• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Trainer/Player Character Customization Discussion

Looking at the tiny taste we have seen of customization so far, I wonder if jackets will be separate from shirts. We have seen a few outfits where the player has a top or dress on with a jacket or sweater over it. While it could very easily just be apart of the outfit, we still don't know this yet. I think it would be really cool if they added this separation, as it would allow for more customization options in the game.
Past me you are very observative and you have done well. Let me give you a pat on the head pat pat

For real though, I was not expecting to see Trainer Customization today and we saw Trainer Customization today. And I. am. floored. I love the fact that we can wear makeup just out now, and even having eyebrow customization is cool (I am disappoint that it seems male trainers do not get it).

Being able to see how the hair will turn out before picking out the option is so useful! That makes my life a million times either. I hate having to bring up a walkthrough everytime. And it looks like there are a lot of good options now. I just wish we could see all of them, and then I could actually figure out what I want my girl's look to be.

Those dresses too! Like oh my gosh I am never going to have any money for items or healing or Pokeballs or anything because it is going to all go to my fashion.

Just beautiful customization options so far. I also love you can make your own League Card. It seems this game is going to allow for even more personalization than ever before and letting the player express themselves through their Trainer's style. This is also a good development with regards to the closer involvement of player characters for example in the Wild Area. I just can't wait to buy ALL the clothes and spend hours assembling the right outfit :D

With the few seconds of customisation they had shown today, we can already tell that customisation in this game will be far superior to the letdown SM was. It seems we'll be getting a lot more hairstyles, and definitely a lot more hair and eye colours. It's also good that we can preview the hairstyles before getting them, something that should had been done since the beginning, and I could never work out why Gamefreak did it the way they did to begin with. I'm still hoping that we'll get some trench coat options as well (We really should, considering Galar is based on the U.K.)

Can I say that we can finally see the hairstyle before we pick? The fact that customization is made easier is so much better.

We need some actually decent midriff options for gloria. I was disappointed to see there were so few for moon.

Anyone got some of their looks down yet? I'm planning on a ceasar haircut, thick eyebrows, red varsity jacket, default pants, and these new shoes I saw in the japanese trailer

Last edited:
Anyone got some of their looks down yet? I'm planning on a ceasar haircut, thick eyebrows, red varsity jacket, default pants, and these new shoes I saw in the japanese trailer

I'm definitely going for that cute hairstyle seen at 1:07. Hopefully I don't need to beat the game to get it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx06810AI-o

Honestly, the girl on the left is close to the look I want to go with. Love love love, the jacket, love the ruffled bag, and I'm totally probably gonna have some knee high socks. I'll probably swap out the shirt and skirt for a dress and of course I must have my glasses.

style_female_art.jpg

lookin good! Is it just me, or did they scrap the "stylish quiff" hairstyle for boys that was features in sun and moon? If so, that might be the only downer.

The customization in this game looks pretty much perfect. My only complaint is that the options are different for each gender, but it was obvious that it would be that way.

Something I just realized, despite posting the pics myself, is that the hairstyle shown in the selection screen for male trainers is ‘medium and wavy’ with the last one being ‘long’. Both are called long in Italian, so I assumed they’d be on the same length, while it seems to not be the case.

Darn, no long twintails option, rip. Anyways, a lot of the hairstyles look great, and so do the clothes.

Oh my goodness, the clothes look really good in this game! Seems like they added a lot more different styles compared to what we got in SM. They look a lot more detailed too, with all the different patterns and the coloring on the shorts and jeans that make them seem kind of like actual denim.

I wonder if Bea and Allister's gym uniforms will be version exclusive? I hope not, because the purple gym top looks kind of cute.

Looking at the improved customization, I might actually take a greater interest in dressing up my character. Last gen I could care less about my looks, and I only changed my character’s outfit (and never my haircut nor hair/eye color) in UM to flex on people with my nurse joy outfit, which was eventually downgraded to just the cap anyway.

Tfw you realize you can finally dress up like one of your favorite 2hu characters

Okay, the clothing options are definitely better than SM/USUM. I'm disappointed that there's less customization options for the male character - and no makeup (or male-only equivalent feature to makeup) but at least the wardrobe that I'm seeing is an improvement.

Okay, the clothing options are definitely better than SM/USUM. I'm disappointed that there's less customization options for the male character - and no makeup (or male-only equivalent feature to makeup) but at least the wardrobe that I'm seeing is an improvement.

I feel like either Gamefreak must lean on the traditional side or they're worried about offending parents who do. I can't see any other reason.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom