• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trainer Customization

I remember DPPt's booklet instructions saying something along the lines of: ''Your gender doesn't affect the story, but it is recomended that you pick the gender that matches you own'', yeah, I don't think they would allow crossdressing, sadly.

I remember DPPt's booklet instructions saying something along the lines of: ''Your gender doesn't affect the story, but it is recomended that you pick the gender that matches you own'', yeah, I don't think they would allow crossdressing, sadly.
Girls wearing hoodies, t-shirts, and pants isn't crossdressing.

It isn't, when did I say it was?

I just want people to be able to dress however they want to, if I want my male trainer in a bright pink miniskirt, I should be able to put him in one.

Wikapidea has this to say about cross-dressing; "Cross-dressing refers to the act of wearing clothing and other accouterments commonly associated with the opposite sex within a particular society."

So in most societies a girl wearing pants isn't cross-dressing, but a girl wearing a suite could be depending on who your talking to. The term is heavily steeped in culture meaning that depending on where you go or who you talk to a girl wearing pants could be considered cross-dressing just like a guy wearing a skirt is cross dressing. But I don't really think it should be. It's common sense to adventure in pants and not some kind of supper short skirt or shorts. I don't think people from Japan consider it in bad taste for a girl to wear pants. But the people at game freak could.

Then again it's also possible that they just design the female the way they do so she's easily distinguished from the male when on screen since it doesn't make any other kind of difference.

Let's get back to the topic on hand.

I want to dress up as a giant fruit salad.

Girls wearing pants is crossdressing, yes. The difference is that people don't give a fuck about that, but they do if a dude wears a dress. Please, stop talking about what you don't know and sure, lets go back to the topic. I am hoping older protagonist's clothes are available to use. I love Lyra's style and I want her clothes in my future character.

Girls wearing pants is crossdressing, yes. The difference is that people don't give a fuck about that, but they do if a dude wears a dress. Please, stop talking about what you don't know and sure, lets go back to the topic. I am hoping older protagonist's clothes are available to use. I love Lyra's style and I want her clothes in my future character.

Two things: 1. You ARE aware there are women's style jeans/shorts/pants/hoodies/uniforms that involve pants as per demand of the job (ex. medical/military field) etc and unisex clothing in general right? Either way, a woman wearing pants in general is not outright cross dressing.

2. While men wearing a skirt WOULD gain questionable amount of scrutiny there are cultures where men do wear what would be deemed as "a dress" as per their lands traditions. The best example is the 'kilt'. Either way, I suggest you broaden your horizons before you lash out at others.

And yes, I'm all for "legacy" outfits of previous PCs and also outfits of the NPC trainer classes. Most specifically the Unova Ace Trainers.

Last edited:
[
And yes, I'm all for "legacy" outfits of previous PCs and also outfits of the NPC trainer classes. Most specifically the Unova Ace Trainers.

I would love to see some of the outfits of the NPC trainer classes. And of course they should definitely have some legacy outfits and hairstyles.

I really want to see some more hairstyles. They should have mohawks, afros, really long hair, bob cuts, pigtails, and even an option to be bald!

All I want is for guys to be able to have this kind of hairstyle.

shikamarunara.png

Crossdressing wasn't a problem in games like AC or Harvest Moon. Harvest Moon even went as far as displaying your character in Women's clothes when highlighted, not even giving you the option.

Crossdressing wasn't a problem in games like AC or Harvest Moon. Harvest Moon even went as far as displaying your character in Women's clothes when highlighted, not even giving you the option.

Yah I'm not familiar with Japan's culture on cross dressing but it seems they get a kick from it based on anime and video games. Lets also not forget one of the most famous cross dressers, Cloud Strife.

At one point in the direct video today there was a point where Callum was talking to an old man, and he looked like he had shorter hair. If so, it looks like at some point hopefully not too far into the game you'll be able to change up your cut and not just the color.

Edit: Pic for reference.

http://images.*********/vp/src/1378300022468.png

Last edited:
I usually end up picking a guy instead of a girl because of the outfit and the color of the accessories(like the bag, Xtransceiver, etc.). It would make me super happy if this time around, I could travel the world in a hoodie and jeans.

At one point in the direct video today there was a point where Callum was talking to an old man, and he looked like he had shorter hair. If so, it looks like at some point hopefully not too far into the game you'll be able to change up your cut and not just the color.

Edit: Pic for reference.

http://images.*********/vp/src/1378300022468.png

Or we could customise our character before we begin the Pokemon adventure.

When the games are released, will Bulbapedia keep an online list of customization items? (I'm pretty sure there will be c: )

I would like to know what hair styles and clothing would be available~ I wonder if it'll be free or purchasable. : 3

It's nice to see we've finally got a clear image of Character Customization. Now we can see the customization won't just effect the PSS, but will effect the over world model, as well as the in battle model. Over all this gen is thus far shaping up to be the best Pokemon Gen there ever was.

corocoro9136.jpg

I am glad you can not only customize the character's hair and skin, but also their clothes. I want to make Serena look as different as possible from her official art. n_n

Back
Top Bottom