• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

No. Alola Diglett and Alola Dugtrio are awesome. I prefer it over Butterfree, Nidos, Parasect, Vileplume and Arcanine.

I feel like I'm the only one here that actually likes the alola digglet and dugtrio. I mean the whole Pele's Hair becoming its actual hair concept is cute and also refrences a little referenced natual phenomenon.

Also who doesn't want to name A. Dugtrio Hanson or theBeachBoys? The worst nicknames are there for the taking.

I feel like I'm the only one here that actually likes the alola digglet and dugtrio. I mean the whole Pele's Hair becoming its actual hair concept is cute and also refrences a little referenced natual phenomenon.

I remember quite a few people (including myself) coming around to it once we figured out what the hell the deal with the hair was.

I remember quite a few people (including myself) coming around to it once we figured out what the hell the deal with the hair was.

Alolan Diglett is my favorite alolan form because its so similar to the original (not a fan of Any alternate formes on Pokes).
I will admit that, once I'd googled Peles hair, dugtrio did grow on me.

Even after finding out the inspiration for the hair I'm still not sold on Alolan Diglett/Dugtrio, imo so many other Pokemon should've gotten Alolan forms over them. The whole Alolan deal is still quite a big disappointment for me, only because it seems like it was cut short.. it had such potential.

Nothing you can do, but yeah.

Now here's the question: How does long and fabulous hair give it the Steel type? It's like Ampharos' long and fabulous hair giving it a Dragon type in its Mega Evolution

Now here's the question: How does long and fabulous hair give it the Steel type? It's like Ampharos' long and fabulous hair giving it a Dragon type in its Mega Evolution
It's assimilated itself with naturally occurring fiberglass?

It has to be tough to dig through volcanic rock?

All moles are secretly steel types...Digglet just lost the typing over billions of years?

No. Alola Diglett and Alola Dugtrio are awesome. I prefer it over Butterfree, Nidos, Parasect, Vileplume and Arcanine.

They look silly, design wise. My least favourite Alolan form design. They grew hair, and that's it. Any of those other Pokémon you listed would have been better if they gave them better designs.

Well, meta-wise, the hair is a reference to Pele's hair, a type of fiberglass that resembles hair and is formed by volcanoes. It's named after a Hawaiian deity.

In-universe, as the official site describes, they are actually metallic whiskers that Diglett in Alola developed in order to adapt to volcanic environments - the whiskers are durable, but highly sensitive and allow Diglett to detect surface conditions without coming up from the ground as often.

Well, meta-wise, the hair is a reference to Pele's hair, a type of fiberglass that resembles hair and is formed by volcanoes. It's named after a Hawaiian deity.

In-universe, as the official site describes, they are actually metallic whiskers that Diglett in Alola developed in order to adapt to volcanic environments - the whiskers are durable, but highly sensitive and allow Diglett to detect surface conditions without coming up from the ground as often.
Huh, makes sense, that and also the power of long and fabulous hair compels them
tumblr_of86o2euNF1ql31zxo1_400.gif

They look silly, design wise. My least favourite Alolan form design. They grew hair, and that's it. Any of those other Pokémon you listed would have been better if they gave them better designs.
I thought it look alright. Meowth and Persian barely had much change except for color, type change and a few minor things yet no one complains about them.

I thought it look alright. Meowth and Persian barely had much change except for color, type change and a few minor things yet no one complains about them.

plenty of people had issues with Alolan Persian. I dislike Alolan Persian as well, as I'm not a fan of it's design.

Back
Top Bottom