• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

I think it works ok in things like Origins where he had both blue and green clothes. Here he is Black and Green.

Pokemon have created a bit of a paradox, even though he probably won't be in the games, we know Ash exists in this universe (anime references in ORAS) plus we have his Greninja with his name as the OT and the same capture date, and transforming into Ash Greninja, but now we also know Red exists in this universe. If Ash exists, so must Gary, but then Blue exists already, and they look way more similar, and both are the grandson of Professor Oak etc :p

I think it works ok in things like Origins where he had both blue and green clothes. Here he is Black and Green.

Pokemon have created a bit of a paradox, even though he probably won't be in the games, we know Ash exists in this universe (anime references in ORAS) plus we have his Greninja with his name as the OT and the same capture date, and transforming into Ash Greninja, but now we also know Red exists in this universe. If Ash exists, so must Gary, but then Blue exists already, and they look way more similar, and both are the grandson of Professor Oak etc :p
Gary doesn't really have to exist unless it's very explicitly implied he does. We can just assume since it is an AU version of Ash that things have gone differently for him.

Battle Tree is obviously a place where you earn BP points at. Can clearly see you and your partner having matched pokemon levels in a multi-battle. Might not have as much older characters like the PWT though.

Finally I can give my thoughts. But warning, this is gonna be long:p

Final starter evolutions. Ugly as hell. Absolutely not fully evolving any of them on my teams. They look even worse in the games. Decidueye gaining the ghost-type is literally the only thing interesting about it.

Tapus: I'm surprised that they don't all match Oriciorio's main typings like it was previously speculated. At least the island names were correctly predicted:) Also the Guarduian of Alola Z-Move looks like the most badass thing ever.

Tapu Lele- Super cute.

Tapu Bulu-My least favorite Tapu. I get that its supposed to be a bull, but I'm not of a fan of the design. The horns look like pencils and overall it just isn't appealing to me.

Tapu Fini- Love it. It's probably my favorite of the four. I love how elegant it looks and it's my favorite type.

Alolan Persian- I still like it. It's cool to see sleek Persian becoming really bulky. And it's super stuck up personality just makes it even more interesting.

Cosmog- So, so cute. I love it and the cutscenes in the Japanese trailer just make it all the more adorable.

Battle Tree- Awesome. It's great to see Red, Blue, Wally, Cynthia. I love how Red actually looks much older. The others don't, imo, but whatever. It's great to see them in Sun and Moon. And I love how Red still doesn't talk:p

A nice reveal overall. Cosmog was probably my favorite reveal of today:)

I notice the player is using 10% form against one of the guardians. Does that mean we would get the core and cells doing the story instead of post game?

Nah because we know multiple universes exist (each version as Maxie/archie alludes to at the battle resort) the anime universe ash just traded greninja to us the same way you'd trade from red to blue or green (or omega to alpha)

I notice the player is using 10% form against one of the guardians. Does that mean we would get the core and cells doing the story instead of post game?

The levels are way too high though. Level 60 and 70. Either it was just footage they patched together for the trailer, or maybe you meet all the Guardians during the main story but can't actually catch them until the Post game?

Would make sense otherwise you could play through the main story with 6 Legendaries (4 Tapus, Zygarde and Box Mascot)

Time to summarize everything from today in a neat little list:

Starters: Decidueye is awesome and I love its Grass/Ghost typing, I think I will end up picking this guy. I really like archery as well, I don't practice it myself but something about using a bow and arrow in games is so satisfying and fun (Legend of Zelda games especially taught me this). Incineroar is tough but charming, I do like it a lot more after seeing it in-game! Primarina is still my least favorite, its design just doesn't fall in my tastes. Imo, its color palette is a bit all over the place.

Tapu guardians: Lele and Fini are my favorites, but they all look very cool. The Japanese trailer showed them all with their masks closed, which made me like them even more, just love their unique mask designs.

Alolan Persian: Already saw its official artwork on Serebii some week or so ago, and nope, it doesn't look better in-game. UGH.

Cosmog: LET ME HUG YOU FOREVER. <3

Red and Blue grown up into young adults, lord they look so handsome (though I agree Blue looks sort of same-ish, but whatever). ALSO CYNTHIA. Would be fun to see her in another outfit but to be honest that black coat is amazing, plus her ear accessories will never get old. Can't wait to know more about the Alolan League and the Battle Tree.

Overall I'm super hype.

Lets pretend Red and Blue and Wally are not in the trailer :p
Happily! Red and Blue are only here to tie in with the rest of the Gen 1 stuff, and Wally was only recently remodelled.
If theyd shown Wally and STEVEN, or a different Champion...

Happily! Red and Blue are only here to tie in with the rest of the Gen 1 stuff, and Wally was only recently remodelled.
If theyd shown Wally and STEVEN, or a different Champion...
Jokes aside though, all Champions, Trial Captains and Kahunas will most likely be in the Battle Tree challenge, so it is not a Gen IV hint at all...

Oh yeah, its totally gonna be like the World tournament thingy from B2W2.
Just seems odd that they would go for Cynthia specifically. :-/
Cynthia is super popular, it makes sense. Same with Red and Blue. Showing Wally instead of Steven is weird, I agree, but I wouldn´t take it as a Sinnoh hint either way...

Cynthia is super popular, it makes sense. Same with Red and Blue. Showing Wally instead of Steven is weird, I agree, but I wouldn´t take it as a Sinnoh hint either way...
Oh, i agree. The biggest hint came from the battle royal reveal.
Battle Royale = 4 people battling at once.
4=Four
Fourth Gen Remake Confirmed!
(Sorry, I'm just having fun)

Tapu guardians: Lele and Fini are my favorites, but they all look very cool. The Japanese trailer showed them all with their masks closed, which made me like them even more, just love their unique mask designs.
If anyone is wondering what they look like, here they are. I had to slow the video down and spam pause it in order to get the best picture I can get.
the_tapus_in_the_japanese_trailer_by_kirby_4_ever-damjwuy.png
Both the girl and the boy poses are different for some reason.

Okay, I just got here after seeing a youtube alert saying Red and Green are in the games, and HOLY OMG THEY ARE
GREEN I MISSED YOU AND YOUR SWAG
sry but grown up Red is a little jarring to me

Nice to see Cynthia and Wally are in the games, too. I hope this means there will be other major characters as well! Hopefully there will be other champions and rival characters as well - especially from Gen 5.

And for some reason, it feels like they've added more space-themed pokemon in this game. Cosmog is so cool! I'm digging the glitters.

As for the starters - I love them all!
Litten final evo being Fire/Dark is excellent. EXCELLENT :D I was worried about it being Fighting, but giving it a Dark-type is just fantastic. Love it.
Popplio final evo is a mermaid <3 Another design that I love. Though, not quite sure why its signature move has to heal burns... isn't burn damage just the thing you might need when you want to weaken your opponents? (unless you burned them by mistake?)
Rowlet final evo being Grass/Ghost - nice surprise! The archer theme looks really cool.

This update was a blast. I can't wait to get the games.

Back
Top Bottom