• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Red is always going to be mute in the games. His appearance along with Blue doesn't confirm anything. It didn't confirm anything at PWT in B2W2 so it is not going to confirm anything at Battle Tree in SM. Kanto is going to be absent for a while before it makes a comeback in my opinion.

Yeah, but mute characters are just obnoxious when you're not playing as them. Nothing's more annoying than someone only adding "........." to a conversation. Might as well not even have them in the game. Unless of course there's a really good reason they're mute. Being a past main character isn't a good reason. Besides, I'm pretty sure that it's implied that PCs talk and we just don't see the text.

Yeah, but mute characters are just obnoxious when you're not playing as them. Nothing's more annoying than someone only adding "........." to a conversation. Might as well not even have them in the game. Unless of course there's a really good reason they're mute. Being a past main character isn't a good reason. Besides, I'm pretty sure that it's implied that PCs talk and we just don't see the text.
I would agree with you if they had every player character and none of them spoke, but Red has such a long history of speaking in "..." at this point it would practically be a sin to change it

IMG-20140301-00034.jpg
Speaking of silent protagonists, I wonder who did Bianca hear? :/

I'm sure our PCs do speak, we just don't always see the text. I can think of multiple occasions where NPCs ask things (like our name), or just repeat things we supposedly said. The whole silent protagonist thing is just used to help us project our own thoughts onto the characters.

Which reminds me, judging from the demo it looks like SM will be giving us dialogue options that aren't just yes or no way more often than previous games. That's a nice addition imo, even if it doesn't always make a difference.

I like to read it as, the protagonists aren't silent. It's just that their dialogue is whatever we're saying, and that's why Red only speaks in ellipses now - he's a hollow vessel with nobody speaking through him.

Last edited:
we know Red speaks because of Copycat in Saffron. the protags aren't truly silent, we just don't see what they say.

Not to mention Hildabert wondering to themselves if something was "going wild at the top of the tower" when N was reviving his dragon at Dragonspiral.

Okay after doing a little looking around is anybody else worried Rowlet may have the highest HP of all the starters

Not really. HP isn't all that. I am more interested in his other stats.
that's why I asked Pokemon with high HP usually don't have high speed and pretty much all the Ghost type Pokemon with high or above HP don't have good speed and grass/ghost is better but not much better on a defensive standpoint reason why is because Rowlet a screen shot show a level 5 Rowlett with 23 HP that's the same amount as Tepig and we all know how that turned out but I get a little more looking around a screen shot show Rowlet level 6 with only 24 HP teppig at the same level has 25 HP and another screen that shows a Rowlet level16 47HP tepig level16 53HP

Since people are talking about stats, I remember, in the NicoNico stream where they played the first couple hours of the game, it showed that Litten (level 13) apparently has high attack and speed, good defense and special attack, and low special defense.

Since people are talking about stats, I remember, in the NicoNico stream where they played the first couple hours of the game, it showed that Litten (level 13) apparently has high attack and speed, good defense and special attack, and low special defense.
I look up Google Images the stats are HP 35 attack 23 defense 19 sp.attack 21 sp defense 16 speed 26

Do the Pokemon in the trailers have IVS and Evs that's what I want to know so bad

Last edited by a moderator:
I look up Google Images the stats are HP 35 attack 23 defense 19 sp.attack 21 sp defense 16 speed 26

Do the Pokemon in the trailers have IVS and Evs that's what I want to know so bad

We know zilch about any of the statistics, such as EV yields, stat distributions, and even types, names, and most moves. It's possible that some will retain their general BST and other stuff (like A-Meowth may still have the same stat distribution and EV yield as it's regular counterpart), but any other stuff was scrubbed out when the demo was released. So aside from what we've seen in trailers, the demo, and even early playthrough vids, we know nothing else. And in terms of the IVs, we never know how many IVs one Pokemon has until it gets evaluated late in the game, so it's anyone's guess until then, but they will be sticking around.

After looking at the trailers (and i was kind of bored), i'm going to predict the level curve is that the right term? of the game.

Melemele Island: Level 5 - Level 15
Akala Island: Level 15 - 28
Ula-Ula Island: Level 28 - Level 40
Poni Island: Level 45 - ???

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom