• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trainer Classes: Who's Coming Back, and Who's New?

Dorothy

My love is stronger than my fear of death
Reaction score
We know only one thing about the setting of Sun and Moon at this time: it is (most likely) a tropical region.

Based on that, what Trainer Classes do you see making a return appearance, and what sorts of new opponents do you think or want us to meet this time around?

Personally, I think that a "Castaway" Trainer Class would be fun if we're in an island setting. They'd be found on empty little islets on water routes and have, like... Rock or Ground-types. Pokemon that wouldn't be of much use escaping their solitude.

Can we have a Pokemon Master class?
And we get to be it after defeating the champion
And if we get to fight Red any time post-E4, that would be his trainer class

Fisherman, Swimmers, and Tubers would be back. With the ambulance present, doctors and nurses on the field may be back. There might be a Life Guard class but they might be Ace Trainers working extra shifts.

I definitely expect fire fighters to be new classes to complete the Emergency trio (Officers, Doctors, and FFs).

Fire fighters could be a distinct possibility looking at the concept art? We've already had doctors/nurses and police before.

Edit: Should have read the other posts, I see Kyriaki already mentioned it :p

I think Tourists will return, but have a more tropical outfit going on, maybe even in Hawaiian shirts lol. The Tourists from XY seem too elegant and they would get sweaty in that if this new region is indeed in a tropical climate.

I also love the fire-fighter trainer class idea too... Although I'm more concerned as to whether we'll get to use that Blastoise on the truck in the concept art, in-game :coffee:

Could be one of the side quests; "Blastoise, we need you to head to Route 7 and put out a fire!", ect. would be a nice touch.

Sufer dude, bruh. Hangin 10 and riding the waves of battle. Hey, why not just go totally radical and give us Humunga Dunga? That'd be siiiiiiiiiiiiiick
Considering we have snowboarders, skiers, and roller skaters official surfers seem to be the way to go.

Unfortunately they might overlap with swimmers. Unless they use other types then just water. They could throw a few Pikachu, Rydon, Tauros and the other non-water surf learners in the mix, but I don't think that's enough to separate them.

Considering we have snowboarders, skiers, and roller skaters official surfers seem to be the way to go.

Unfortunately they might overlap with swimmers. Unless they use other types then just water. They could throw a few Pikachu, Rydon, Tauros and the other non-water surf learners in the mix, but I don't think that's enough to separate them.
Theyn don't have to be completely distinct... divers, fishermen, and water triathletes all use similar team types to Swimmers.

They have swimmers and divers. They've also had triathletes in Gen III who swam.

Perhaps they could be a Sailor variant? Brawly's a surfer but uses Fighting Pokemon, so perhaps Surfers specialize in Fighting and Water types like the Sailor class, but have the versatility to appear in the ocean rather than just port towns.

I definitely expect fire fighters to be new classes to complete the Emergency trio (Officers, Doctors, and FFs).
I guess Firefighters would be similar to kindlers in that they'd have water and fire types? It makes sense to have Fire Pokemon if you're rescuing people since they'd be heat resistant. Watch you fight a Firefighter with exclusively fire Pokemon who talks a bit too obsessively about the beauty of flames

I also want a male equivalent to Aroma Ladies--young men who enjoy flowers and grass type Pokemon. We have the gardener class, but they only use Corphish in the overworld so they don't really count. Ramos doesn't even have Gardeners in his gym...

Oh and a Double Battle trainer class called "ER Unit" composed of a Firefighter and Paramedic trainer class.

Last edited:
Theyn don't have to be completely distinct... divers, fishermen, and water triathletes all use similar team types to Swimmers.
Yeah, but they were in different spots (ignoring the triathletes since they were mixed in with the swimmers but also had other forms that were in other places). Divers were underwater and even though fishermen sometimes were at the beach they were mostly found on docks.

With surfers, they're going to be possibly sharing the beach and/or water routes with swimmers. Unless swimmers end up water routes only and have surfers as the land variant or vise versa.

They have swimmers and divers. They've also had triathletes in Gen III who swam.

Perhaps they could be a Sailor variant? Brawly's a surfer but uses Fighting Pokemon, so perhaps Surfers specialize in Fighting and Water types like the Sailor class, but have the versatility to appear in the ocean rather than just port towns.
That could work. But Sailors have fighting types due to heavy lifting. Surfers...don't really need help lifting anything. I mean sure they could have some because they like idolize Brawly...but that's the only reason why I'd see them having any fighting pokemon.

Then again I just now realized that they could have fire pokemon with them just in case they have to like start a fire on the beach. They'd be like the opposite of like Kindlers and have like mostly water and one fire pokemon.

With surfers, they're going to be possibly sharing the beach and/or water routes with swimmers. Unless swimmers end up water routes only and have surfers as the land variant or vise versa.
I'd move Swimmers to be in open waters/freshwater rivers and streams, and surfers on beaches and in coastal shallows.

Oh and a Double Battle trainer class called "ER Unit" composed of a Firefighter and Paramedic trainer class.

Pre-battle quote: "What?! Battle?! We're trying to save a life here, kid!"

And then they battle you anyway.

Youngsters, Lasses, Hikers, Fishermen, Swimmers, Sailors, and Ace Trainers are all guaranteed returns, though I would love to see the Bug Catcher return as a trainer since he's been absent for over two generations now (yes he was in OR/AS, but that was a remake so that doesn't count).

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom