• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trainer Customization

I was actually talking about the way things are shaded. The blue hoodie has rounded shading near the chest which could go either way (big muscles and boobs bigger than an A cup) where as the red shirt/striped shirt combo has more of a straight across shading which usually indicates more of a skiny guy or a flat chest. I'm not saying guys don't have pectoral pectoral muscles or anything like that, it's just the shading in conjunction with the same bag strap placement seems a little different between the two.

shading.png

Then again maybe I'm just color blind or something.

I wanted to choose the male protagonist because it's been a little while since I used one but based on the customization I've seen of Serena I may change my mind...

For no reason whatsoever other than my own amusement, I hope there are cross-dressing capabilities.

For no reason whatsoever other than my own amusement, I hope there are cross-dressing capabilities.

Well, I've never seen any self respecting man wear a pair of capri's so I think your dream is close. ;p

im just gonna go ahead say this I HOPE THERE IS CAPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW bad @ss would that be walking around with a cape like Lance

I just want to be able to wear a striped sweater. Please and thank you.

The best time to wear a striped sweater is all the tiiiiiiiiiiime. One with a collar, turtleneck, that's the kiiiiiiind. 'CAUSE WHEN YOU'RE WEARING THAT... one... special... sweater...

On a more on topic note, I'm going to have really bushy brown hair and pants. Hopefully eyeglasses too.

Pants on a female PC. You have no idea how happy that makes me.

The best time to wear a striped sweater is all the tiiiiiiiiiiime. One with a collar, turtleneck, that's the kiiiiiiind. 'CAUSE WHEN YOU'RE WEARING THAT... one... special... sweater...

On a more on topic note, I'm going to have really bushy brown hair and pants. Hopefully eyeglasses too.

Team Flare suit, afro, shades, and a stache.

classy.

Gosh darn rebellious women, next you'll want to cover up your ankles!

I'm thinking there may be a boutique in all the towns with gyms. And if each boutique has around three clothing sets, plus any additional sets we get from just adventuring such as a tuxedo or pajamas. We may be looking at a lot of clothing options.

Hey guys, I want to bring this up here...wouldn't it be cool if we had the option to change into something that was like a tribute to other Nintendo characters, like a Mario or Link clothes for the male and then we'd have Samus-esque clothing for the female protagonist? That'd be awesome. @__@

Sorry if this was brought up already, didn't check previous pages. D:

Ugh. Just.....ugh. I said it from the start, I hate clothing customization with a passion. I always liked how you wore what you were given, and that's it. It made the adventure feel solitary, a lone man in a big world. Sure, its cool and neccessary for multiplayer, but it ruins single player.

... How does being alone in an adventure prevent you from buying clothes?

I mean, you can make named characters with set linear stories wear anything in other (strictly Single-Player) RPGs. Nowadays many being for nothing but aesthetic purposes.

This isn't any different. In fact, the inherently customizable nature of single player these games have (you can pick any pokémon, the character while arguably defined is open enough for proyection, the game progression itself tries to be open, and in all you're given like a billion choices: It's definitely not a sandbox, but it's loose in contrast to other RPGs) already throws the idea that clothing customization would ruin anything out of the window.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I want to bring this up here...wouldn't it be cool if we had the option to change into something that was like a tribute to other Nintendo characters, like a Mario or Link clothes for the male and then we'd have Samus-esque clothing for the female protagonist? That'd be awesome. @__@

If they have outfits from other Nintendo franchises, I think they should be wearable for both sexes. I also think the outfits should be able to be separated, so you could choose to only have Mario's cap or Link's tunic etc. instead of their complete outfits only.

Ugh. Just.....ugh. I said it from the start, I hate clothing customization with a passion. I always liked how you wore what you were given, and that's it. It made the adventure feel solitary, a lone man in a big world. Sure, its cool and neccessary for multiplayer, but it ruins single player.

Well, you don't have to customize your character, it's there for whoever wants to use it. Also, how is it ruining anything? If anything it makes it more unique and personal. Everyone plays the games differently and have their own experiences, and now that has taken a step further.

Kind of hoping for nothing to special since I kind of enjoy having my character dress like a normal person and not a bad cosplayer.

If they have outfits from other Nintendo franchises, I think they should be wearable for both sexes. I also think the outfits should be able to be separated, so you could choose to only have Mario's cap or Link's tunic etc. instead of their complete outfits only.

Well, you don't have to customize your character, it's there for whoever wants to use it. Also, how is it ruining anything? If anything it makes it more unique and personal. Everyone plays the games differently and have their own experiences, and now that has taken a step further.

Sadly, I doubt any Nintendo franchise outfits will make it in. Just look at Animal Crossing or Mii Plaza, they NEVER have any Pokémon outfits (and it drives me insane). Maybe it has something to do with Pokémon being GameFreak and not first-party Nintendo (even if they have an exclusive partnership).

Its just...........I got used to getting hyped for the PC's look, a look that will go with you for a generation. Now that's gone, and GF doesn't have to make an effort anymore to give the PC a special look. I mean they can, but they don't have to.

Its just...........I got used to getting hyped for the PC's look, a look that will go with you for a generation. Now that's gone, and GF doesn't have to make an effort anymore to give the PC a special look. I mean they can, but they don't have to.

Well, Xavier isn't too unique looking, but Yvonne has quite a different look from previous female player characters (the hair!). So there's still hope I'd say.

Im usually okay with the way the PC looks, but the male one in BW2 was unacceptable so trainer customization was needed.

Back
Top Bottom