• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

I think any news we could be receiving on Type:Null now would be interesting, what's been stated about it so far had been pretty limited but still clear to some extent. I have no idea what the news could be, though. Plot relevance, probably, but I don't know if that's enough for a full Corocoro update. At least I hope so. I kinda wanna see some more Pokemon and characters.

Maybe the news is on some kind of mysterious dude with unknown ties to Type:Null, idk. We do have a lot of "mysterious" characters already, though, maybe it's something about Gladion.

(why did my phone want to correct that to "gladioli" just now lol)

Why are people thinking that Type:Null is supposed to 'counter' certain legendaries? The flavor text for it that we have, as I recall, says it only needs to be strong like them. Honestly I would say the reasonable implication is that Aether, not believing in the pretty mythical Pokémon, created their own real strong Pokémon to combat Ultra Beasts.

560 sounds too high for somefin that's probably intended to be about as strong as a regular pokemon, I'd guess anywhere within the range of 480 - 520. Non legends with ~550 BST aren't unheard of but they're damn rare.

you're seriously underestimating what its flavor text implies. "To complete a certain mission, there was need of a Pokémon powerful enough to rival those Pokémon often spoken of in mythology." If they wanted a pokemon with 600 bst they could just snag a hydreigon or metagross, I know you don't want to believe that there will be a pokemon with a BST that rivals arceus' (which I'm honestly anticipating), but even then there's no reason to be estimating less than like 670.
Type Null will not be stronger than Arceus. No way is it going to be that powerful. 600 BST is the max that could have.

Why are people thinking that Type:Null is supposed to 'counter' certain legendaries? The flavor text for it that we have, as I recall, says it only needs to be strong like them. Honestly I would say the reasonable implication is that Aether, not believing in the pretty mythical Pokémon, created their own real strong Pokémon to combat Ultra Beasts.
While that is certainly possible, it's pretty clear from Type: Null's design that the myths of legendary Sinnoh Pokemon had an influence on them and the design of the Pokemon given that Type: Null has Arceus' ring around its neck. That can't be a coincidence, especially if you take the flavor text into consideration.

Type Null would probably be as strong as Slaking, Flygon or Archeops.

While that is certainly possible, it's pretty clear from Type: Null's design that the myths of legendary Sinnoh Pokemon had an influence on them and the design of the Pokemon given that Type: Null has Arceus' ring around its neck.
it's really not all that similar. they have a pike with jewel element somewhat in common, but that's about the end of it. that doesn't even consider the fact that there are notable differences anyways (re: Arceus's is a part of its body whereas Type:Null's is a part of a helmet; Type:Null's hinders its powers whereas Arceus's just seems like some design element that's there; Arceus has green "jewels" whereas Type:Null's appears to be more of a green design element since the same color is shared on other parts of the helmet; the pikes on Arceus are connected in twos whereas each pike on Type: Null is individual).

That can't be a coincidence, especially if you take the flavor text into consideration.
it can't be a coincidence because there's nothing there; it's just people looking for something. and for what it's worth, the flavor text that you're holding on to would imply multiple legendaries versus a single one and there would clearly be only one legendary influencing Type: Null's design in a very minor way (Arceus).

Okay, fine, I thought about it some more, and I suppose I might have gotten too wrapped up in my own theories and jumped the gun a little bit. Whatever. I still think it's fairly likely it will have around 680 BST and I certainly hope it does, way more interesting.

it's ugly anyway

Last edited:
Arceus's ring was used to control Dialga and Palkia. Now it's being used to hinder Type: Null. So it's safe to assume that the ring is also controlling Arceus.

Arceus's ring was used to control Dialga and Palkia.
Except it wasn't...not even close.

I definitely think that the Pokemon often spoken of in mythology is Arceus. Type: Null's helmet even has the same shape and type as Arceus backplate. That can't be a coincidence.

Except its not the same shape. The spikes on Arceus' rings are connected to each other, whereas none of the spikes on Type: Null's is connected, so it could honestly be a coincidence.

Last edited:
Did you even look at that page?
Except we're talking about the games here, not the anime's interpretation of it. Nowhere in the games did it suggest the Red Chains were meant to mimic Arceus' ring, but were instead meant to mimic the Lake Guardian's power to suppress Dialga and Palkia (Plate's engravings: "Three beings were born to bind time and space.")

Renditions in other media don't depict it turning into Arceus' rings so I don't see why the anime gets prominence here other than to push a theory forward given that the game outright contradicts the statement I originally quoted.

The assumption that the ring somehow controls Arceus doesn't fit with the actual game lore since its the power of the Lake Trio (who Arceus created) that bind Palkia and Dialga. And as I stated in my above post, the shapes bare an incidental similarity, but they aren't the same, and I doubt they're made from the same material as the Red Chain given that they were made from the Lake Guardian's powers.

Last edited:
So, random tidbit of the day:
New 'Sun & Moon' Set Stats, TCG Hints at No New Mega Evos and Lower Number of Alola Pokemon - PokéBeach / Pokémon TCG, games, and anime news!
The TCG is always a great source of fortunetelling, like how earlier this year the season themes were quite telling that somewhere after September a game was definitely coming. Probably not going to be Kalos' 72 Pokemon, but its definitely going to be low from what we can guess.

I'm not trying to get anyone's hopes up and I am personally suspecting a number around ~85-90, but is it possible the lower number of Alola Pokémon cards could be an attempt to bank in on it being the 20th anniversary and thus add in some past gen Pokémon?

I'm not trying to get anyone's hopes up and I am personally suspecting a number around ~85-90, but is it possible the lower number of Alola Pokémon cards could be an attempt to bank in on it being the 20th anniversary and thus add in some past gen Pokémon?
The last set of Gen 6 is called Generations and has a shit ton of reprints from the first base set of the TCG ever, so the nostalgia cards were already played.

The last set of Gen 6 is called Generations and has a shit ton of reprints from the first base set of the TCG ever, so the nostalgia cards were already played.

Yeah but that's less 'celebrate the franchise' and more 'celebrate the beginning'.

And outside of generations, when has this not been the case?

Just suggesting an idea '~'

And for one, Pokémon Generations and the initial Pokémon Sun and Moon trailer tbh. Pokémon Generations has had 3 episodes for Kanto and Johto (2 if you don't count the 1st as Kanto), meaning that Kanto is either having equal or even less focus than other Gens.

Thats what I mean, generations is the only thing this year so far that isn't a gen 1 party, and outside of maybe a couple of cameos neither is SM going to be much outside of gen 1 stuff.

I've Got It!
Type:Null is a PRE-volution to Arceus! Its Arceus without a plate, so Null Type Arceus!
And you have to give it ALL the plates (One after the other) to evolve it!
"It All Comes Together!" XD

I'm kidding, of course.

Back
Top Bottom