• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trainer Gabriel's (BugMite's) Baldur's Gate LP series

Part 1

Trainer Gabriel

Reaction score
Hello, everyone on Bulbagarden! Today I just started a new Let's Play series on my YouTube channel that I have blogged to show before, under the username BugMite! This time it will be an LP series, live-streamed from Twitch, of the classic PC game Baldur's Gate!

For those of you who are unfamiliar with this game and would like to know what to get into if you decide to watch this series, Baldur's Gate is a computer Role-Playing Game (cRPG) with an isometric view set in the Forgotten Realms setting of Dungeons & Dragons based on the Advanced Second Edition rules of D&D. There is an Enhanced Edition of this game that was released early last decade, but I decided to play the original version, because there are fewer LP series of that version of the game that you'll find on YouTube.

So, without further ado, here's the first part of my playthrough of Baldur's Gate:

I know I'll have a fun time playing through this game, with its fairly large lineup of recruitable companions that I could swap in and out of my party at any time and optional areas to explore at my leisure - similar to a real D&D PnP campaign with friends! And I hope you have just as much fun following me on my adventure!

Part 2
The adventure begins, as I leave Candlekeep and head north to the Friendly Arm Inn to meet some friends of my foster father, Gorion!

Part 5
I return to the Friendly Arm Inn to return some belongings to a couple of people, then decide to travel east instead of back down south to Peldvale...only to come back banged up!

Part 6
Well, after daring to venture into an area as tough as Peldvale, I and the rest of my partying adventurers instead decide to head south toward our main objective: Nashkel!
This turned out to be quite a long video, but the trek made my whole party reach level 2!

Parts 8 & 9
Whelp... I didn't post my newest episode from yesterday, so now here's two new parts to watch!

First, the party ventures to the west of Nashkel toward the Gnoll Stronghold...

...and then arrives at the Gnoll Stronghold to rescue a captive mage held there of our newest ally!

Part 11
A day late for posting this, but now it's time to head to the Nashkel Mines!

Part 12
And now I have finished exploring the Nashkel Mines, thus ending Chapter 2 in the story!

Part 13
The group heads west of Nashkel and stumbles into a village of Xvarts!

This video shows the issue with the enemy respawns when saving in the classic version of BG.

Part 14
Part 17
Time to explore another area along the edge of the Sword Coast!

This video has more reloads than any previous video to date - the creatures in the area can be nasty foes in groups.

Parts 18 & 19
Two new videos again!

First, a trek through the an area (called the Red Canyon, according to the Wiki) where a Xleric of Cyric named Bassilus resides with his undead army:

Then, the Adventurers explore an area south and find the Captain of the Nashkel Guard, Brage...who may not be so guilty...

Part 20
Next part is up, which is basically just more exploring a ruins and going to the Lighthouse area until they're too wiped to continue:

Part 21
Today, the party stumbles into a field of basilisks by a mad gnome and visit a Halfling village:

Part 22
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom