• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Gotta wonder what the point of the cafe is.

Seems kind of pointless to me. :|

A lot of the early opinions say you head home each night. What if you have to keep drinking coffee so you can stay out longer during the early stage of the game?

Later on it becomes like a food item shop.

A lot of the early opinions say you head home each night. What if you have to keep drinking coffee so you can stay out longer during the early stage of the game?

That sounds like a horrible game mechanic. >_> Who would think that's a good idea. Hopefully it's just a treat-for-pokemon shop or something.

I rather not be forced back home in the game. Our characters should be free to go home when ever we feel like it.

I really hope the player character doesn't suddenly require sleep. What if I want to play the game but it's 3am in Moon?

New Coro coro leaks.
Can Anyone translate what it says about the braclet that seems to sync with the DS?

I really hope the player character doesn't suddenly require sleep. What if I want to play the game but it's 3am in Moon?

It seems pretty weird to me that we can wander around at night in Moon but apparently we'll have to go home during the day.

I think there's something wrong there.

Character needing sleep completely beats the point of being able to experience Alola at night.

Someone must have made some sort of mistake.

Yeah, out of all the things they have added to Sun and Moon, I really don't think they'll actualy have a true sleep mechanic. They do have certain beds (like the one in your Secret Base in ORAS, or the one on the ship that goes from Olivine City to Vermillion City in Pokemon GSC, and HGSS) that allow you to take a quick rest and it will restore your Pokemon's health. I do not see the games going much beyond that. I don't need sleep! I'm a Pokemon Trainer not a normal person (and here I am, a normal person, who's still up till 5:00am).

In yokai watch or maybe in other games too (though some don't use the internal DS clock), you have the option to sleep.. There are also events that happen at night and even when you sleep. Also, when the PC runs a lot, they get slow and get tired too, and catches breath to run again. I find it interesting and realistic.

Maybe we can see something similar in this gen, due to the rising competition. Especially in Moon.. Maybe the players can choose to drink coffee? I'd really love it, having pre-ordered moon and being a coffee lover:LOL:

Pokemon Refresh having an option to open after battle is amazing. One thing I always do on my first playthrough of thr games is have a team consisisting of the starter and my top 5 new Pokemon, and having this to bond with them even more is sucha monumental change. Its literally what Amie should have been from the start. As for the game having a much bigger story presence, this further enhances my belief and hopes that they finally give a damn about the single player. So good.

Jangarara is great, no idea why people hate it. Its lokely going to be the dragon bro of this gen, like Flygon and Haxorus. Better designs then the pseudolegends, bit weaker stats that are still fine enough for the story. Way happy with it. Silver D is freaking great, reinforces so much its Arceus ties with the Memory Disks and its color highlight changes.

But yeah those previews man. Said nothing vital, but they show that single player is getting much needed focus. Cutscenes, story elements to rival other JPRGs, actual day by day progression to further thr story, Pokemon Refresh after each battle to upkeep your team, first dungeon is a raid on a Yungoos lair, gen 5 exp scaling with gen 6 exp share, it sounds so great.

Character needing sleep completely beats the point of being able to experience Alola at night.

Someone must have made some sort of mistake.

Now that I think about it...maybe it's something like when you first start the game you're led through a lot of plot that involves you going home each night.

If I recall correctly it was said that you receive your starter the day after you first arrived. So going home each night is probably an initial story thing...probably not something that's going to last for the whole game.

I doubt it'll be that you're forced to go home, it'll just be part of the story.

From the Nintendo Insider preview:
The early events in Sun and Moon take place over several days, with the player returning home as night transitions to day.

It seems to just be the early events. It would be a pain if you always have to run back to where you left off last time each time you start your game, so I doubt they'd do that:p

Yeah, all it's saying is that the opening portion of the game is somewhat scripted - like, we go to choose our Starter, and then we head home and "sleep" (read: time-skip) to the next day. Remember how the official site said that certain scenes would be fixed to take place at either day or night rather than running on the 3DS clock? That's what this is talking about. It's just like the Dragonhark Altar scenes at the end of the Delta Episode.

From the Nintendo Insider preview:

It seems to just be the early events. It would be a pain if you always have to run back to where you left off last time each time you start your game, so I doubt they'd do that:p

I agree. I think that the first few of these big story-events will be timebased and sleeping 'in your own bed', but later on it will be of less importance.

From the official website:

"Some of the Pokémon that appear in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon are different. What's more, there’s a difference in the way time is set in the two games.

Except for a few scenes, time in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon is tied to the actual time. Pokémon Sunoperates on the same time as your Nintendo 3DS system, but time in the world of Pokémon Moon is shifted by 12 hours.

Some of the Pokémon that appear in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon are different—including Solgaleo and Lunala, which hold the key to the story. It seems that some of the Pokémon that appear as Totem Pokémon in the trials are also different."

...bolded the important part there. I think the beginning portion of the game might fall under that category.

Back
Top Bottom