• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Trainer Lodge General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
I figure since this is a new addition to the game that is being updated over time, why not have a place to talk about it?

Who do you have invited right now, and who do you have the highest friendship level with? What do you think of the side stories? Is there anyone you'd really like to be added in the future? Anything to do with the Lodge, put it here :enzap:

They are talking, what are they talking about.
sve.png

• Staff
So far I’ve been talking to Blue and only Blue lol. Need to spice it up maybe.

Also omg a conversation simulator??? I can finally learn conversation.
torchic are you me?
Tell me about it; I have Blue's friendship level at 124/160, Silver's at 20/100, and... that's it. I have a one-track mind :p

It might be a little late for it now that his event has passed, and I'm not entirely sure it's plausible, but I really hope we'll get to invite Ash eventually...
I also think the remaining regional champions and the Battle Subway twins are pretty likely additions, since it's basically all fan-favorite characters in here so far.

They are talking, what are they talking about.
judging from Steven's expression it looks like they're talking about him behind his back :wynaut:

Okay, big wall of text incoming, lol!

I haven’t really used it all that much. I’ve made some progress with Cynthia and I think Rosa, but I did 100/100 Sycamore because:
A) I really love Bulbasaur and was pumped that they specifically made an alt for just Bulbasaur, rather than as one that evolves or just or one of its evolutions. I mean, I don’t hate it’s evolutions—I actually have a Venusaur it both in Go and in Pokémon X and Ivysaur is beautiful—but there’s just something so charming about the little cabbage frog on its own.
2) Sycamore’s one of my favorite characters in this game—and probably my favorite in the franchise in general, and in a weird way, I felt kind of guilty for constantly using him because I’m a F2P player and am overall, too much of a strange combination of lazy and too busy to grind for better units. So, in a weird way, I kind of felt like I was repaying him a bit for constantly overworking him. I know that it’s all just pixels and polygons, but I don’t know.

Anyway, I think the side-stories are kind of interesting, but I think it’d be better if there was more to the stories. They just feel so short, unlike some of the other Sync Pair stories. I think its really funny that they tied in Cynthia’s pianos in with the actual storyline, and made them relaxing at that, seeing as how most players have basically been Pavlov-ed into going into a fight-or-flight response whenever her theme plays!

They actually went through with Mega-Evolution being cruel. I honestly can’t believe that they straight up had Sycamore face the fact that the very research that he was so passionate about for the past 8-9 years of his existence in the franchise was straight up animal cruelty. I mean, they hand-waved it by saying that he’d try to make it less painful, but dang, if it wasn’t mildly sad…especially since I use Megas ALL THE TIME in other games…

I think they’ll slowly trickle in more popular characters, but just didn’t want to overflow the roster in a way that may be too skewed in favor of one region over the others—Unova kinda gets a pass because there were two sets of games. I wonder how they select them, anyway. Do they have polls or a sample group?

I also like how you can kind of see some of the friendships between characters, if only through the Interaction feature. So it’s pretty cool that they took that one line from X and Y about Sycamore training under Rowan, like Cynthia, and now, according to the Interact feature, they’re like, really close friends based on how many points their names generate for each other—as many as some of their canonical best friends, like Lysandre, Diantha, and Caitlin—compared to other names in the Friend category. I really hope this is expanded on!

Tl;dr It’s pretty cool

But yeah. Do you think they’ll do this for EVERY character or just some?

I figure since this is a new addition to the game that is being updated over time, why not have a place to talk about it?

Who do you have invited right now, and who do you have the highest friendship level with? What do you think of the side stories? Is there anyone you'd really like to be added in the future? Anything to do with the Lodge, put it here :enzap:
I'm playing the Trainer Lodge in an unconventional way. I interact with one character, then the next, and the next, and so on with my lodge invited roster rotating every day. My challenge is to do as well as possible with every character and see which lodge pair I get first.

Currently Blue and Rosa tie for being in the lead for the highest level.

The side stories are super nice. I've played through all of them (except for Raihan's, of course). I think that Cynthia's is my favourite solely for the fact that it has a focus on piano music, which I'm all about. It's the only story with an exclusive theme, a beautiful arrangement of Rowan's theme (maybe it'd be better to dub it as the Sinnoh Region Theme).

Anyone I'd like to see added in the future? Honestly, I don't feel picky, but it'd be HILARIOUS if they had a villain to interact with and raise friendship levels with.

Anyone I'd like to see added in the future? Honestly, I don't feel picky, but it'd be HILARIOUS if they had a villain to interact with and raise friendship levels with.
I could see them going for Archie or Maxie, but my gosh if they went for some of the Omnicidal Edgelord Villains™️ that’d be hysterical! Imagine like, talking to Cyrus in the Pokémon Center and have him go on a big rant about why friendship and emotions are objectively bad, only to go to the Lodge and have him start sparkling with happiness when you hit Max Vibes!

So, I checked on my second team and literally EVERYONE was missing. But for some reason Kahili, Hala, Olivia, and Acerola were all chilling on the beach. I guess it’s because of the Bonus Event, but it was pretty surprising. I don’t know what they were talking about, but they were all laughing, so they must have been having fun… or plotting to take over my other expedition team lol

The Halloween expedition zone was a nice addition. Looking forward to the eventual Christmas zone.

Also, I realise it's a lot of work to add new characters to the lodge, but one per month still feels too slow. The wait for my favorites is gonna kill me.

Steven's preferred topics for the Trainer's Lodge are incredibly funny lmao. Like this dude, this man is straight up like "ew ninjas and math" (okay they're technically "interesting topics" but I take that to mean they're meh topics for the Trainer to talk about)

Steven's preferred topics for the Trainer's Lodge are incredibly funny lmao. Like this dude, this man is straight up like "ew ninjas and math" (okay they're technically "interesting topics" but I take that to mean they're meh topics for the Trainer to talk about)
Do you happen to have a list of them all, btw. I'd love to check them out, since I'm going for lv100 for him.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom