• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Trainer/Player Character Customization Discussion

I'd love to dress as past protagonists. Especially if we can mix-match elements of their costumes. Double especially if there is no male/female only clothing. DAWN MUST FINALLY HAVE PANTS!!

Also seconding umbrellas. Umbrellas are cute accessories. They could also have some really nice designs. Also on any rainy routes I'd feel less bad for my trainer. xD

A funny idea I just had would be for the backpacks. How about one that's shaped like a bagpipe? I mean, both of the current bag designs look like suitcases (or something along those lines), and since Galar incorporates Scotland in its design (and, for bonus points, the PC comes from the Scotland side of the map), why not a bagpipe-style backpack for an extra bit of fun?

What I want and I'm 99 percent sure won't happen is customization on the level of Pokemon battle Revolution. For example we have a bunch of 'base' body types and then a variety of custom options to make them their own when it comes to online. I don't expect so in game, but something like that for online battles and such would be a step up but its asking for too much with GF.

More options for the male and no version exclusive clothing items, please lmao.

Oh yes, this so much. Or if they do choose to add some version exclusive stuff, make it just a few things. I honestly wouldn't mind a shirt here and a pair of pants there being version exclusive, but the majority of the clothes should be in both versions. And dear Lord don't do any changed based on color. Having nothing but bright ass colors to work with the majority of time was torture in Sun.

Sadly, I think that character customization has been removed.

So you think the part of the game where you choose the hair and skin color of the PC is gone, or you think the part of the game where you buy different clothes and change into them (along with hairstyles) is gone? Or both?

So you think the part of the game where you choose the hair and skin color of the PC is gone, or you think the part of the game where you buy different clothes and change into them (along with hairstyles) is gone? Or both?
Sadly, both. I think that it doesn't make sense to have customization in this game due to the heavy focus on sports.

He thinks so because you are apparently forced to use a special outfit during Gym Battles. That would be like saying customization would not come back in Gen VII because you are forced to use a special outfit during Poké Ride.

It's going to be like Pokeride and Contests, where you change into a specific outfit just for those facilities. I highly doubt GF would erase the ability to play as different races just because sports are involved, and even within the sports fandom, it's commonly considered to be something that brings many different types of people together.

After cutting customization from ORAS, they never did it again. In LGPE, the remake of the most "sacred" region to them, they didn't pull the "customization was only for that region" excuse. They let you change your race and outfit, even if it was only by a relatively lessened degree, despite that feature not being available in the originals. They even gave players both the anime and game versions of the Team Rocket outfit. I think those features are safe in SwSh. They know how much people love it. (Shame that the message doesn't reach them for following Pokemon, but whatever. :V )

I think customization is in the same league as playing as a girl at this point. It can't be easily cut without a lot of people getting mad.

ALso give us more face decor options. Real + fake mustaches for all! Makeup for all!

Oh dang what if we could have accessories. Like bracelets or necklaces or maybe even something sillier like visible things to hang pokeballs on like a bandolier. xD

And! Let us have backpacks or bags that are not all just "Original Purse/Backpack slightly edited". Maybe my character doesn't want to be carrying around a purse. Maybe that guy over there wants a beautiful frill/bejeweled bag?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom