• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

After looking at the trailers (and i was kind of bored), i'm going to predict the level curve is that the right term? of the game.

Melemele Island: Level 5 - Level 15
Akala Island: Level 15 - 30
Ula-Ula Island: Level 30 - (maybe around) Level 42
Poni Island: Level 42 - ???
Yeah that sounds about right,I would guess that as well

If we go back to Kanto (Which i doubt, but for the sake of argument), wouldn't we go to Johto as well?
Red was in both Kanto AND Johto. We All know K&J are connected.

I imagine it'll be one or the other, (due to space limitations on the game cartridge), which would be a disappointment in my mind.

If there was one reason why Kanto should return is if I get to start in Kanto again since I no longer own Leaf Green. However, this thread is about trailers and news discussion.

Back on topic: Seems like we haven't got any early news this month with new pokemon reveals. Corocoro may or may not have something but so far we have got no pokemon reveals in November yet.

I know the games are two weeks away, but it feels weird suddenly not having a new trailer date to look forward to. I guess nothing else (like Red and Blue) will be spoiled that way then.

And yes I agree, an animated 4-5 minute special would be pretty nice to see.

Red/Green and the Battle tree are an indication at the very least that we might have more in store for the Post League, which is a pretty good tradeoff for no new trailer. I mean, stuff like the Frontiers, and PWT being revealed were logical because of the fact that they had to advertise SOMETHING, and the Battle Subway was smack in the middle of the game, so its not like something special was lost revealing it before launch. But yeah, considering how the Battle Tree is definitely a post league thing, and with returning characters no less, they definitely have an ace or two up their sleeves. And even if not, what is there is fine. A post game involving the newly formed league, the Battle Tree, Zygarde and its Cells, whatever story is left with the Aether foundation, and possibly plot with Looker or Zinnia is more then what we have gotten before.

I agreed with all of that, but I don't want Zygarde in the Post Game, I'm rather hoping to make him part of my team. I don't usually do legendaries, but I can see it going from a simple core, to dog form, then to the 50 we know, and eventually to complete form!

I'm kinda wondering if they might drop a version exclusives trailer of some sort in the next few days.

It seems notable to me that they just revealed two version exclusive Ultra Beasts in CoroCoro, could be as a kind of "we need to get this out there now" kind of reveal.

It's a shame that they didn't have a version exclusive in the beginning, I know that it wouldn't have been possible. But it would have helped people decide which version to pre-order or buy.

So Serebii is reporting that Amazon France is shipping out the Sun/Moon pre-orders early; for the 19th, to be precise. So either they're breaking street date and are calling down a massive fine on their heads, or they've gotten to go-ahead to release early...but if it's official, then why not the rest of Europe too? Hm.

I'm pretty annoyed they never even stated Vulpix and Sandshrew are version exclusive. Now I'm back to thinking of getting Sun solely so I can catch a HA Vulpix without relying on others.

Luckily my friend in Illinois is getting Sun. He said he'd get me a vulpix.

Also what is with my luck and never getting a version where I can catch rufflet and braviary? xD I'm gonna have to ask my friend to get me a rufflet too.

So Serebii is reporting that Amazon France is shipping out the Sun/Moon pre-orders early; for the 19th, to be precise. So either they're breaking street date and are calling down a massive fine on their heads, or they've gotten to go-ahead to release early...but if it's official, then why not the rest of Europe too? Hm.

I hope this means GF/Nintendo has decided that Europe can get the game early now and stores in other countries follow with an announcement this week. I mean, the game's out on the internet for everyone to download, the best thing they can do now is make the games available for purchase as early as possible so people can actually pay for it.

I hope this means GF/Nintendo has decided that Europe can get the game early now and stores in other countries follow with an announcement this week. I mean, the game's out on the internet for everyone to download, the best thing they can do now is make the games available for purchase as early as possible so people can actually pay for it.

I wonder how likely that really is to happen though, it's probably just a one off thing happening in France for some reason.

If that does happen it puts me in an awkward position personally though since I wouldn't be able to collect my pre-order on the Friday (I only go to the city on Wednesdays) and they only keep it for 48 hours (I think) so it wouldn't be able to collect it on the 23rd. :(

Hopefully if this is happening they'll announce it at the start of the week to give people enough time to sort themselves out.

All that said though, I thought I heard that the reason it was releasing later in Europe was due to a law or something?

The only reason Europe was delayed was because back in XY it was Italians who got the game early and leaked it. Now the games are out early again and this time it's not Europe's fault (who is it, is it the Chinese they've been amazing with leaks this year) so there's really no reason left to make Europe wait an extra 5 days.

The only reason Europe was delayed was because back in XY it was Italians who got the game early and leaked it. Now the games are out early again and this time it's not Europe's fault (who is it, is it the Chinese they've been amazing with leaks this year) so there's really no reason left to make Europe wait an extra 5 days.

I really doubt they'd punish a whole continent just because some people in one country got XY early.

I really doubt they'd punish a whole continent just because some people in one country got XY early.

It's not just one country, a whole bunch of stores in the UK sold the games a day early too and I think it happened in other countries too. If France is able to send out the games on the 19th while the release date is the 23rd, I think that pretty much proves that preventing leaks was the only reason we got this delay in the first place :/

Guess next year only Japan is getting it early again then :p

Back
Top Bottom