• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trainer class discussion

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
So what original and returning trainer classes do you think the games will have to fill out the region?

We already know Lasses (who look suspicously like Serena) are still there. But what else would you like to see return?

I feel like Strikers are going to make a come back given the stadium and Scorbunny.

The Gentlemen and Socialites are definitely coming back. Also, the Rich Boy and Lady trainer class.

I'm also expecting the policemen/PIs to come back.
And judging by the school uniform clothing from the Lass in the trailer, I'm expecting schoolboys/girls and teachers to come back, too.

Returning: Strikers, Lasses, Youngsters, Breeders, Tourists/Sightseers, Black Belts, Psychics, Schoolkids, Rising Stars, Hikers, Fisherman, Ace Trainers, Veterans, and classes associated with wealth feel like givens. But I want to be bold and wish for Backers, Channelers, Hex Girls, Fairy Tale Girls, Firebreathers, Mediums, Kimono Girls Reporters and Cameramen, Burglars Policemen, Gardeners, Boarders/Skiers, Bikers, Doctors, Nurses, Poke Maniacs, Super Nerds, Ranchers and Cowgirls, Sages and Elders, Street Thugs and Delinquents, Artists, Furisode Girls, Clowns and Firefighters. Basically, I want to see more obscure or out-there trainers again.

Originals: Detectives, Chimney Sweeps and Street Urchins, Librarians or Writers, Wizards, Fanboys and Fangirls, and Farmers.

Bus drivers (driving Double Deckers of course) would be neat, for the metropolitan city I'm sure we'll have. If you can beat them, then you can ride free of charge!

Bus drivers (driving Double Deckers of course) would be neat, for the metropolitan city I'm sure we'll have. If you can beat them, then you can ride free of charge!
That's how taxis should have worked in X/Y. Too bad it only happens when you don't have enough money to pay them.

We saw this kid in the trailer too. Either youngster or schoolkid

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190227-150018_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190227-150018_Chrome.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 67
are we sure that was a Lass? And not a Schoolgirl like we had in XY?

are we sure that was a Lass? And not a Schoolgirl like we had in XY?
Unless we have singular juniors and seniors back, I doubt it. Besides they really like showing off lasses and youngsters first.

Also I just noticed how the youngster kid kind of looks like a Rising Star from Kalos. If he is a youngster that would be an interesting call back.

I want to see a performer in Pokemon Sword and Shield named Nadja (a reference to the anime, Ashita no Nadja).

I wonder if they'll use those Queen's Guards for a Trainer Class. Also, royalty trainer classes would be cool.

Unless we have singular juniors and seniors back, I doubt it. Besides they really like showing off lasses and youngsters first.

Also I just noticed how the youngster kid kind of looks like a Rising Star from Kalos. If he is a youngster that would be an interesting call back.
tbf, some trainer classes are a little arbitrary anyway, I mean, they have no problem putting lasses in trainer school, so ultimately it doesn't really matter. It's just a flavour thing in this case. But boarding school is a stereotypically english thing, so it wouldn't exactly surprise me

I wonder if they'll use those Queen's Guards for a Trainer Class. Also, royalty trainer classes would be cool.
I feel like they'd have a generic Guard class and just have them like a mix of Beafeaters and Queen's guards depending on where it is. They did it before with the gen IV ace trainers.

Youngster is coming back for sure, we know Lass is coming back, Workers are almost certainly also coming back due to the industrial theming. Some other classes I'd expect to return: Gentleman, Socialite, Rich Boy, Fairy Tale Girl, Hiker, Backpacker, Bird Keeper, Pokemon Ranger.

Youngster is coming back for sure, we know Lass is coming back, Workers are almost certainly also coming back due to the industrial theming. Some other classes I'd expect to return: Gentleman, Socialite, Rich Boy, Fairy Tale Girl, Hiker, Backpacker, Bird Keeper, Pokemon Ranger.
That kid in the trailer could also be a Youngster. I kinda imagine one saying "Hi! I like sweaters! They are comfy and easy to wear."

Back
Top Bottom