• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

You two just gave me an idea. What if the in-universe justification is that Tapu Bulu decided to go hornless at one point and had a slightly different mask? I mean, if Tapu Bulu can change the size and shape of its horns at will, then whose to say that it couldn't have made them disappear at one point and had a different mask? This would mean that the Strange Souvenir is meant to be a previous appearance of Tapu Bulu and not the appearance it has currently adopted. This jsutifies why it doesn't look like any of the current Tapus.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the Island Guardians occasionally decided to change up their masks in order to conceal themselves from intruders. It never said that the masks they wear is a part of their biology, so in-universe redesigns could make sense given at least one of the Guardians less-than-pleasant experience with humans (I'm taking about Tapu Fini's description on the website).

I understand your concern, but I think that just means it's up to the players to create the missions using some preset variables.

possible. maybe the souvenir is an item to summon them. who knows, but if they ever come out with remakes for alola you can count me in.
3 weeks :D

The Strange Souvenir have been puzzling us for 3 years now and it doesn't really resemble the Tapus much at all. It's just gets weirder and weirder as time go by, it seems like at this point we'll find out about it when we get the game in 2 weeks. Unless Gamefreak wants to tell us what the Strange Souvenir is all about between now and the games' release. Here's a little reminder on what it looks like.
Dream_Strange_Souvenir_Sprite.png
There's also a possibility that it was based on an early design of Tapu Bulu that didn't have any huge identifying details of it being a bull head.

So techically, it's not wrong to say it's based on one of the Tapu but it would be like if an npc in red/blue/yellow mentioned a pink bubblegum mouse and gave you a pink marrill plushie or something.

Charjabug potentially evolving at a later level is promising for Vikavolt's stats. On Pinsir's dex entry on the Japanese SM site it does say its rival in Alola is Vikavolt. So I guess these could be clues that it could have around the same BST as Pinsir - 500. Which would be great for it, especially since it looks far more threatening than your average Butterfree, Ledian or Kricketune.

Minior knowing Shell Smash and Acrobatics is cool too. It's definitely going to be an interesting Pokemon to use for sure.

Haven't said this yet but I think this may be my favorite trailer. Only the Tapu Z-move was a dud; otherwise, we got

• the INCREDIBLE starter final evos in gorgeous 3D, and all of them look so much more loveable animated;
  • the Battle Tree which looks DOPE visually (the Battle Maison was so ugly; it looks like they barely tried) and probably will be fun to do mindlessly;
  • Cynthia's BOMB 3D model (it's weird Wally didn't really age much though);
  • Red and Green which I've never even particularly cared about, but they look AWESOME and full of energy with how GF designed them (I'm genuinely excited for them)!
  • a cool theme for Red and Green
  • Cosmog, which I didn't give a shit about when it was leaked but now is really one of the cutest pokemon from this generation, and its cutscenes in the game actually look really cool; I'm impressed GF went to the trouble to give Lillie's Cosmog so much personality
  • the Tapus, which animated look killer. Tapu Fini I think is the mermaid and she SLAYS now that I can actually make out what she really looks like.
  • Psychic Terrain, which I thought sounded weird (in a boring way) when I heard about it, but seeing it in action (especially with the accompanying battle text) is bizarre in the best way. Plus, I'm excited as hell to use Psychic Terrain in competitive; I've got a specific set in mind already, and a general idea for a team
  • (PS I'm glad GF is aware how much Psychic types struggled with Sucker Punch!)
  • Some legitimate curveballs! Decidueye's Ghost typing? The Tapus NOT being Electric/Psychic/Fire/Ghost but Water and Grass instead? They totally faked us out with the colors and Oricorios too, I think.
I'm slayed, and in love

Maybe this has been addressed, but has there been any mention of PR Videos? Perhaps their return?
I don't think that PR videos are returning since it's limited and not really useful, most people don't really use it. To me at least, I don't know about other people.

The new Train On trailer was epic. I almost wish this was a TV show:p

Anyway, my favorite parts of the trailer were A. seeing even more of the wonderful customization options and B. seeing even more new Z-Move poses and the Rock-type Z-Move. I'm not to fond of the name Breakneck Blitz for the Normal-type Z-Move, though maybe that's because I'm so used to calling it Hyper Sprint Attack:p Getting even more hyped for these games.

What makes you think Breakneck Blitz is the Normal-type Z-move? It may be just me, but I think it's exclusive to Alola Form Exeggutor.
(Breakneck Blitz)

What makes you think Breakneck Blitz is the Normal-type Z-move? It may be just me, but I think it's exclusive to Alola Form Exeggutor.
(Breakneck Blitz)

It has the exact same animation as Hyper Sprint Attack from the German footage, and Breakneck Blitz and Hyper Sprint Attack basically mean the same thing (a high speed tackle)

I don't think that PR videos are returning since it's limited and not really useful, most people don't really use it. To me at least, I don't know about other people.
To my knowledge, not many people used Super Training. Or at least, not everyone is interested in it or Pokémon-Amie, among other things.

I hated the trainer PR video thing. I tried it out and didn't really get the hang of it. So it wouldn't really bother me if it never comes back.

It's probably because I don't really understand video editing stuff and it felt more like that than anything else. Unlike all the other features I've seen in pokemon games... this just did not feel like it belonged. It felt like something you'd be able to play with on a pokemon website for pointless fun. The only thing I'd want to keep from it was the makeup effects and stuff. I was kinda miffed that I couldn't keep my charater's makeup once I finished.

I keep seeing these posts " look who finally came off the mountain" "its been so long since we saw red"

If by long you mean 4 years maybe but we came off the mountain to participate in the pwt
I like how you say we.

Also we came off the mountain to explore the other regions according to generations too! But it's debatable how canon that is (though either way I like it as headcanon).

I like how you say we.

Also we came off the mountain to explore the other regions according to generations too! But it's debatable how canon that is (though either way I like it as headcanon)

I've always seen it as, i play me. The sprite may go though a Red phase, or a Lucas phase (Like how i went through a Goth phase in school XD), but its still the same person. Generations just confirmed it for me XD
(Helps explain why some guy keeps transferring all his Pokemon into my collection every time i move to a new region XD)

I've always seen it as, i play me. The sprite may go though a Red phase, or a Lucas phase (Like how i went through a Goth phase in school XD), but its still the same person. Generations just confirmed it for me XD
(Helps explain why some guy keeps transferring all his Pokemon into my collection every time i move to a new region XD)
Oh I meant when Red goes around the other regions with his Pikachu.

So did the Train On trailer just confirm that Exeggcute evolves into Alolan Exeggutor with a Leaf Stone, just like normal? I find that a little weird. If it's not a different evolution method, how will we make it happen in future games that aren't in Alola? I wonder if it's the same story for Alolan Raichu & Alolan Marowak?

So did the Train On trailer just confirm that Exeggcute evolves into Alolan Exeggutor with a Leaf Stone, just like normal? I find that a little weird. If it's not a different evolution method, how will we make it happen in future games that aren't in Alola? I wonder if it's the same story for Alolan Raichu & Alolan Marowak?
I imagine we won't. We'll just have to transfer them like people figure we will have to transfer the old ones for Sun & Moon.

Cool! Can't wait to battle against and with Silver! That's going to be intense! :)
I mean, there's hope for that, sure, but I'm not sure if Game Freak are going to go all-out with these trainer battles and recruits if you want me to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom