• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

What time is the news launching again? In 15 minutes or is it still an hour away.

I get a bit mixed up with the times...

What time is the news launching again? In 15 minutes or is it still an hour away.

I get a bit mixed up with the times...
in about 13 min

-October 14th at 22:00 JST, which is 00:00 AEDT, 14:00 BST, 15:00 CEST, 09:00 EDT, 06:00 PDT

Bounsweet becomes another waifumon and stays pure Grass. Yawn. I like the middle form though, it's cute. But it's such a huge jump from Bounsweet -> middle form whose name I didn't bother to learn. I know it happens sometime, but it's weird.

EDIT: But honestly, with the generic waifumon look aside, it's boring. So many of us were hoping for a spicy Grass/Fire type dragonfruit. I would have loved something like that.

Alolan Muk is miiiiiiiles better than A-Grimer, though still kinda meh.

EDIT: WOW OLIVIA holy shit. Amazing. 100%. Wonderful. Incredible.

Last edited:
Eh, Bounsweet evolving twice is kind of unexpected for me.
Alolan Muk is better than Alolan Grimer, though I won't use it either way.

Also, nice to see another Kahuna.

Great trailer/s. Alolan Muk is certainly colourful.

Bounsweet & Cutiefly's evolutions were a nice surprise, too!

Nice that we're learning more about the captains & Kahunas.

Poor Tsarina is going to probably be one of those step on man's face with her heels in fanart. *sigh* She's beautiful. So I'm totally using her though.

Ribombee. That's annoying to say. Ribombee. Ribom-bee. Ri-Bomb-ee. Imma name you dynamite.

MUK IS BEAUTIFUL. ITS RAINBOWS. AND PRETTY AND RAINBOWS. POISON/DARK IS MY LIFE. MY PRECIOUS STANK BABY.

Olivia is so pretty. Except... heeled flip flops. What the fuck? I mean, I know you sales guys who hover over character designers and give idiotic input to make things APPEAL TO TEH GUYS but seriously she would have been JUST FINE without you telling them to clue some heels to those flip flops. Cheesus frickin Crumbs.

Ilima's gender is harder to tell than even Bugsy's. Doesn't phase me none. Male or Female I'd still give em a giant freaking hug.

Okay, before I post any other thoughts...
Can I say how ridiculous the localisation for the name Silvally is?
As for the rest of it...
  • Silvally's RKS System confirmed to have 17 Memory types matching every other type in function, so it really is a new version of Multitype!
  • Jangmo-o's family is looking pretty nice in motion!
  • Steenee I find cute. Tsareena I find... odd. I mean, aside from the waifumon status, the proportions of such a mon are much different from the usual from what I can tell. No doubt that artists have already gotten to work... In any case, its new ability if it evolves into Tsareena with Oblivious, Queenly Majesty, seems like a clone of Dazzling. Should be interesting to see whether or not it has differences.
  • Ribombee... Can't say much, really! I'll sit on this one.
  • Alolan Muk... It's like melting ice cream! Though obviously it's made of something more sinister...
And finally, the new trainers.
  • Olivia's covered in jewellery! Can't say I don't expect it for a character designed like she is, though I don't mean that to offend anyone...
  • Ilima's eyes look like they've seen a lot of Sylveon. I dunno what it is...
That covers my thoughts on the trailer!

THE RAINBOW MUK IS REAL ALRIGHT. AND THE COLORS MOVE! It's the most beautiful thing. ;o;

Also Silvally made me think of Silicon Valley. I laughed.

It also has the ability to be any type... just like Arceus! I already like it better than Arceus so. PRAISE SILVALLY. MY PRECIOUS FLUFF BABY. Let us stomp out Arceus.

Why doesn´t my Kommo-o look as awesome in-game as the Coro Coro one? Sigh...

I mean, I still like it a lot, and Kommo-o continues to be one of my all time favourites... but I am not sure about the elite group of TOP FAVOURITES, anymore... I dont know, he doesn´t look as cool from the front. I hoped his face would be a bit wider, and his head scales looked more like a part of his body in Coro Coro, and they look more like a wig in the video, which I don´t like tbh.

Still loving it though.

Everything else in the new footage is ok, I generally like this trailer, especially Alola Muk is hilarious :p

But my main focus was seeing Kommo-o in game, and I had slightly higher expectations. It reminds me of how I much prefer the Mega Charizard Y on the cover of PSMD, than the ingame model in XY. I get a similar vibe with Kommo-o in this regard, but eh...

Last edited:
I love most of the new Pokemon, especially Ribombee and Steenee...but Tsareena...not so much. I definitely think it looks a LOT better than Aromatisse. I don't hate it, but I don't really love it, either. I wonder if it'll be a stone based evolution? Kinda wanna keep Steenee.

me @ Ilima: ARE YOU A BOY OR A GIRL?

Jokes aside; wow do all those Corocoro mon look amazing in game, especially Silvally looks a lot better than I expected. They're much more animated than I expected.

To be completely honest, I'm probably gonna forget the Bounsweet family in like a week. I can barely remember the Lilligant and Cottonee families, another humanoid small Grass-type line is not going to remain clear in my head for too long.

Glad we finally got the Cutiefly evo. Now where's our Alolan Persian. I mean we freaking got Muk already what's the deal come on

Also, Olivia... daaaamn, girl. That is a woman who radiates confidence. You know a character is intimidating when it makes you lose your self-confidence just looking at them.

So it's confirmed that alolan grimer looks that way because it eats garbage...umm okay?

Also, alolan grimer and muk keep the toxins in their body, so they don't smell bad. Interesting

*watches trailer properly*

omg Olivia is so pretty :D I love her design!! Sign me up for her fan club!! And Ilmia is so cute :3 I love bookish characters :D

It also has the ability to be any type... just like Arceus! I already like it better than Arceus so. PRAISE SILVALLY. MY PRECIOUS FLUFF BABY. Let us stomp out Arceus.
08fafb1e93413a73bcb8350361656f4f.jpg

Tsareena is very well done. As mangosteen is known as the queen of the fruits. Ribombee is ok, it may be the first Pokemon to known Dazzling Gleam without TM. Wondering if Clanging Scales is physical or special. Alolan Muk is certainly interesting. Love the flashing colors. Olivia name is Lychee in Japanese I think (could be wrong).

Silvally is kind of a silly name, but who cares IT LOOKS AMAZING IN-GAME. Lord, this Pokemon. It's like a baby Arceus, I love it.

Back
Top Bottom