• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trainer Customization

june_new_p2_01.jpg

What I'm more focused on is the fact I can go dark-skinned blonde. YES that would be so freakin' sweet! I was annoyed at first that customization will be a thing in XY, but now I see that dark-skinned blonde will be possible, I am rather excited.

I think so at least thats what i heard

This is from the Q&A:

Q - Are you planning on working on DLC?
A - Are you talking about additional content like Mystery Dungeon? That's in the top 3 of questions I was hoping I wouldn't get asked. We don't have anything we can announce today."

Idk, I don't think that's actually saying "there won't be any DLC". I think it's more in line with "we can't announce anything right now" and leaving the door open.

This is from the Q&A:

A - Are you talking about additional content like Mystery Dungeon? That's in the top 3 of questions I was hoping I wouldn't get asked. We don't have anything we can announce today."

Idk, I don't think that's actually saying "there won't be any DLC". I think it's more in line with "we can't announce anything right now" and leaving the door open.

Yes, that is what I was saying.

This is from the Q&A:

I agree that this is definitely leaving the door open although "We don't have anything we can announce today." could mean lots of things. examples:
- "we haven't got anything but might do something later"
- "we are working on something but don't want to say until we know if it works"
- "we have something but are saving it for a later announcement"
- "we have something but want it to be a surprise"
- "god I hope the dev team has something cause I know people will keep asking me this"

Yay I'm gald to see they'll be doing this. I remember when my bro joined back in.....like really really long ago I think lol anywho I had made a suggestion about the whole changing the skin tone thing and being able to customize your trainer. It kinda got struck down and I could understand the reasons but I'm happy to see GameFreak giving it a chance :3

I think it will be neat like I'm more immersed into the story...like its my personal journey and not playing as someone else life.

I am hoping to see version-exclusive costumes which are not available in another versions. This could encourage trading costumes depending on player characters' genders. (Crossdressing would be a bad idea, but...)

(Crossdressing would be a bad idea, but...)

No, it actually would be a perfectly fine idea. I also don't know why one would think that version-exclusive stuff is a good thing.

Some people (not me) like the idea of version exclusive stuff because it promotes trading and increases the social aspect of the games, which is a major part of the pokemon franchise. As for the crossdressing, that could be good for some fun wagers like the loser of a battle must take a photo of there character at a photo spot in the opposite genders outfit.

As for the crossdressing, that could be good for some fun wagers like the loser of a battle must take a photo of there character at a photo spot in the opposite genders outfit.

I don't want they to use cross-dressing as a way of making fun of characters. There is nothing funny about a person or character that enjoy cross-dressing. Of course, this feature is obviously not happening in the games, but if Game Freak was to introduce it in X&Y, it should like in Animal Crossing New Leaf.

In regards of exclusive stuff, well, I will be paying at least $39 for the game and I want the most content possible, besides the exclusive Pokémon of course, but that is something present since the first games in the franchise, it is too late for complaining.

Version exclusive stuff I'd be okay with if it was easy to trade. Like, don't make outfit-swapping available only over direct wireless. Let us do it over wi-fi, too. Maybe they could set it up so that if you trade/battle/etc with someone who has clothes you don't, you have a chance of getting a random new item copied from their collection. That would be fun, and encourage using the interactive features a little bit more. And if you can't, well, they're just clothes, you're not missing much.

Crossdressing, though? Dude, I better be able to put my boy in an adorable miniskirt. :p

Version exclusive stuff I'd be okay with if it was easy to trade. Like, don't make outfit-swapping available only over direct wireless. Let us do it over wi-fi, too. Maybe they could set it up so that if you trade/battle/etc with someone who has clothes you don't, you have a chance of getting a random new item copied from their collection. That would be fun, and encourage using the interactive features a little bit more. And if you can't, well, they're just clothes, you're not missing much.

Crossdressing, though? Dude, I better be able to put my boy in an adorable miniskirt. :p
That. Except the crossdressing...I don't think they'd let you because of the younger crowd. Then again She-go exists for kids so who really knows?

I'm just excited for it all!

I hope crossdressing is an option. Seeing as Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing allow it...

If not, then I hope pants are an option for the female character.

Wait, since when is a girl wearing pants considered cross-dressing?
I never said it was...?

I said if the girl is stuck with shorts and skirts (I honestly wouldn't be surprised), I'd like an option to wear the guys clothes.

It's not cross-dressing. Game Freak just likes to use skirts because they... leave less to the imagination. I hope that the girls get actual pants (that aren't skinny jeans), even though I'm a guy.

It's not cross-dressing. Game Freak just likes to use skirts because they... leave less to the imagination. I hope that the girls get actual pants (that aren't skinny jeans), even though I'm a guy.

I hope the girls get actual pants too. I'm a girl and I do not walk around in skirts and shorts all the times. I hope GameFreak will put in outfits that aren't just traditional girl clothes. A T-shirt, a pair of jeans and a pair of sneakers would be nice.

I hope the girls get actual pants too. I'm a girl and I do not walk around in skirts and shorts all the times. I hope GameFreak will put in outfits that aren't just traditional girl clothes. A T-shirt, a pair of jeans and a pair of sneakers would be nice.

My fiancee always complains about this with comments like; "yeah right, because she would totally be wearing a miniskirt while walking through tall grass." She usually ends up playing as a the male protagonist. Sooo I think game freak should take note of this.

Back
Top Bottom