• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Trainer/Player Character Customization Discussion

I'm not sure most people want to play a fat character, to be honest. Maybe.

That's just unfair.
I agree. I think they just have the perspective that male players aren’t as interested in customizing their characters as female players. Because while we can debate that giving makeup option to male trainers could cause some issues, or that it’s due traditional/conservative values from GF, giving less hairstyles options to male trainers compared to female trainers doesn’t fit with either explanations.

I do hope that in the future they give each the same number of options.

Either way, my trainer would be super skinny because that's how my body is in real life. I will already make an effort to give him green eyes just like I did with the previous two generations.

My build is basically what the default protagonists already tend to look like, but I think having more freedom in terms of designing your character and expressing yourself no matter how you look can only be a good thing.

Due to the typical narrative of Pokémon games, I doubt we'll ever be able to adjust the player's age, but I think everything else should be as open and flexible as possible.

Saints Row the Third had the most unbelievable but great customisation option way back in 2011...we're in 2019 and GF still thinks that customisation is more of a girly thing. How that artwork for XY was just so accurate of their ideas.

Yes. I also saw one of the girls wearing Allister's clothes in another pic. We can most likely cosplay as important characters such as the Gym Leaders.
Your comment made me wonder if we will have a couple of pokemon costume options. or at least pokemon ear/face hats.
these are the only ones from the games that I can currently remember and idk what they are called.

Your comment made me wonder if we will have a couple of pokemon costume options. or at least pokemon ear/face hats.
View attachment 124674 these are the only ones from the games that I can currently remember and idk what they are called.
The first one is a Poké Kid from Gen IV, the second is a Poké Fan from RSE, and the third one is a Poké Maniac, also from RSE.

You'd be wrong

Wrong in saying "I'm not sure. Maybe." ? How could I be wrong in not being sure but being open to the possibility? I should not be sure most people would prefer playing a fat character in the absence of evidence.

Wrong in saying "I'm not sure. Maybe." ? How could I be wrong in not being sure but being open to the possibility? I should not be sure most people would prefer playing a fat character in the absence of evidence.
Well, when I was fat I wanted a character like that in Rock Band 2. I ended up looking anorexic in that game, and I didn't like it.

Well if I had the option I would probably make my character fat. I am me and me being fat is part of me -O- I'd also pick super short and an older age too.
still trying to figure out how to do shrug emojis..

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom