• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Trainer/Player Character Customization Discussion

Girls better have a lot of dress options. We haven't see dresses since XY so I want to see a bunch here.
Agreed! I missed the dress options a lot in SMUSUM. Like, more than I expected to miss them.

I can't wait to see more customization for cooler weather too. I also missed that a lot in Gen 7, as Alola is primarily very warm. It would have been neat to see some little shop built on top of Mount Lanakila that offered some warm clothes.

Looking at the tiny taste we have seen of customization so far, I wonder if jackets will be separate from shirts. We have seen a few outfits where the player has a top or dress on with a jacket or sweater over it. While it could very easily just be apart of the outfit, we still don't know this yet. I think it would be really cool if they added this separation, as it would allow for more customization options in the game.

I'm expecting a lot of cold weather outfits in this game- maybe the dress coats from XY will come back.

We finally have some more news on customization. And while it seems to be generally improved, it displays a disparity in options between male and female characters.

Starting from the hair choices, there are clearly a lot less for males then females.

There should be 2-3 more hairstyle for female trainers, as well as one more option related to hair that it wasn’t shown in the trailer.

Other then that, for those interested, it doesn’t seem that there’ll be makeup options for male trainers.

However, it appears that almost all of the hair colors and styles from Sun & Moon are coming back.
Yes, it seems so.
If I recall, there’s only a boutique in the first town, not an hair stylist, right? It means we’d have to wait for getting in the industrial city (which is where is speculated by some we’d go after the first town as there the Gym challenge may start in terms of Rose announcing it), to change hairs and appearance.

With the information shown on League cards, the camp and all the fairly decent customization options (for males) it seems we're back at XY levels when it comes to player-to-player communications/variety from what's noted so far. I gladly welcome that (back).

I must say, I am BLOWN AWAY. This is such an amazing level of customization. Jackets being separate from the top, pretty dresses, gloves, makeup, eye colors, different eyebrows and lashes. It's all so great. And thank the LORD, it doesn't seem we have to fool around with version exclusive colors. And for their hair, I LOVE that we can see what the style and color will look like before getting it done. It also looks like they brought back styles from Sun and Moon, nice. Add in the fact that we have the league cards with all of those amazing poses, just make the whole thing so much better. Well done developers, this is truly great :bulbaLove:

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom