• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

@Princess Tiana According to Serebii, Parental Bond has been nerfed. The second hit is now down to 25% of the original damage. I still think it should be nerfed more, but it should at least slow down M-Kangaskan's usage once VGC's rules shift back later down the road.

Eh, I can sorta see a resemblance if I squint, but I'm not terribly sure if it's a reference to the monster. It's not as blatant as Sableye's resemblance to the Hopkinsville goblins, at least.

It's a lot more apparent if you take off the "pigtails" or at least shrink them. But yeah it's definitely far from Sableye levels. It's either an accidental resemblance or a very minor throw it in refrence.

I fucking hate whenever the pokemon gender topic comes up
@Princess Tiana According to Serebii, Parental Bond has been nerfed. The second hit is now down to 25% of the original damage. I still think it should be nerfed more, but it should at least slow down M-Kangaskan's usage once VGC's rules shift back later down the road.
I'm still surprised they actually did this

hopefully they nerf some other stupid shit too

Don't why they bothered decreasing Parental Bond. They already stopped mega evolution from being used in VGC.

Don't why they bothered decreasing Parental Bond. They already stopped mega evolution from being used in VGC.
It could be because this Mega ban is a one-time deal since they want to encourage the use of Z-Moves and Alola Forms instead. If Mega Evolution was allowed for VGC 17, there would be less people using Z-Moves.

At least, I think that's the reason. That just makes the most sense.

Because it'll be back by 2018, that's almost entirely a guarantee if we go by how previous VGC tournaments went. They're simply giving at least a year for the game's new mons and mechanics to shine before the competitive staples make their mark again.

decreasing Parental Bond.

- to see if fans would like the change
- to get re-baned in next instalments, that it could be used and accepted by smogon.

If people ban to fast new things then what will be with Z-moves?
come on, we will need to reban megaevolution to somehow compete with Z-moves probably.

Here's what I think of when discussing Pokemon gender:
Female%20Machoke,%20Male%20Gardevoir.jpg

Steenee is cute, she looks like a firendly Kirlia. She is a decent transition between the roundness of Bounsweet and the woman look of her evolution. Tsareena looks decent, but she has her own share of mistakes: She doesn't get a secondary type (by the way, this is our first non-starter 3 stage pure grass family, but I doubt someone asked for one), she doesn't look a lot like a queen, her colourscheme is the same as her preevo and she looks kinda small in game.

Alolan Muk looks surprisingly good, the way it changes colours in its animation is very creative and so is the idea to give it stones so he can use punch and bite moves. My favourite Alola form at the moment but still a far cry from being a team candidate, thanks to Grimer and his boring type.

This cold sucks, man.

I don't really mind that Tsareena may be "another waifumon" or whatever, both she and her pre-evolution look just fine to me. Steenee is adorable and I like Tsareena's high-class look. A dual-type Grass/Fairy might've been nice, but I don't know.. mono types need more love in general, and it's not a line I'm planning on catching myself, so I don't mind it too much.

Hakamo-o and Kommo-o.. it was nice seeing them in motion but I'm still not a huge fan of them. They look a bit odd to me, I can't really pinpoint on why exactly.. might be that they have a lot going on and their faces bug me a bit, haha. I DO like Kommo-o's tail though, that thing is Sceptile-level satisfying.

Also, Ribombee is ADORABLE. If the line ends there that would be totally fine by me.

I hold to choosing genders I see Pokémon as.
I never understand that view. It always comes off as so contrived to me.

Anyway, Steenee and Tsareena are both amazing, with Steenee being absolutely adorable. As for Ribombee? I'm curious if it'll evolve again since it's so small. I won't mind if it didn't.

The new trailers (both English & Japanese) were really nice. Glad we finally got confirmation that Ribombee is Cutiefly's evolution. I have to wonder if maybe that's still just its middle stage. I'm thinking of Flabebe, which was really tiny. When it evolved into Floette, it was still rather small. And then when it evolved into Florges, it got much bigger. So maybe there could be a final stage yet, where it gets much bigger.

I really like Silvally, although I actually prefer its Japanese name better. I like how the gray of its head, neck and tail turn white when it evolves. Don't know if I'll use it on my team, though. Might keep it on my second string team. We'll see.

I'm not really caring that much for Tsareena. I wonder if maybe it will be a female only line like Petilil/Lilligant. Now I have to say, I adore my Lilligant. There's just something about Tsareena that's putting me off for some reason. And it seems to have lost its mouth somewhere under that high ruffled collar.

Kommo-o is pretty cool looking. I'm not much for Dragon types. I never use them at all for playthrough. The only exception being Tyrantrum; and that's only because it's a dinosaur. I actually like Kommo-o's showy design, though. It's typing is really unique, too. I may very well keep one on my second string team so I can keep it in rotation for battling.

The new forms for Grimer/Muk are only causing me to despise them even more than I already do. *Hugs Skuntank fiercely & protectively*

The only thing that I'm really disappointed by is the fact that they still haven't shown us the 1st stage forms of the fossil pokemon. I'm actually beginning to question if we are even going to get fossil pokemon in this region.

A good trailer with good information, this. Can't wait for the next one!

I adore cute Pokemon! Tsareena and Steenee are just both so adorable!

Ribombee has become my second favorite Pokemon of all time! Ribombee is just so cute and has my two favourite types of Bug and Fairy! :D

So got time to see the trailer put some things into perspective a bit better:

- Really like Steenee & Tsareena. Kickers (hoping to see some diverse kick pools) and I got a nice kick out of their descriptions how the little handful tomboy grows into full blown oujou. Guess I won't need that Shroomish after all.

- Silvally more than ever screams "this guy HAS TO BE in your party!" the emphasis around 'im also screams plot in-coming. He looks really cool and I love the trailer music during his (& Hakamo-o/Kommo-o's showing) very Battle Network/Star Force-y

- I like Hakamo-o but Kommo-o over does it... still a cool 'mon though.

- Olivia is made of a man's hopes and dreams~

- I'm am thoroughly convinced at this point that Alolan Variants are nothing more than pure Gen 1 lavishing and honestly, brings downs otherwise fantastic news. I want nothing more to do with that noise.

Alola Persian will be shown hopefully soon will be Dark type

Alola Dragonite will be great as Dragon/water so won't be weak against ice any more and it will be colar blue to match or pre evolve forms collaring as I never understand how it gain arms and legs and different body shape of the final evoultion form

Alola Golduck as water/Physic will be make sense honestly

New trailer's up, guys. New characters too.

I love how there seems to be a lot of key characters in SM. So hyped <3

Back
Top Bottom