• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trainer Customization

I am praying that there are cool-looking SLEEVELESS SHIRTS for the boy character. D8 If such a shirt existed, even if there was only one of it's kind, I WOULD WEAR THAT THING AND NEVER TAKE IT OFF. I would be so freakin' happy. I've been wanting a sleeveless boy character for SO FUCKING LONG now, it's so disgusting and stupid that only the girl characters get to dress revealingly. Shorts, sleeveless shirt: that is all I want. Let the future begin already!

There's nothing I want more than to make my player wear shorts and a t-shirt/sweatshirt. Oh please... let this happen. v_v

Il probably only change the skin color and hair of the male NPC.

His default outfit is perfect just the style i prefer for this kind of thing.

....unless they have a full blown "Naruto style" jumpsuit, then il totally go with that.

The less clothes I can put on the male the better @w@

I really want pajamas as a clothing item. They'll be the only thing my female protag wears to reflect me -u-

The less clothes I can put on the male the better @w@

I really want pajamas as a clothing item. They'll be the only thing my female protag wears to reflect me -u-

you remind my of my freinds sister.

are youuuuuuu c:

all jokes aside, megaman helmet should totally be available

Running around Unova dressed with pajamas would be something I'd love to see. As for something that reflect me? Uh, I really like bike shorts I guess, like May's, but honestly, I just want to dress the PC with a outfit I wouldn't dress myself to go shopping. Serena's outfit looks cute, but it doesn't seem appropriate for a big adventure imo.

I wish they would make the older player characters' outfits available to buy/achieve in XY. I'd love to dress Serena with May's outfit or Lyra's Mario cosplay. Or how about having Nintendo characters-related outfits? I can't even imagine how many people would dress Calem (and maybe Serena) as Link. I'd want Samus' Varia Suit.

The only thing I want is the ability to put the boy in a cute pink miniskirt thank you bye

All I want is the ability to change hair and eye color. And clear glasses.

Running around Unova dressed with pajamas would be something I'd love to see. As for something that reflect me? Uh, I really like bike shorts I guess, like May's, but honestly, I just want to dress the PC with a outfit I wouldn't dress myself to go shopping. Serena's outfit looks cute, but it doesn't seem appropriate for a big adventure imo.

I wish they would make the older player characters' outfits available to buy/achieve in XY. I'd love to dress Serena with May's outfit or Lyra's Mario cosplay. Or how about having Nintendo characters-related outfits? I can't even imagine how many people would dress Calem (and maybe Serena) as Link. I'd want Samus' Varia Suit.

If you look in the one image they revealed it appears the player character is wearing a recolored version of Red's hat from the concept art. I believe your wish may possibly be answered.

Well, as long as I get my Dawn outfit. Everything else will just be a bonus.

I would enjoy seeing costumes of characters from other Nintendo games make an appearance in Pokemon, if not this game, then a future one.

Personally, I am hoping for coats to be available as a clothing option. I'd love to see blazers available too.

Well, as long as I get my Hilda outfit. Everything else will just be a bonus.

This is what I want. But I'll take a Dawn outfit too (Platinum outfit preferred).

I wonder if we'd be able to wear Mario/Luigi hats?

I really don't like much of Callum's design. I love literally everything about Serena, but I just can't choose the female for my first play through because I like to feel like it's me in there.

Hoping there's a lot of scope to customize. This gen really has everything.

-Gen IV was cool in a "Hey! The male PC actually kind of looks like me" way.
-Gen V was "Okay... the same look again? Well, he does look like me a bit still, might as well use him"
-Now with the third generation in a row with the same basic look, I think I may switch it up and play as the female PC for the first time in a bit.

Interestingly, Calem looks the most like me of any so far. But I'm kind of bored with looking like myself. So I'll either customize him to look unlike myself (since looking like me would be too close to the default), or I'll play as Serena. It may depend on how trainer names are displayed online. I'd like to keep Dex as an online name, but don't want the in-game text to call her "Dex".

Oh man I hope so much the customization in the game is really cool. When I first heard about it I really wanted to make the dude look like Ryou Akiyama from Digimon for some reason. But now, man, I dunno! If they had Kris or Blue/Leaf outfits that would be soooo tempting. Or maybe Touko. I played as the boy in Black and was really looking forward to playing the girl in "Grey", but then we got Black 2 and White 2 instead with entirely new characters. Sort of bummed me out, as cute as Mei/whatever is. (Dude was too dorky looking to me haha) The way you can customize your avatar on the Pokemon main site makes me think they would definitely have outfits of previous characters like Red and Gold, etc.

Then again, just putting on random clothes and making up your own "character" would be really fun too. I like playing "characters" in video games instead of playing "myself," though I think the only game I played where I felt like I was playing "myself" was Pokemon Yellow. Weird.

I hope the online sites get the customizing info up real quick so I can plan it out. Dorky, I know. Then again, I won't be able to get the games when they come out (can't afford a 3DS) so...whatever. lol

Also it would really bite if you couldn't do much customizing until way later in the game. Did they reveal what town the salon(s) would be in cause I might have missed that, I dunno.

I don't base my choice of PC off of my appearance at all, I choose whoever I like the most (reason why I've played as a male ever since Platinum). This time around, however, I like the female character more, so I'm going to choose that. Then I'm just going to customize her the way I like and see fit best (and not from myself, which I find to be boring).

I hardly ever think of the PC as "me" anyway, it's more of a character you take control of, just like in any RPG.

Back
Top Bottom