• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Trainer/Player Character Customization Discussion

Any more Pokemon cosplays? I hope they aren't limited to just popular Pokemon. I know they can't make the cosplay for every single Pokemon, but I would like to at least see an indication that they won't just make stuff that resembles popular Pokemon.

The other two are also likely filler trainers. They greatly resemble either the Rangers or Ace Trainers of a previous generation.

Really hoping these make it to other countries; so far it’s a Japanese pre-order bonus only.
E9F3AD6A-897F-44F8-B081-EB32F0F3235A.jpeg

In general I prefer the outfits we've seen in these games over Sun and Moon. I really wasn't a fan of the clothing options in that game.

I think this is the first time we have access to some brighter hair colours as well? Which is cool.

The other two are also likely filler trainers. They greatly resemble either the Rangers or Ace Trainers of a previous generation.
That's highly unlikely based on the information given unless the Poke Kid trainer class makes a return from Gen IV.

That's highly unlikely based on the information given unless the Poke Kid trainer class makes a return from Gen IV.
Who says it won't? I mean the original pokekid was a Pikachu. Them being an Eevee now would make a lot of sense given how Eevee is the second mascot now. There's also the chance of the mythical Gen IV remakes this gen. So if the hype is true we would be seeing a lot of returning trainers that only showed up once since then.

Not to mention lot of the reactions from the commentators I've been seeing are about how how we can "finally dress as eevee!" But no one reviewer from the actual 90 minute playthroughs has mentioned it.

Besides, filler trainers have been confirmed for a long time for those who play offline or online with nobody around.

The only other thing that it could be is like how on PSS you could set your icon to a pre-existing trainer. Maybe if you do that in these games, you get the whole model too.

The customization seems quite honestly amazing in this game and i cant wait to test it out. Also i know its a bit too much to ask for but it would be so cool if they somehow managed to add Ash/Brocks or Mistys costumes in game as some exclusive

you wanted customizatio then don't complain about low amount of pokemon , forms , moves and abilities... hope they use at least custimaztion files and some stuff to avoid making all from the scratch...

you wanted customizatio then don't complain about low amount of pokemon , forms , moves and abilities... hope they use at least custimaztion files and some stuff to avoid making all from the scratch...
There previous games were with customisation and all the Pokemon. Your remark doesn’t make sense.

Customization, while cool and a thing I love, in no way makes up for the lack of a national des. Granted, I don't care all that much but still.

Different clothes take up a fraction of what 15 diffrent models of 800+ pokemon do. Having more customization options isn't the reason Dexit happened.

If anything I say it was because the bigger towns, trying to optimize the games to be less laggy when more than 2 models are on the screen, overworld encounters, and testing out the movable camera in the wild area which means having a 360° skybox, background, and middleground instead of just half or a quarter viewable to the player.

I usually play as male characters in pokemon games, but after seeing how much the female clothes are serving and how many options there are for them I think I may create a female character this gen.

Not certain if this appropriate here, but since there’s no League Card thread (to my knowledge)...

I’m a little disappointed that no Z-move poses are available as possible poses for your League Card. I like a lot of them and I think it would’ve been a neat little callback.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom