• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Trainer/Player Character Customization Discussion

Wrong in saying "I'm not sure. Maybe." ? How could I be wrong in not being sure but being open to the possibility? I should not be sure most people would prefer playing a fat character in the absence of evidence.

A majority of people would like to play as a character that resembles them, which would in turn increase their immersion in the game.

No one noticed that we can FINALLY have pink hair? It’s pink. I saw the word “pink” in the female hair section :’) I am crying!!

I hope we are allowed to edit our character after selecting a preset. It’s just a little annoying to be forced to play with a character that doesn’t look exactly likely me for the beginning of the game—especially when other games allow (almost) full customization right at the start—and be forced to pay in-game currency just to make my character look more like me. I can understand locking unnatural hair colors like purple or cyan from the beginning, but can I please just play as a character with brown hair and blue eyes at the start instead of a character with brown hair and brown eyes or blonde hair and blue eyes...

I hope we are allowed to edit our character after selecting a preset. It’s just a little annoying to be forced to play with a character that doesn’t look exactly likely me for the beginning of the game—especially when other games allow (almost) full customization right at the start—and be forced to pay in-game currency just to make my character look more like me. I can understand locking unnatural hair colors like purple or cyan from the beginning, but can I please just play as a character with brown hair and blue eyes at the start instead of a character with brown hair and brown eyes or blonde hair and blue eyes...
Completely agree, it's ridiculous that I need to go to shops just to make my character's eyes green.

Well I never make characters that look anything like me because I hate how I look. And you before you say anything, I really disagree with the idea that you have to just accept the way you look or you're wrong.

Due to the typical narrative of Pokémon games, I doubt we'll ever be able to adjust the player's age, but I think everything else should be as open and flexible as possible.
Narrative aside, I do think age customization should be limited at least so they aren't too young.

Well I never make characters that look anything like me because I hate how I look. And you before you say anything, I really disagree with the idea that you have to just accept the way you look or you're wrong.
That is ok. but I dont think there is anything wrong with having a one of those sliding scales for weight (and height) like the miis had. it is just an additional option that is nice to have.

What's the phrase we are our own worst critics. Most people hate how they look sadly its just a part of life. I personally hate various parts of myself even though people around me say I'm beautiful. We are all very vain creatures.

That is ok. but I dont think there is anything wrong with having a one of those sliding scales for weight (and height) like the miis had. it is just an additional option that is nice to have.

I never meant I didn't prefer having the option. I do prefer having the option. Sorry, I forgot to make that clear with my original post because I thought it was obvious.

I usually make my character at least somewhat different from me, depending on who they are. Whenever I play through a new adventure, I like to kind of set up a little story in my head to go along with it, and I'll give my trainers their own personality. It's a way for me to work on character development while I am not writing. So, I like to do all sorts of different looks for different characters.

I really like the default hair and eyes on the girl trainer, so I might stick with that for awhile, but I also like the caramel blonde hair that is longer on one side, and the green or maroon eyes. As for my outfit, I'll probably switch it around a lot, but I really like this one here.

or here (minus the gloves and hat)

OMG GLOVES. <3 I hope we get all kinds of gloves.

Y'all got no idea how much I love allowing my character to wear lipsticks and stuff. Because even that small little detail helps me feel less like I'm controlling a baby who should not be allowed to wander the entire countryside by themselves.

Also I hope we get some absolutely ridiculously frilly cute clothes. Because sometimes I want my character to look absurdly girly.

They've made big, BIG improvements to customization and I'm loving it.

BUT, they really need to get rid of gender-locked anything and everything. There's absolutely no need. Why can't I wear makeup if I'm playing as the masculine-looking character? I guess I can also assume the clothing is gender-locked, too. They really need to learn from Animal Crossing. SMH

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom