its Bond Phenomenon ability.

Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to more news on the 14th! So much hype!!

I agree with Esserise, it definitely makes most sense as the music for the opening cinematic. To me it seems more like "Your journey is ahead of you" kind of music than "You're at the end".

It hypes me up a lot when I hear it so it makes sense to start out with it to get players fired up.

Oh man, I had forgotten all about the opening. Yeah, that definitely fits better! I just thought credits by default since that's where you throw in all kinds of music, haha.

Yeah I was just thinking I'll be tempted to catch a lot more Pokemon because of Poke Pelago.

Usually I just catch whatever Pokemon I want (or think I want) for my team and ignore everything else until post-game but I guess this will be a good reason to throw around some more pokeballs.

Though it's going to be kinda annoying if I start getting attached to Pokemon in the PC box too. :p

Poke Pelago is a great way to train the Pokemon that you considered for your team, but didn't make the cut due to having two Fire-types on the team for example like Litten and Salandit.

When I think of Poke Pelago, i imagine my pokemon that I would bring from the bank (and I have a lot of pokemon there) hanging out at those islands. Even the pokemon I have with me in Alpha Sapphire, I have a lot of pokes there that could use some feeling that they aren't just there to rot for eternity and be trade fodder when I say so. Now that I'm thinking about it, I know I'm gonna catch/breed lots of Pokemon in Moon even before the Bank compatibility becomes available.

Man, I'm excited for this feature. Now I REALLY want Bank compatibility to come sooner.

I still imagine that we won't see anything really significant next week, though there will probably be something saying "Next news update on the 23rd" or something. It could just be a quick update on Corocoro news with Type Null. As usual, Pokenchi probably isn't going to show anything new and significant, so we'll probably have to wait until the last week or so of the month for anything big. By then though, dataminers probably will have gotten into the demo.

Just a heads-up, Serebii mentioned that Pokechi is going to do a segment and show some gameplay of Sun/Moon on the 16th. Knowing Pokechi and its track record, I wouldn't get super hyped about any new info, but gameplay footage is always something to look forward to. It also might have something to do with the news reveal on the 14th as well as Corocoro, but we'll see. Just FYI.

Just a heads-up, Serebii mentioned that Pokechi is going to do a segment and show some gameplay of Sun/Moon on the 16th. Knowing Pokechi and its track record, I wouldn't get super hyped about any new info, but gameplay footage is always something to look forward to. It also might have something to do with the news reveal on the 14th as well as Corocoro, but we'll see. Just FYI.
Don't concern yourself with Pokenchi, it'll probably just catch kids up on what's already known by most of us, as usual.

Sarcastic prediction: Type Null is reveal to have the ultimate form which gives it 1000 BST.
Serious prediction: Type Null may have an alternative form that is stronger than it's previous form. Normal form has about 560 BST while alternate form has about 600 BST.

Sarcastic prediction: Type Null is reveal to have the ultimate form which gives it 1000 BST.
Serious prediction: Type Null may have an alternative form that is stronger than it's previous form. Normal form has about 560 BST while alternate form has about 600 BST.
560 sounds too high for somefin that's probably intended to be about as strong as a regular pokemon, I'd guess anywhere within the range of 480 - 520. Non legends with ~550 BST aren't unheard of but they're damn rare.

you're seriously underestimating what its flavor text implies. "To complete a certain mission, there was need of a Pokémon powerful enough to rival those Pokémon often spoken of in mythology." If they wanted a pokemon with 600 bst they could just snag a hydreigon or metagross, I know you don't want to believe that there will be a pokemon with a BST that rivals arceus' (which I'm honestly anticipating), but even then there's no reason to be estimating less than like 670.

Last edited:
you're seriously underestimating what its flavor text implies. "To complete a certain mission, there was need of a Pokémon powerful enough to rival those Pokémon often spoken of in mythology." If they wanted a pokemon with 600 bst they could just snag a hydreigon or metagross, I know you don't want to believe that there will be a pokemon with a BST that rivals arceus' (which I'm honestly anticipating), but even then there's no reason to be estimating less than like 670.
We don't exactly know which Pokemon spoken of in mythology the text is referring to. The lower-tier Legendaries (e.g., Birds, Beasts, Titans, Swordsmen, etc.) only have 580 BST. The "certain mission" could refer to beating and capturing the four Guardian Deities given that it states that it was meant to rival "Pokemon often spoken of in mythology" and the Alolans definitely speak of their Guardian deities more than any other legends.

I'm betting they have a 580 BST given that they probably fall under the lower-tier "group of legendaries" archetype. That means Type: Null only has to have 580 BST to be considered a "rival" to them. There's also the fact that BST isn't everything and Type Null could realistically get away with 550 BST if it has an alternate form with an ability that gives it an advantage against legendaries. The website states this about its hidden ability:

"The mask fitted to Type: Null’s head is a piece of equipment designed to control its latent powers. It’s extremely heavy, so it also serves to hinder Type: Null’s agility."

The text implies that physically it should be faster, but hindering its latent abilities suggests something more than just a BST increase. It could be something as story-driven as negating the power of Legendary Pokemon given its name (e.g., Palkia and Dialga not being able to manipulate time and space) with no real battle mechanic, or it could be an ability that results in Legendary Pokemon's stats decreasing one stage when fighting against Type: Null. It doesn't need sky-high BST to content with legendaries.

We don't exactly know which Pokemon spoken of in mythology the text is referring to. The lower-tier Legendaries (e.g., Birds, Beasts, Titans, Swordsmen, etc.) only have 580 BST. The "certain mission" could refer to beating and capturing the four Guardian Deities given that it states that it was meant to rival "Pokemon often spoken of in mythology" and the Alolans definitely speak of their Guardian deities more than any other legends.

I'm betting they have a 580 BST given that they probably fall under the lower-tier "group of legendaries" archetype. That means Type: Null only has to have 580 BST to be considered a "rival" to them. There's also the fact that BST isn't everything and Type Null could realistically get away with 550 BST if it has an alternate form with an ability that gives it an advantage against legendaries. The website states this about its hidden ability:

"The mask fitted to Type: Null’s head is a piece of equipment designed to control its latent powers. It’s extremely heavy, so it also serves to hinder Type: Null’s agility."

The text implies that physically it should be faster, but hindering its latent abilities suggests something more than just a BST increase. It could be something as story-driven as negating the power of Legendary Pokemon given its name (e.g., Palkia and Dialga not being able to manipulate time and space) with no real battle mechanic, or it could be an ability that results in Legendary Pokemon's stats decreasing one stage when fighting against Type: Null. It doesn't need sky-high BST to content with legendaries.

sure, there's more legendaries than just mewtwo, rayquaza, etc, but I find it unlikely it was just made to rival the 580 BST tier or 600 BST tier. Those pokemon are spoken of highly, but to genetically engineer a mon just to combat them? It seems far fetched and kind of a lame thing to literally create your own pokemon for, and proceed to give a mask solely to contain its power. BST isn't everyfin, sure, but as far as legends go their status is indeed tied to their BST, and if a pokemon is said to rival them I'm going to assume it's using that criteria. You even have kyurem which has 660 BST (20 lower than zek/resh) to represent the fact that it is a mere shell left behind by them after they left its body, and that its power isn't quite on par with theirs. Plus the choice of the word "rivaled" over like "defeating" or "overcoming" suggests that it's not just designed to beat them, it's designed to be on par with them.

I'm not completely dismissing the possibility but I'm not seeing it as very likely. There's also the arceus mask which I think is more than just a general symbol of power, and I think it's very likely that null was designed to combat the creation trio or even arceus itself. But, again, maybe not...

I definitely think that the Pokemon often spoken of in mythology is Arceus. Type: Null's helmet even has the same shape and type as Arceus backplate. That can't be a coincidence.

If we were to get technical, I would have to say that Arceus isn't "often spoken of in mythology." In DPP, Cynthia is the first to find out about Giratina in a long while, and it is only after that that she reinterprets the cave painting in Celestic Town and theorizes that it could imply the existence of a Pokémon greater than Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. So clearly, Arceus is not something that's widely known about. Myths about it must be pretty obscure. Granted, some *do* exist, because the Hiker historian knows about Arceus, as do Johtoan descendants of the tribe who co-founded the Sinjoh Ruins, and during the Arceus event in HGSS, Cynthia mentions having found an old document that talks about Arceus and its creations. But yeah, these few myths probably aren't well known-about.

Additionally, Type: Null's page on the official site says, "To complete a certain mission, there was need of a Pokémon powerful enough to rival those Pokémon often spoken of in mythology."

"[T]hose Pokémon," being plural. So at any rate, it's not *just* alluding to Arceus. And of course, just because Type: Null's creators felt that it needed to have that kind of power, does not necessarily mean that they were completely successful in replicating it.

I feel like Type: Null is obviously meant to counter the island guardians, Solgaleo/Lunala, Marshadow, Zygarde, or any other legendary/mythical thrown in to Gen 7. It makes sense as they're actually relevant and Type: Null being tied to Arceus beyond design inspiration feels unlikely unless Sinnoh remakes come this Gen due to multiple reasons.

Back
Top Bottom