• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trainer Customization

The clothes are too expensive, I wanted to buy some but I don't want to spend all my in game money just to get them :S I think they should've let you use Play Coins to buy the clothes, I have like 50 of them. Also disappointed that they make you wear a hat, seriously why do they think its so important to wear one?

Is the Amulet Coin or a feature/item similar to it available early in X/Y? It might help boost your earnings.
You can find the Amulet Coin in Parfum Palace; I already have it and it helps a bit but I'm too busy buying Poke Balls and Potions to buy any real clothes.

I did splurge on a hat--the aqua one--and a yellow flower pin. I rather like the way I look right now in the jeans and t shirt combo so I don't really feel the need to switch it up. Once I start earning some real money, that may change.

The clothes are too expensive, I wanted to buy some but I don't want to spend all my in game money just to get them :S I think they should've let you use Play Coins to buy the clothes, I have like 50 of them. Also disappointed that they make you wear a hat, seriously why do they think its so important to wear one?

Is the Amulet Coin or a feature/item similar to it available early in X/Y? It might help boost your earnings.
You can find the Amulet Coin in Parfum Palace; I already have it and it helps a bit but I'm too busy buying Poke Balls and Potions to buy any real clothes.

I did splurge on a hat--the aqua one--and a yellow flower pin. I rather like the way I look right now in the jeans and t shirt combo so I don't really feel the need to switch it up. Once I start earning some real money, that may change.

It a shame unlike like the anime you do not win from (in-game) tournaments a large sum of items or money.

Last edited:
I've pretty much ignored this feature so far. If there's a Pikachu Fan themed set like in Battle Revolution, or clothes to match previous main characters or ones from the show, I'd get them. I'd like to dress up as Ash and copy the team gets this season, or rotate everything he has, for example. Otherwise I'm content with the default outfit.

Can we wear glasses on our actual faces instead on the top of our hats?

Can we wear glasses on our actual faces instead on the top of our hats?

I wish!

Seriously, though, they clearly have the built-in data for a lot of features - such as additional hairstyles - so I'm a bit lost on if I just haven't unlocked enough yet or what. I really want long hair, like I have in real life, but the long is super-long AND comes with the awkward side-tails and I can't get rid of them. I went to medium to try it out, but that's way too short - it's a no-win D:

And, like several other people have commented, I'd really love to take off this hat and wear some glasses.

If you want to unlock more clothing and hairstyles, I believe you need to be 'fashionable' - that means wearing outfits with clothing that all have the same tag colours (the best being black tags, I think).

Wait, so if the male player can't take off the hat...then, that means...

shikamarunara.png
I can't have? :'(

I wearing too much red but I don't want to stop wearing anything because it cost money and LOVES money hope I get a white jacket or something

and it looks like the boutique clothes change colors every day, or am i reading it wrong? Because one outfit was one color one day and another color the next day.

Yeah, each store changes a random amount of stock each day (sometimes it's just the color, other times it's a different item), so it's best to check them every day to see if you find something that you like.

But yeah, I'm a tad disappointed with the available items overall, but I found an outfit that I'm extremely happy with as well, so no complaints from me. I'm still trying to get into that Lumiose boutique, though--just LET ME IN PLEASE. ;____;

Also, these hairstyles are so limited. I thought I would be able to add an afro to my character since I have one, but NOPE, not there! Ah well...

Yeah, each store changes a random amount of stock each day (sometimes it's just the color, other times it's a different item), so it's best to check them every day to see if you find something that you like.

But yeah, I'm a tad disappointed with the available items overall, but I found an outfit that I'm extremely happy with as well, so no complaints from me. I'm still trying to get into that Lumiose boutique, though--just LET ME IN PLEASE. ;____;

Also, these hairstyles are so limited. I thought I would be able to add an afro to my character since I have one, but NOPE, not there! Ah well...

Me too! I wanted a fro too, sorta like that NPC schoolgirl has.

The Lumiose Boutique, I think you have to do some jobs at a one hotel(don't remember the thing, but it's in the city), and beat a few people in 2 or 3 star resturants. (my memory is so fuzzy how I got in, but this may be the gist) And I got in.

I'm just holding out and hoping and praying for shorter pants and a sleeveless shirt for the boy character. You have no idea how pissed I will be if only girls get to go sleeveless. Goddammit, Game Freak, stop being so goddamn backwards.

^ Yeah, ditto. I sold a few items so I could scrape together the money to buy a yellow Poke Ball tee and a pair of yellow high tops. My shirt and shoes match the pin on my hat and my hat and jeans match each other in terms of color. It's nice and harmonious to me and I rather like the look. Think I might keep it like this for a while.

I notice I seem to gravitate to casual clothing rather than dressy, just like in real life. Once I got out of the dress, I had zero desire to put it back on. I did change my eyes to blue, however and added some freckles. Dark skin, black hair, freckles and blue eyes...yeah, I'd date me. XD

I notice I seem to gravitate to casual clothing rather than dressy, just like in real life. Once I got out of the dress, I had zero desire to put it back on. I did change my eyes to blue, however and added some freckles. Dark skin, black hair, freckles and blue eyes...yeah, I'd date me. XD

I'm the opposite! I dress casually in real life, but having my character be so well-dressed is fun. I'd love more outfits like the starter one (or even a fairy-gym-like furisode), but I haven't found any yet :/

Me too! I wanted a fro too, sorta like that NPC schoolgirl has.

The Lumiose Boutique, I think you have to do some jobs at a one hotel(don't remember the thing, but it's in the city), and beat a few people in 2 or 3 star resturants. (my memory is so fuzzy how I got in, but this may be the gist) And I got in.

When I saw that Schoolgirl I was so hopeful that I would have a character with similar hair! ... And then I found out that was just not happening. :(

And I eventually got into the Lumiose Boutique (go figure--the only thing I needed to do was have Alexa show me how to get somewhere). Now those are my type of clothes! Too bad they're so expensive, but I'll just have to save my money to get them!

I wore the white shirt/black undershirt, black chinos, black socks, a knit cap, and loafers. But instead of getting sparkles during the preview of it, I got musical notes and a more classical music tone. I got the sparkles back when I switched the cap for something else.

Weird.

Right now I'm wearing the yellow ribbon smock top, aqua skinny jeans, pink high top shoes, and red boater.

Still haven't seen all of the boutiques, but I've already spent probably too much time customizing :u

EDIT:I saw someone as Tierno in the passerby section?!

Last edited:
I wore the white shirt/black undershirt, black chinos, black socks, a knit cap, and loafers. But instead of getting sparkles during the preview of it, I got musical notes and a more classical music tone. I got the sparkles back when I switched the cap for something else.

Weird.

The same thing happened to me--the special effects change depending on the amount of items you're wearing from the same color tags. So wearing a mostly blue-tagged outfit results in a special effect (white sparkles) that's different from a mostly yellow-tagged outfit (green/blue/purple dots) or a mostly black-tagged outfit (musical notes). (I don't think the brown tags have an effect.)

Back
Top Bottom