• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

So this trailer confirmed that Wally has some kind of growth defect? One that makes it so you don't grow past a certain age, I forget the actual name. Well, either that or it's more Gen1 pandering, sacrificing sense. One or the other. Although I'm fine with Cynthia not changing, I mean she was already a grown adult, I didn't think she'd really change or anything.

Anywho... Grass/Ghost?! What? xD Putting that on the Number 1 spot on the list of "Typings That Make No Sense". Still, Decidueye was my favourite when I first saw the leaks and it still is. Looks so freaking amazing. 2nd favourite starter after Infernape. The other types were on-point, though.

And Cosmog :D So adorable! The Japanese trailer has a few overworld scenes with it and it's just so cute. Can't wait to see exactly how it fits into the story, although it being taken care of by Aether makes me think it'll have some sort of connection to UBs and maybe even Type:Null.

Another thing that surprised me is the Tapu types. Bird Keeper Toby had a video speculating the islands' names and the guardians, theorizing that the guardians and Oricorio's types would match up. Well, half of them do, at least.

Apparently Incineroar is a big softie on the inside -

Quote from official website "When it receives the admiration of young Pokémon and children, it may keep up its cold attitude on the outside, but in its heart of hearts, Incineroar is immensely happy. It loses the desire to fight when faced with a Pokémon that’s clearly weak or injured, and it sometimes gets taken advantage of as a result."

In another news, Incineroar plays dirty by attacking opponent trainers as well.

So this trailer confirmed that Wally has some kind of growth defect? One that makes it so you don't grow past a certain age, I forget the actual name. Well, either that or it's more Gen1 pandering, sacrificing sense. One or the other. Although I'm fine with Cynthia not changing, I mean she was already a grown adult, I didn't think she'd really change or anything.

Anywho... Grass/Ghost?! What? xD Putting that on the Number 1 spot on the list of "Typings That Make No Sense". Still, Decidueye was my favourite when I first saw the leaks and it still is. Looks so freaking amazing. 2nd favourite starter after Infernape. The other types were on-point, though.

And Cosmog :D So adorable! The Japanese trailer has a few overworld scenes with it and it's just so cute. Can't wait to see exactly how it fits into the story, although it being taken care of by Aether makes me think it'll have some sort of connection to UBs and maybe even Type:Null.

Another thing that surprised me is the Tapu types. Bird Keeper Toby had a video speculating the islands' names and the guardians, theorizing that the guardians and Oricorio's types would match up. Well, half of them do, at least.

Agree with everything you said. I went from caring literally zero about Cosmog to really loving it, and finding it endearing and exciting when I saw it in the trailer; I'm glad it's playing a role in the storyline

Apparently Incineroar is a big softie on the inside -

Quote from official website "When it receives the admiration of young Pokémon and children, it may keep up its cold attitude on the outside, but in its heart of hearts, Incineroar is immensely happy. It loses the desire to fight when faced with a Pokémon that’s clearly weak or injured, and it sometimes gets taken advantage of as a result."

In another news, Incineroar plays dirty by attacking opponent trainers as well.

That settles it. I want one.

Hmmmm, I really am not a big of Red's new design. Do they honestly have to make him frown all the time? And the body structure is something I need to get use to (perhaps I've redesign Ash to accommodate these changes). I made it no secret that I am not a big fan of Red's Gen III design, particularly with his non-smiling face and generic look. I always like the classic look, with that cocky smirk and obviously Japanese based. Really wish they stuck with that.

This is my response to Incineroar:
ULNNIAS.gif

Other than that, I've said most of my thoughts on Discord, but they essentially come to this: Interesting proposition with the Island Guardians and a shared Z-Crystal and Z-Move... Wonder what move activates it? And on top of that, the typings are unexpected for a lot of mons! My boy Decidueye's lookin' pretty nice and reaffirms my belief that it's basically Kamen Rider Ghost Robin Damashii.

And as for the Battle Tree... Cynthia's looking a bit smaller than what we thought she looked like.

And then... RED DID NOT GROW A BEARD

• Wally not looking any different gets a free pass regardless if ORAS was bumped up in the timeline or not. Kid's been sick. For all we know he's going to be short and skinny for the rest of his life. Cynthia still probably has a few good years of her youth left. She's like what 27-35 range now? Anime characters don't visibly age again until they reach 40.
  • I'm sorry, but I still don't like incineroar. My problem has been with the design and not the typing it looked like. It would have been better if either it's previous evolutions were bipedal or if it only stood on two feet when attacking. Quadroped fire starters 2019!
  • Still love Premarina and Decidueye though. The ghost came out of nowhere, but it's still pretty interesting.
  • So...about cosmog...does this mean the
    it is a pre-evolution to both box legendaries considering it's psychic and has cut scenes dedicated to it?

Last edited:
I've had my opinion of the final staters locked in since they were leaked months ago, but it's nice finally learning their types and names. Cosmog is a cutie and I love it so much. The Tapus are cool but I doubt I', ever going to use them.

I like the redesigns of Red and Blue, but I don't like how they're still keeping Red mute though. Honestly I think Wally didn't get touched up because they had just redesigned him and didn't want to do it again. Cynthia is weird though, they had a chance to touch her up but even her eyes are still in the old human art style. Hopefully this means all of their respective battle themes get remixed again.

So lets tally up content in terms of story, gameplay, and post trials:
7 Island Trials
4 Grand Trials
Team Skull
Aether Foundation
The Ultra Beast threat
Cosmog
The Tapu 4 and their Ruins
The Battle Tree
A possible League and Gym Challenge

That right there is one hell of a line up for a Pokemon game, this is straight up 3rd version/sequel content thrown right into the 1st Iteration versions, and with the games being so plot heavy, it could certainly take a while to complete it. I said this in the League thread, I definitely think the Alola League will be there as a way to level up, offer a second tier of challenges, and continue the plot so that it has enough breathing room. No way they can pace out the amount of story it seemingly has in almost the same amount of time previous games struggled to piece together a much simpler story, and like how Aether is a twist and the real threat to Alola, gyms will be the mirrror to em as the real challenge in the games. Always been more focused on the single player aspect of the games, so this is all a giant rush for me.

GRASS/FLYING owl evolved to GRASS/GHOST owl!!! The best surprise for starter ever, I'm just amazed with the concept! No question who will be the starter for my team!!!!! And the other news of the last trailer are fantastic! Kudos to gamefreak, they amazed me while I was starting to be disappointed with the games. Now I feel they worth the money I spent for two steelbook editions (sun +moon) and the limited strategy guide vault.

Had built my team on the assumption that Rowlet3 (Decidueye? is that how you say it? god knows how its pronounced) was part Flying time to redo it :/

So Oricorio which doesnt evolve and Pikipek line are the only ones who are part flying?

Had built my team on the assumption that Rowlet3 (Decidueye? is that how you say it? god knows how its pronounced) was part Flying time to redo it :/

So Oricorio which doesnt evolve and Pikipek line are the only ones who are part flying?

Deh-cih-du-eye

And it seems that way, at least in terms of final Alolan evolution. As of now.

Back
Top Bottom