• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

I mean, there's hope for that, sure, but I'm not sure if Game Freak are going to go all-out with these trainer battles and recruits if you want me to be honest.
I am thinking the opposite actually. So many people have all their different favorite trainers like Leaf. So why not include most of them or even all for the 20th anniversary? This could be PWT 2.0.

I am thinking the opposite actually. So many people have all their different favorite trainers like Leaf. So why not include most of them or even all for the 20th anniversary? This could be PWT 2.0.
Well, Leaf at least almost certainly won't get in, seeing as Red is around.

Yeah and having Leaf or Red depending on if the player chooses the Female or Male character respectively would take far too much effort on their part. They couldn't do it in HG/SS either. I mean, it's not like Game Freak has ever made a choice based on the gender you picked *cough*Gold/Lyra, Brendan/May, Lucas/Dawn, Calem/Serena*cough*.

*rolls eyes super hard*

): I bet adult Leaf would look very nice.

Leaf may be doomed to be forgotten, but no one is forgotten as Kris :(. Lyra is to diffrent to be the same character but upgraded.

I'm still holding out hope that Hilda is the canon protag of black and white just so we'd have a little diversity in canon protags even if it's just one or two if Serena or Dawn get canon protagonist-ized.

Here's hoping they show up during either the battle tree or generations.

So did the Train On trailer just confirm that Exeggcute evolves into Alolan Exeggutor with a Leaf Stone, just like normal? I find that a little weird. If it's not a different evolution method, how will we make it happen in future games that aren't in Alola? I wonder if it's the same story for Alolan Raichu & Alolan Marowak?
I'm seeing it like how we evolve Eevee into Glaceon or Leafeon; you have to do it in a certain area. Except this will be on a Regional scale, as apposed to just near a rock.

There hasn't been any news regarding anything being revealed next month before the game's release right?

I imagine we won't. We'll just have to transfer them like people figure we will have to transfer the old ones for Sun & Moon.
I'm seeing it like how we evolve Eevee into Glaceon or Leafeon; you have to do it in a certain area. Except this will be on a Regional scale, as apposed to just near a rock.
I hope we can get the regular forms in a future game(s) this Gen (i.e. Trade instead of Transfer). That would make these "Alolan Evolutions" basically version exclusive evos like Lycanroc's Forms Then maybe for future Gens, have a Safari Zone-like area (that's maybe under a dome) that "simulates the environment of Alola". That way you could encounter the Alolan forms there, & evolve Pikachu/Cubone/Exeggcute into their Alolan Forms while inside.

As far as the male and female protagonists go the females appear as the main anime side kick 90% of the time safe for leaf who didn't exist back then and was replaced by misty, and Hilda/Rosa no idea why though

For generations its only fair that the male protagonist get their 5 seconds of fame since its all they're ever getting and even then they are hardly on screen. I do understand why people are pissed about red always taking leafs place though.

Red is the counterpart of Ash so of course he always take priority over Leaf. Leaf isn't that well known anyway.

Personally I'd rather have my female protagonists get attention in the medium I actually digest instead of them playing second fiddle to a runt who's been ten years old since before I was even ten years old and can't even beat a pokemon league because the writers aren't creative enough to make a new protagonist every once in a while.

Well, it could be that we only have CoroCoro left in November. :/

Which would leak five or six days before the games release... which means the games might've been obtained early and their content poured over the internet already.

Not that that matters to me, I'm European -.-

Which would leak five or six days before the games release... which means the games might've been obtained early and their content poured over the internet already.

Not that that matters to me, I'm European -.-
I am in the same boat as you. I hope the last news will be the most mysterious. :)

Something not mentioned yet is that likely at some point in the game, Lillir cuts her hair, dons a hoodie and becomes a Pokemon trainer. In the Train On 3 trailer, you see a character with that look behind a text bubble that is Lillie speaking. I doubt its the PC, as they show SHO throughout the trailers with the default look.

Back
Top Bottom