• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trainer Customization

On the official site, are ALL of those screencaps detailing customization of Calm? I sincerely hope so. CROSS-DRESSING. Oh god PLEASE make it happen.

On the official site, are ALL of those screencaps detailing customization of Calm? I sincerely hope so. CROSS-DRESSING. Oh god PLEASE make it happen.
I don't think so; the models seem to have breasts.

Also the trailer shows different animations between the two clothes styles.

Ohh darn. I'm at work on my phone so I didn't see the actual trailer. D8 I still hope for crossdressing either way.

Am I the only one that thinks that the second picture of Serena while they were showcasing the trainer customization has what resembles Lyra's outfit?

Am I the only one that thinks that the second picture of Serena while they were showcasing the trainer customization has what resembles Lyra's outfit?
Nope, I even took a screenshot of it to show and comment on neogaf:

cRj2OdH.png

I think it is a clear reference to Lyra's clothes and I hope there are more outfits that look like the ones of previous protagonists.

This customization thing looks seriously fun. I can't wait to become obsessed with changing clothes/hairstyles.

Something Im wondering: Will you be able to change hair color or just the style?
That was confirmed back in May.

This customization thing looks seriously fun. I can't wait to become obsessed with changing clothes/hairstyles.

Something Im wondering: Will you be able to change hair color or just the style?
That was confirmed back in May.

Yah there's even a screen shot on the site for the salon that shows options color and style on the menu.

I'm hoping the outfits are comprised of individual pieces and not just outfit sets. I figure it will be individual because stylizing seems to be a big part of this, but you never know. It's so good so far nothing can be this perfect..

I wonder if there's going to be any gameplay that works with the customization? Maybe at one point you need to disguise as Team Flare, for example, or have some effect in the next contest/musical/movie making stuff.

As long as there's a tophat available, I'm happy with everything (a monocle would be a nice bonus as well).

I'm hoping the outfits are comprised of individual pieces and not just outfit sets. I figure it will be individual because stylizing seems to be a big part of this, but you never know. It's so good so far nothing can be this perfect..
The site says you can choose from pre-made outfits or mix and match your own.

Individual pieces, huh? Style Savvy: Trendsetters has 15 different types of clothing you can stack on top of each other. I wonder how many XY will have?

I'm just going to guess:

- Hat
- Top (Shirts)
- Bottom (Pants/Shorts/Skirts)
- Shoes
- Accessories (e.g., Glasses, gloves)

I'd like it if we could layer the tops, having shirts, sweaters, jackets layering on each other rather than preset "tops".

I know it's not going to be as extensive as a fashion-focused game as Style Savvy, but I'm hoping for:

Headwear
Glasses
Top(outer)
Top(inner)
Gloves
Bottom
Socks
Footwear
Bag

...Looking at it, that's a lot of slots...

The site says you can choose from pre-made outfits or mix and match your own.

Thanks for the clarification! My tired eyes must have missed that part haha

Clearly, you can get different bags and some hats have different glasses.

-Fedoras. Who doesn't like fedoras?
-A trench coat and business suit, so we can dress up as Doctor Who.
-A ridiculously bad outfit that makes fun of the outrageousness of fashion shows.
-A Pokemon cosplay outfit. Knowing Nintendo, it will most likely consist of the starters, Pikachu, and whatever Serena's companion is.

Clothing is the perfect way for GF to implement Play Coins, in my opinion.

I hope there are clothing pieces from all the old player characters.

Running around Unova dressed with pajamas would be something I'd love to see. As for something that reflect me? Uh, I really like bike shorts I guess, like May's, but honestly, I just want to dress the PC with a outfit I wouldn't dress myself to go shopping. Serena's outfit looks cute, but it doesn't seem appropriate for a big adventure imo.

I wish they would make the older player characters' outfits available to buy/achieve in XY. I'd love to dress Serena with May's outfit or Lyra's Mario cosplay. Or how about having Nintendo characters-related outfits? I can't even imagine how many people would dress Calem (and maybe Serena) as Link. I'd want Samus' Varia Suit.

If you look in the one image they revealed it appears the player character is wearing a recolored version of Red's hat from the concept art. I believe your wish may possibly be answered.

There's also a boy shown with Red's haircut and Ethan's hoodie (in blue, again). And considering that there is a "Color" menu, it seems like we will be able to change each piece's coloring, so we could easily change that Red's hat and Ethan's hoodie into the proper colors and voilà, legacy clothing. And since it looks like each piece is chosen separately, we'll be able to combine the outifts (if indeed the ones from the video are legacy clothing and not just pieces that happen to resemble what previous PC's have worn) and have, let's say, Brendan's weird hat and Lucas' scarf plus Ethan's shorts all simultaneosly, which is even better.

However, probably I'll just cut Callem's hair and change his shades into actual spectacles (if that is possible), as other than that, he dresses pretty much as I do in real life (tall boots and boxy hat included), so I won't mess around with the feature that much. Probably I'll wear a tuxedo when I fight against the E4 so I could look dressed up on my Hall of Fame induction (I hope the HoF records not only your Pokémon, but also the players' look at the moment of induction).

I love how we have so many options for customization! It'll probably take me forever to finish this game since I'm going to spend so much time just changing my outfit:)

Back
Top Bottom