• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

isn't burn damage just the thing you might need when you want to weaken your opponents?
You can use it to heal your allies after they get burned, and you can use it to hurt Pokemon with guts after knocking off their flame orb. :p

THE NEWS TODAY WAS GREAT!!!

Tapu Lele and Tapu Fini ARE DEFS gonna be on my competitive teams! They're just too KYUTE!!! Primarina is a GODDESS as we've known since the leaks~ Incineroar is great since it IS actually Dark and Decidueye being Ghost was quite shocking, to say the least but all look Good~

Alolan Persian is still garbage~ Tapu Bulu has an okay design~ Not my fave Tapu~ The Z Move, however, is LIT!

Little Cosmog is also a cutie!~

RED AND BLUE ALSO LOOK FREAKING HOT, OMG~ The Battle Tree looks like it'll be very cool and looks like Queen Cynthia is back!~

Today's news was the BEST for me in a while!! LOVED so much good stuff!!

Guessing I'm still one among very few on this one, but I think Alolan Persian looks great. :D I already liked it, but seeing its in-game model move around and make expressions warms me up to it even more. It doesn't look as disproportionate to me as it did at first, and I honestly think it has a real elegance and sassiness to it, except, where the standard Persian displays that through a cool sleekness, Alolan Persian is more extravagant and flashy. And that makes it even more interesting to me - the more that I think about it, the happier I am that they didn't just give us a predictably sleek, thin-faced cat because, you know, standard Persian is already that.

Edit: Come to think of it, what you have at that point is, precisely, just Liepard.

If I have any complaint about Alolan Persian, it is simply that...

it's the third Dark-type Alola Form line, out of a total of what, ten lines? I really wish there had been more Alola Forms than that. :unsure:

I also really love Tapu Bulu, which seems to be one of the less-popular ones from what I've seen. I think it's the best, personally.

Last edited:
Guessing I'm still one among very few on this one, but I think Alolan Persian looks great. :D I already liked it, but seeing its in-game model move around and make expressions warms me up to it even more. It doesn't look as disproportionate to me as it did at first, and I honestly think it has a real elegance and sassiness to it, except, where the standard Persian displays that through a cool sleekness, Alolan Persian is more extravagant and flashy. And that makes it even more interesting to me - the more that I think about it, the happier I am that they didn't just give us a predictably sleek, thin-faced cat because, you know, standard Persian is already that.

If I have any complaint, it's just that...

it's the third Dark-type Alola Form line, out of a total of what, ten lines? I really wish there had been more Alola Forms than that. :unsure:

I also really love Tapu Bulu, which seems to be one of the less-popular ones from what I've seen. I think it's the best, personally.
I like Tapu Bulu too. It is my fav. Tapu :D

If anyone is wondering what they look like, here they are. I had to slow the video down and spam pause it in order to get the best picture I can get.
the_tapus_in_the_japanese_trailer_by_kirby_4_ever-damjwuy.png
Both the girl and the boy poses are different for some reason.
Thanks, though it's kinda hard to see under the effects. So do any of these look like the Strange Souvenir to anyone?
I guess kinda Tapu Bulu?
I figured the Guardian Avatar would have it as a head when it first was getting up but the I saw it headless and of course Tapu Koko flying into the head space.

Thanks, though it's kinda hard to see under the effects. So do any of these look like the Strange Souvenir to anyone?
I guess kinda Tapu Bulu?

Tapu Bulu resembles it very vaguely. I suppose that, in-universe, whoever crafted the Souvenir could have been taking liberties or may have been working from a specific story which describes it differently. Out-of-universe, it is very likely that the Tapu went through several design drafts (given that the Souvenir was programmed 3+ years ago); they were probably only a loose concept at the time.

Tapu Bulu resembles it very vaguely. I suppose that, in-universe, whoever crafted the Souvenir could have been taking liberties or may have been working from a specific story which describes it differently. Out-of-universe, it is very likely that the Tapu went through several design drafts (given that the Souvenir was programmed 3+ years ago); they were probably only a loose concept at the time.
The Strange Souvenir have been puzzling us for 3 years now and it doesn't really resemble the Tapus much at all. It's just gets weirder and weirder as time go by, it seems like at this point we'll find out about it when we get the game in 2 weeks. Unless Gamefreak wants to tell us what the Strange Souvenir is all about between now and the games' release. Here's a little reminder on what it looks like.
Dream_Strange_Souvenir_Sprite.png

New story trailer (idk how it's called, the ones with the Japanese kid moving to Hawaii) just came out! Vikavolt at level 40 was unexpected! The evolution line has to have a higher BST than other regional bugs. I'm just happy that I can keep Charjabug around for a little longer since it's one of my favorites this gen. MUST.PROTECT.PRECIOUS.ACCORDION.AT.ALL.COSTS.

The Strange Souvenir have been puzzling us for 3 years now and it doesn't really resemble the Tapus much at all. It's just gets weirder and weirder as time go by, it seems like at this point we'll find out about it when we get the game in 2 weeks. Unless Gamefreak wants to tell us what the Strange Souvenir is all about between now and the games' release. Here's a little reminder on what it looks like.

I think the Strange Souvenir was a generic hint towards Hawaii rather than an actual Pokemon.

Just now getting around to giving my thoughts. (So much exciting news today, Pokemon & otherwise.)

Decidueye: My precious Owliver Queen. I love everything about this guy. He's definitely in my top 5 Pokemon of all time. I want gyms back now. I also want the ability to bust through the gym's window, send out Decidueye to point an arrow at the gym leader, and say "*Gym Leader's Name*, you have failed this city!"

The Grass/Ghost thing threw me off too, but I saw on Twitter that Decidueye is based on a Stilt Owl (which is why he has the longer legs), which is a bird that was native to Hawaii & is now extinct. So the Ghost typing is a lot more fitting now.
Cv09v-sWIAA9_ok.jpg

Incineroar: His name sounds more like the name of a move than the name of a 'mon, but as long as he's not Fire/Fighting I don't really care. Glad they went all the way with the heel theme. Him hitting the opposing Trainer with moves is a funny thought. (Probably gonna make for some good moments in the anime too). I even feel like him having a good heart is kind of a nod to the fact that heel wrestlers are just playing a character. I like it.

Primarina: She's just so beautiful. I really love the design. I hope Sparkling Aria works likee Wake-Up Slap & becomes more powerful if the target's burned. Could make for some good combos if she can learn Scald.

Alolan Persian: It's story/concept makes me want to like it, but I just don't. If they made the body a little fatter too, or if they made the head the same shape, but a little smaller, I think it would have been fine, but as it is, it just looks disproportionate.

Guardians: They all look cool. Tapu Fini's probably my favorite. Really thought their types would line up with Oricorio's, but whatever. That Z-Move they have is hilarious. I love how happy the Trainer looks as they tell them to flatten their enemy.

Cosmog: He's a lot cuter in-game. That split evo line for the legendaries is lookin' pretty likely now.

League: If this ends up being "under construction" forever like the Battle Frontier, I swear to Arceus...

I know it's too soon to say since we know nothing about how the story will end, but what if the League isn't completed until a Sun 2 & Moon 2 that are set 1-2 yrs later?

Battle Tree: Seems kinda fun. The layout sorta reminds me of Mt. Battle from Colosseum/XD. I'm glad other people here mentioned Leaf. She was always one of my favorite protag designs. I want a good-looking, grown-up version of her too.
FireRed_LeafGreen_Leaf.png

Also, just like when Kukui was first shown, my Twitter timeline is currently full of people proclaiming the various sexual acts they want to perform on grown-up Red... There's nothing I can say about this that won't get me in trouble/start an argument so I'm just gonna let it go...

I have been warming up (excuse the pun) to Incineroar despite not feeling too hot about him at first.

Also, I like how there's almost a starter for almost everyone. Well played, Game Freak! ;)

Cynthia is in 3D? Gen 4 remakes confirmed!

It begins...

Her being in SM without a new look/outfit is another big hint for no gen IV remake in this gen.

Also can't see why the Fire-Starter is hated that much. All three in generell are pretty much the best pokemon they've shown so gar IMO. Good types and good designs.

The new Train On trailer was epic. I almost wish this was a TV show:p

Anyway, my favorite parts of the trailer were A. seeing even more of the wonderful customization options and B. seeing even more new Z-Move poses and the Rock-type Z-Move. I'm not to fond of the name Breakneck Blitz for the Normal-type Z-Move, though maybe that's because I'm so used to calling it Hyper Sprint Attack:p Getting even more hyped for these games.

I think the Strange Souvenir was a generic hint towards Hawaii rather than an actual Pokemon.
maybe it has to do with the z-move of bulu.
i think its possible that it just represents all of them generally. they are guardians and that statue may be viewed the same way. we will find out when we play.

Hey guys, I saw the Spanish version of the SM official site, and the Pokemon League is pretty much confirmed to be in the game. The possibility of the Pokemon League being a teaser for the future (like the ORAS Battle Frontier), is completely discarded. There will be a Pokemon League in SM.

An other thing I have noticed in the official site, is that the Funfest Missions of Festival Plaza are apparantly Multi Player only, since they only talk about wireless and online missions, and about "taking missions as a Team". I hope this is not the case, though. BW2´s Funfest Missions include both multiplayer missions, and single player missions. I hope that´s the case in SM as well.

Last edited:
maybe it has to do with the z-move of bulu.
i think its possible that it just represents all of them generally. they are guardians and that statue may be viewed the same way. we will find out when we play.
You two just gave me an idea. What if the in-universe justification is that Tapu Bulu decided to go hornless at one point and had a slightly different mask? I mean, if Tapu Bulu can change the size and shape of its horns at will, then whose to say that it couldn't have made them disappear at one point and had a different mask? This would mean that the Strange Souvenir is meant to be a previous appearance of Tapu Bulu and not the appearance it has currently adopted. This jsutifies why it doesn't look like any of the current Tapus.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the Island Guardians occasionally decided to change up their masks in order to conceal themselves from intruders. It never said that the masks they wear is a part of their biology, so in-universe redesigns could make sense given at least one of the Guardians less-than-pleasant experience with humans (I'm taking about Tapu Fini's description on the website).

An other thing I have noticed in the official site, is that the Funfest Missions of Festival Plaza are apparantly Multi Player only, since they only talk about wireless and online missions, and about "taking missions as a Team". I hope this is not the case, though. BW2´s Funfest Missions include both multiplayer missions, and single player missions. I hope that´s the case in SM as well.
I understand your concern, but I think that just means it's up to the players to create the missions using some preset variables.

I understand your concern, but I think that just means it's up to the players to create the missions using some preset variables.
What do you mean?

You couldn´t create missions in BW2. You just select a mission and do it (find berries, help Ace Trainers train, etc)

BW2´s Funfest Missions include both multiplayer missions, and single player missions. I hope that´s the case in SM as well.
I doubt the very same missions for multiplayer will be available singleplayer, if for one reason: It's been explained that this is tied to the Pokemon Global Link. It's a concerted effort taken on by potentially millions around the world, and I assume the Global Missions are intended to take place over certain periods of time due to their scale (which means there'll be some sort of stopping point at the end of the game's life cycle).

However, that's not to say they don't have singleplayer missions - I just think that they'd be much smaller in scale compared to the PGL Global Missions, and be based on your encounters with players in the Festival Plaza. Of course, this is purely conjecture, so take it how you will.

Back
Top Bottom