• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trainer Opening Animations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalkwriter

The non-erasable chalk
Reaction score
From studying the new Black 2/White 2 trailer, opening animations seem to have been reintroduced (well, the new Water-type gym leader has one, so I assume others will). Did you like them originally, or did you find them a bit gimmicky?

I like them. It also looks like the animations have more frames and are a lot smoother. (they used to have 3 frames)

I think the OP means the trainer animations, like when you first battle them. oAo I haven't noticed anything different.

I love the trainer animations, and I like that the ones in BW2 look like they're going to be much smoother. I would really love to see what Koga's entrance animation (the one where he ninja jumps into the screen) would look like in this style! I also hope that when trainers like gym leaders and your rival appear on screen to make some quip during battle, they are still animated then, maybe doing something different than their into animation?

I love it! They give the ordinary trainers more life, and it is a step up from Platinum, where only the important trainers have the animation. It helps that they are the fluid animation type, and not the "move around with a few frames" type, because it looks like a step above the previous one, if you ask me. I do have a soft spot for the few frames animation thing though, because it did improve how the battles looked in the past, namely Crystal and Emerald.

Thanks for reading.

It's certainly a step in the right direction, but, man, I wonder how many more animated sprites they can cram onto a DS cartridge...?

Finally, I was wondering when Game Freak were going to implement this. In addition to ordinary trainers getting animations, we'll also get to see the Gym Leaders and Elite four get them like before, which is nice.

I wonder if Hiker Anthony will blow the player character a kiss *shudder*

As much as I love these new animations, I fear it'll waste some of the space from the game's DS cartridge for other features, so they could've saved it for the 3DS titles.

I would've enjoyed higher-res pokemon backsprite images to this, but it's still a welcome change. Now I want to see if they've got any intro animations that can top Blaine's HgSs intro.

I think that they can fit, but they were left out of B/W intentionally to make B2/W2 look cooler. It worked.

I don't know... I mean, we have to see the opponent trainer move every time we battle? I prefer it if only the important NPCs have animations.

They don't take up that much space, nor do they take that long. Honestly, I see nothing to complain about here. I'm excited for this addition.

And now I just notice that "everyone" getting these opening animations includes all the returning characters recently revealed for the tournament of champions. More epic.

I like the new and smoother animations.

I am really excited to see the gym leaders, elite fours and the old champions and leaders animations.

I already loved getting to see the Kanto GL's new animations in HGSS, so this will be even more amazing! I really can't wait to see them, maybe in a trailer or something on Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom