• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trainer Customization

Pleased to see not many passerby with my checkered fedora.

Got the black checkered fedora, black zipped shirt, black chinos, black socks, black loafers, the black vinyl messenger bag, and the black feather.

Def. got those musical notes. Has anyone found a trench coat or a suit for the male? I was annoyed when I didn't get one out of the Looker quest. To be a hard boiled detective, you need to look the part!

Does anyone know if you can get the discount coupon because there are NPCs who mention that it exists. Like, seriously. I need it for Lumiose Boutique because those clothes are so GODDAMN FABULOUS.

I don't know where that is, but if you need extra cash I've been using the "prize money power" a lot to level it up, and then chaining in the battle chateau with my lead holding Amulet Coin.

Last edited:
I'm hoping there's still secrets we don't know about. Does anybody know if there's more than one unlockable hairstyle for each gender? (because seriously, the one I've seen appeals to me even less than the default ones. I don't want my character looking like Hatsune Miku).

I'm also wondering if it could be that something might open up the back room at the salon? It could just be a decorative room, but lets be honest, we don't really see those around in Pokemon games.

EDIT:I saw someone as Tierno in the passerby section?!

That's the custom icon they set! You can do it yourself by going to Profile and tapping your name, then Profile Image.

Unfortunately, I haven't been customising my character a lot - I'm saving up for some of the clothes in Lumiose City, but they're seriously expensive.

I spent a lot of time battling the E4, working at Hotel Rishissime, and dining at restaurants, so I have a lot of money to spend on the Boutique stuff. (Which sadly lacks a lot of valuable stuff and has a mediocre color selection for boys; I usually shop at other places more often.)

But I had to cut down on my spending habits in order to afford the Mega Stones at the store. When I'm not saving up for them, I'll save up to buy every article of clothing the game has to offer.

I would have loved the option of having purple coloured contact lenses. Purple coloured hair would have been interesting as well, although I find the normal black hair very satisfactory, so it's mainly the purple eyes I'd like.

Remember when I said that I was saving up for Mega Stones? I...I was weak. I bout a 120k coat. I couldn't help it, I just looked so good wearing it.

I spend far too much time (and money) shopping for new outfits. I've almost managed to get every piece of male PC clothing, and while my bank account will breathe a sigh of relief, I'm sad that there aren't new pieces for me to hunt.

I notice I seem to gravitate to casual clothing rather than dressy, just like in real life. Once I got out of the dress, I had zero desire to put it back on. I did change my eyes to blue, however and added some freckles. Dark skin, black hair, freckles and blue eyes...yeah, I'd date me. XD

I'm the opposite! I dress casually in real life, but having my character be so well-dressed is fun. I'd love more outfits like the starter one (or even a fairy-gym-like furisode), but I haven't found any yet :/

I thought freckles were only temporary? Can you actually get permanent freckles added on? o_O

....wait you can UNLOCK hair styles? How does on perform this magic? (edit: nevermind, figured it out. pretty simple).

I must confess a decided preference for dressier clothes, as it seems to fit the milieu better. I wouldn't have minded a sporty look if our characters could look like Ace Trainers or something, but the outfits at Cyllage City just seem mundane to me. They're not really sporty at all. Consequently, I've spent over 600,000 at Lumiose so far...

Last edited:
I am addicted to clothes, I have almost everything that has showed up in boutiques since I started. I am so fashionable, lol. 300k for the trench coat dress is still really steep though, I am saving up for a better cushion when I finally do blow the money on it. I think my favorite shirt is the red tie neck blouse. Next fav is the black ruffled tank with cute polka dots!

I got two more hair styles after beating the elite 4, pony tail and pig tails. I don't know if that is what unlocked it though. Also, getting into the boutique in lumiose has nothing to do with clothes. You need to visit every building in lumiose.

I got the new hairstyles literally just by doing a recolor and a restyling... I'd done a few in the past, so maybe it's tied to doing a certain number of them. I'm not post E4, so that has nothing to do with it.

I am changing my character's outfit almost every day... IT'S SO ADDICTING!

I'm also wondering if it could be that something might open up the back room at the salon? It could just be a decorative room, but lets be honest, we don't really see those around in Pokemon games.

There's a whole bunch of red and blue doors on the streets of Lumiose that apparently don't open, so it might just be decoration.

As for customisation... I just can't stand to go around places like Dendemille without dressing warmly. You can see your breath! Just looking at that makes me feel cold...

I got the new hairstyles literally just by doing a recolor and a restyling... I'd done a few in the past, so maybe it's tied to doing a certain number of them. I'm not post E4, so that has nothing to do with it.

I got two new hairstyles, the ponytail and pigtails, by wearing two black tag items. The salon owneer was absolutely amazed by my outfit when I walked in, and bam, cute hair.

Remember when I said that I was saving up for Mega Stones? I...I was weak. I bout a 120k coat. I couldn't help it, I just looked so good wearing it.

You....bought a coat? Now that I know coats are available, I'll be certain to check every boutique store every day until I find a nice black coat.

I asked in the Simple Questions thread but probably should've asked here first. Are there any salons that offer actual red/orange hair colors? I tried the "orange" color in the Lumiose salon and that color barely passes for strawberry blonde; it's only like half a shade redder than the regular medium blonde color! I have practically Ariel-red hair, and I'd like for my character to have hair close to mine. Is that possible? :-\

The only thing I really hate about the customization is that we are essentially forced to wear a hat and an accessory on it, which I find unfair, as it feels more restrictive on what we are to wear. I would love bags you could wear on the back too, but I feel like the hats and hat accessories are too forced on us, and I would like more freedom on that, just look at the customization in the Animal Crossing games for instance, I feel like you should have more freedom, as I feel too restricted.

Someone I was talking to on Skype said he would like Pokemon customization too, but I highly doubt that will ever happen, for obvious reasons...

Animal Crossing has had several games worth of character customisation that's always improving. New Leaf is the first game you can change your shoes and socks in.

I'm sure that within a few games, Pokemon will have great character customisation.

Back
Top Bottom