• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Trainer/Player Character Customization Discussion

I'm not certain if posts pertaining to League Cards fit here, but I'll post anyway.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I remember correctly, supposedly League Cards have some information regarding the person on them. I think it would be pretty neat if you could select a nature, characteristic, first region/game, favorite region, favorite typing, favorite Pokemon, favorite Galar starter, favorite curry flavor, perfect team, and trainer class to be displayed on the "back" of the card, as well as sign them if you've beaten the league. Basically like one of those trainer cards from Pokécharms, but with far more customization and information on them.
View attachment 126376

It'd be pretty boring if you got League Cards from other players and they had almost zero information on them.

That would be really cool, though I personally think that's a bit much. I hope you'll be able to put at least a bit about yourself on the card. I'm not really into sports, but don't baseball cards describe the way the person plays or something along those lines? It would be great if we could do something similar, like put our battle style on the card.

I hate to double post, but being obsessed with how the customization looks in this game, I just love going back to look at the trailers to anaylze them and see if there's anything I missed.

So, I noticed in this trailer the shoes Gloria wears at :08 match Victor's bag at :15. And it's a bit hard to see, but the Victor who comes in at :08 seems to have socks which match his own bag. It's almost like clothing/accessory sets and I LOVE this. It looks like they really wanted to make sure we'd be able to coordinate our outfits really well with everything available to us. It'll be really fun coming up with outfits in this game and I just cannot wait :bulbaLove:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOW4tBn83JY

i hadn't even watched the Japanese trailer for customization, but it looks like there's actually a decent number of options for male hairs. pretty nice. seems like GF (finally) hit the sweet spot for customization.

i hadn't even watched the Japanese trailer for customization, but it looks like there's actually a decent number of options for male hairs. pretty nice. seems like GF (finally) hit the sweet spot for customization.
Heh, there’s Decent options in terms of styles (and the last one not shown should be reasonably long), but we still got the short end of the stick compared to the options for female characters, there are quite more options.

I don't think I'll put much stock in that until later.

After all, there aren't any player characters called Xavier and Yvonne.

I don't think I'll put much stock in that until later.

After all, there aren't any player characters called Xavier and Yvonne.

No, they definitely call them that. Victor and Gloria are the most commonly used names. Unlike Xavier and Yvonne that were used like once or twics and in early screen shots to boot.

That honor goes Sword and Shield this time around. Which have been in screenshots and were the extra pair of names in the raids/pop up notifications.

I mean that and there's no male name that has 'glory' in it. So it can't exactly be Victoria and a non-existent name. Because it being anything other than victory and glory this time and at this stage, just seems weird.

the (game) canon names will be whatever the game throws the opposite PC character as. promo material names aren't worth anything. if they are given no names, then the canon names are just the name of the games.

latest

latest

Oh really? And yet, we refer to the SM protagonists as Elio and Selene, despite no such evidence of those being their names exists in game.

Oh really? And yet, we refer to the SM protagonists as Elio and Selene, despite no such evidence of those being their names exists in game.
they're referred as such simply because it caught on, because people didn't realize that the real names of the characters came from the games themselves and not marketing materials. as a nod to that, USUM promotional materials refer to Sun and Moon as different names from Elio and Selene; if they had kept the latter two names maybe there's a case for marketing materials being canon, but the only time the names have been made canon is when they've had the PC character opposite in the game.

they're referred as such simply because it caught on, because people didn't realize that the real names of the characters came from the games themselves and not marketing materials. as a nod to that, USUM promotional materials refer to Sun and Moon as different names from Elio and Selene; if they had kept the latter two names maybe there's a case for marketing materials being canon, but the only time the names have been made canon is when they've had the PC character opposite in the game.
I guess we could get confirmation on their names if they’re ever put into Pokémon Masters

After watching the Japanese trailer again, I feel like we're getting a good combination of complex and flashy clothing articles and more simple and subdued ones.

Damn. Even the guys are adorable.

And also posh. As all british people should be. (I'm kidding).

Is there an option to make your hair orange, like natural red hair? Especially since two of the first characters revealed for this game have that hair colour

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom