• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trainer classes/NPCs that were cut out of the remake?

zakisrage

SAEV DEH WHALEZ!
Reaction score
I noticed that a few of the Trainer classes and a couple of NPCs were deleted for the remake.

The most obvious was the woman in the Oceanic Museum who says "DON'T YOU DARE RUN IN THE MUSEUM!" She was present in RSE, but she's gone for the remake. Also, the female Triathletes are gone too. Now they're all blokes. Ditto with female Psychics.

That crazy mohawk guy in the Mauville Pokemon Center is gone too - probably to make room for the O-Power guys.

Personally, I'm glad they did away with the woman in the Oceanic Museum, and am kind of neutral towards them getting rid of female Triathletes (I didn't like their designs, but it was refreshing to see more mixed-gender Trainer classes). But I kinda miss the female Psychics and the mohawk guy.

What is your thought on this? Did you notice any other NPCs or Trainer classes who didn't make it into the remake?

There's still a woman in the Oceanic Museum who tells her kid not to run there...

I'm still quite far from finishing the game (on my way to Mauville now), but it does feel weird how some trainers seem to have been cut out (like on route 103, I thought there used to be a Guitarist and a Black Belt there past the prickly trees)
And the psychics are def a pity, though (judging by the art that leaked from the demo) we got both Fairytale Girls and Hex Maniacs (who of course already were in the originals) so at least the classes aren't terribly unbalanced overall

Also, I really like that new Street Thug/Delinquent Class so far, so I guess the new classes make up for ones that are gone a bit?

The girl in Rustboro you had to get to laugh was Emerald exclusive, right?

Female psychics were replaced by Hex Maniacs. Senior and Junior trainers have been replaced as well.

Does anyone know if the girl who can walk up ledges was cut or not?

She was an Aroma Lady, and that was a glitch. She's still there but now ledges are not in her line of sight at all. LOL

How can anyone forget about the most amazing batch of NPC's to be left out? Scott, Juan and the Battle Frontier people!

She was an Aroma Lady, and that was a glitch. She's still there but now ledges are not in her line of sight at all. LOL

Unless I missed her quickly turning away just as I stepped into her line of sight...she still has eyes in the back of her head.

Anyway, I forgive the female psychics from disappearing since Hex Maniacs kind of overlapped with them. The female triathletes on the other hand still confuse me as to why they dumped them.

They removed the illiterate Team Aqua/Magma grunt from in front of the Oceanic Museum. I missed that guy. It's not like illiterate people would know he's there so it's hardly offensive.

Unless I missed her quickly turning away just as I stepped into her line of sight...she still has eyes in the back of her head.

Speaking of, that Gentleman outside of Lilycove City still challenged me to a battle even though he'd turned the other way~ Which I somehow enjoy~

That crazy mohawk guy in the Mauville Pokemon Center is gone too - probably to make room for the O-Power guys.

Actually, I think they're the same people. The sprites back then weren't exactly clear, but the mohawk guys differed depending on what your trainer ID was in your game. ORAS just made them appear in the same playthrough.

Actually, I think they're the same people. The sprites back then weren't exactly clear, but the mohawk guys differed depending on what your trainer ID was in your game. ORAS just made them appear in the same playthrough.

Both their names and what they talk about (stats, random questions, songs, ...) are the same as in Gen III. No reason to even think they aren't the same.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom