• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Trainer/Player Character Customization Discussion

Playing through Pokemon X again because why not. Gosh, while I did love having lots of color options for the character customization in Gen 7, I think I much prefer most of the outfit choices for Gen 6. Just a lot more diversity with the kinds of styles. And wow I have missed dresses a lot. I have to say it is annoying sometimes when I am looking for a certain piece of clothing, but it's only out on a certain day. But I would much rather have that then version exclusive colors. So if Gen 8 were to bring back one of these two hindrances, I would prefer the weekday exclusive items. I really just hope we can buy anything any day.

Also (and I possibly mentioned this before, I can't remember), but can we please have changing rooms in the Pokemon Centers again? It was quite annoying in Sun and Moon when I wanted to change my style and I had to backtrack to a shop if I wanted to (worse if I had to talk it) I mean K know we're on smaller islands, but when there is a million miles of grass between me and the town with the clothing shop, that can still take a while.
Or change instantly like in Let’s Go.

At least something about Sword and Shield is revealed during this period of drought, even if it's small compared to what we're waiting for.

It’s just been revealed that the person violated the rules so the design won’t even get in (he apparently was already selling it before the competition. That means the competition was apparently for nothing as none of the designs will be getting in and the information meant nothing in the long run.

It’s just been revealed that the person violated the rules so the design won’t even get in (he apparently was already selling it before the competition. That means the competition was apparently for nothing as none of the designs will be getting in and the information meant nothing in the long run.
Yeah. All we got from that is that character customization will return.

I would love to see Character Cutomization get a lot better and I think they could make it better on the Switch. Here are some things I want to see:
Multiple very short hairstyles for girls including Pixie cuts, etc
Longer hair for boys
Jewelry/more accessories
No version exclusive colors/etc
Unnatural hair/eye colors
I just want the options to get better in general as they were quite bland IMO in SM and USUM

Well, we have confirmation that customization is back. Not only are there four versions of the PC, but we saw a couple different styles of hats, clothes, and backpacks in the Direct. So, I think we can all rest easy now knowing that customization is back. The only thing that I'm still worried about is the amount of customization available. Will it have the same level as XY? Or will it be limited and even restricted in some cases like Gen 7? And will girls get more customization options than boys? Or will they finally even things out between the genders? That's what I want to know.

Gives us the same number of options for boys and girls and in great number, give us Team pieces of clothing, Trainer classes and previous player characters as this last one as post-game bonuses.
Also, give the option to change clothes at our own home!

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom