• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Trainers of Fanfiction June 2018

Misfit Angel

Normal is an illusion
Reaction score
The Writers Workshop
CyC8vMS.png

A community event focused around your characters!​

Welcome to the June 2018 edition of Trainers of Fanfiction! For those of you unaware of what this is, Trainers of Fanfiction is a community event that focuses on the characters created by our talented Writers Workshop authors! These characters will be given interviews, offering them a chance to dive into their backgrounds, or look at some of the unexplored lore of the story they're from. We've got a whole host of characters that'll be featured this month, let's get to meeting them!

Character List

Last edited:
Alisha Renadier
Supporting character of Different Eyes
8DP4gUG.png

Photo taken inside the Perihelion Association corporate headquarters

Interviewer: Aside from your job recruiting pokémon for Perihelion, what is your biggest dream in life, and are you on the road to achieving that dream at all?

Alisha Renadier: I guess one day I'd like to retire and do some philanthropy. You know, charity stuff like medical support for wild pokémon or educating kids about pokémon. I do good work now, but I don't exactly get to pick and choose, so it'll be nice to work for real goals and not the paycheck. It's not a difficult dream to achieve if I keep up what I'm doing, honestly. Catch me in twenty years' time hosting conferences for rewilding efforts!

Interviewer: During your travels, you've surely had several memorable experiences. What would you say has been your most treasured memory from this adventure?

Alisha Renadier: The first time I helped a pokémon find a place in our rehabilitation program was magical for me. Every time I drive down to some local pokémon shelter, I'm chasing the feeling I had that first time. It's the best feeling in the world to change a life for the better.

Interviewer: What do you consider your strongest trait? Your weakest? Have these traits helped or hindered your journey in any way?

Alisha Renadier: I think my strength is in persuasion. I'm very good at getting along with people, so I'm often assigned roles which require a diplomatic touch. What I really like doing with that skill is finding potential recruits for my organisation, whether pokémon or human. As for weaknesses, well, I don't have much ambition. I like what I do, and I expect I could keep doing it for years, even though there's some pressure from upstairs to move on up. I'm putting it off for now.

Interviewer: The Perihelion Association is known for being a reticent organisation. Do you have any secrets yourself that you'd like to share?

Alisha Renadier: I certainly do, but I couldn't possibly tell you! Let's just say that what you see here is something of an 'illusion'. That's enough of a hint! I'm afraid I can't answer any questions about Perihelion either, except to say that I wouldn't work anywhere else.

Windy
Protagonist of Windswept Hair
QEWg4UN.png

Photo taken outside of the Devon Corporation headquarters in Rustboro, Hoenn

Interviewer: Aside from pokémon training, what is your biggest dream in life, and are you on the road to achieving that dream at all?

Windy: Well, I'm a trainer, and what you could call my 'impressive' battle style could also be used in coordination. I've actually loved watching contests all my life! My first contest is on June 12th, and I'm really looking forward to it!

Interviewer: Have you ever gotten a call from a close friend or family member that is concerned for your safety? How have you tried to calm those fears?

Windy: Oh, tons of times. In fact, 10 minutes after I left for Olddale Town, my mom called me asking if I was okay! I replied, 'Listen, I'm not going to be killed by a pokemon or something so don't be worried.'

Interviewer: Alright! Last question for the day! What do you consider your strongest trait? Your weakest? Have these traits helped or hindered your journey in any way?

Windy: Oh, I'm great with technology. I have a friend who lives back in Johto who does tech support too. The two of us run a tech server on Discord--

Interviewer: What's Discord?

Windy: Um... like big group chats clumped together in one program. Anyways, being good with technology and having a Water-type Pokemon do not mix. At all. I hope Muddy evolves soon because he has a ground type, and that'll certainly help. To answer your question, yes, my technology skill has helped and hindered my journey!

Brock Harrison
Protagonist of Pokemon Shine Diamond
trvrmBl.png

Photo taken on the quiet shores of Lake Valor, Sinnoh

Interviewer: To you, what does it mean to be a hero? Do you see yourself as one?

Brock: To me, a hero is someone who strives to defend what is good and pure. That being said, that can involve stepping on a few toes to accomplish that. Heroes need not always be paragons of virtue, either. They can have flaws, and they can make mistakes. But they can use their flaws and mistakes to grow as a person.

Interviewer: During your travels, you've been to many interesting places. What would you say has been your favorite so far?

Brock: Oh my...that is a very hard question. If I had to pick one, it would probably be Ecruteak City. Not only did I win my green Lore Stripe for the Johto Lore Stage there, but Ash and Misty unlocked the power of Mega Evolution, I learned to play the vina (a kind of ancient harp common to Kanto and Johto), we got the chance to act in an ancient style of theater, and forged a rock-solid friendship with the Kimono Girls.

Interviewer: During your travels, you've had several memorable experiences. What would you say has been your most treasured memory from this adventure?

Brock: Being crowned a Master of Lore in Shinou's Fantasy Stage and being inducted into the Global Storymaster's Association. Both of those were the culmination of a lifelong dream I've had since I was little--being a pro storyteller.

Interviewer: What do you consider your strongest trait? Your weakest? Have these traits helped or hindered your journey in any way?

Brock: I consider my strongest point to be my wisdom, and my weakest point to be falling a little too hard for ladies I don't know well. Singing for ladies actually spurred one of my sweetest adventures--cheering up a depressed Pikachu named Sugar.

Tessa the Riolu
Protagonist of PMD: Guiding Light
1poor7x.png

Interviewer: Aside from working for the Horizon Guild, what is your biggest dream in life, and are you on the road to achieving that dream at all?

Tessa: My dream is... um... to be honest, I don't think I really have one. I've been so lonely over these last few months. It feels like I wake up in the morning and just go through the motions of a daily routine... not really putting any thought into it. At one point, I dreamed of being an explorer and getting my name out there. But after hearing what Mom told me... I just don't feel like it's possible. I've pinned what tiny bit of hope I have left on my partner's insistence that we're both destined to be famous heroes. It's... really the only reason I can tolerate Vulpix, but even that's wearing thin. I'm not even sure I really buy that he was a human. It's all so confusing.

Interviewer: To you, what does it mean to be a hero? Do you see yourself as one?

Tessa: Being a hero means trying to do the right thing... even when the odds seem insurmountable. Dad emphasized that point every time he told me about how Team Poképals saved Dialga and Temporal Tower... or what the Expedition Society did to stop Dark Matter. There were times when things seemed completely hopeless, but in those situations, no one ever gave up. They kept pushing on and eventually overcame the odds. That's what sets folks like them apart from someone like me. I... can't do that. I couldn't even work up the courage to join the Horizon Guild on my own, when everyone else in my family was a member at some point.

Tessa: I don't have any strong traits, really. Before she left Horizon, Mom told me my aura sense was weak. She said I was unteachable... and I should expect to remain a Riolu my whole life. And, well, she's been an explorer for years. So, she's probably right. I mean... I've been able to make it through a few battles working for the guild. I even learned Force Palm, after years of failing to do it while training with Mom. But I'm not sure how much better I can do than that. I can't even use any ranged attacks, for heaven's sake. Vulpix keeps gushing about me... like he thinks I'm something special because of my species. It just makes me feel even worse. I wish he'd stop, but I can't get him to listen. And, well, if he really is human... then maybe something good can come from partnering with him?

Interviewer: What sorts of expectations do you think people have for you? Do you ever find yourself thinking about whether or not you can meet those expectations?

Tessa: Everyone sets bars so high for me that I'm never going to reach them. My guild mates expect me to be this powerful, amazing explorer like my mom. But I'm not much of a battler. And every minute I spend in the guild just reminds me of the fact that Mom's gone and I don't know if she's going to come back. It gets even worse when I think about Dad and my brother. I guess that's why I had so much trouble joining in the first place. And then there's Vulpix, who thinks I'm just going to magically sprout up into a Lucario and start flinging Aura Spheres around and... I dunno... walk on water or something. He's always got this starry-eyed look abut him when he's around me. He's convinced we're the next Team Poképals. It sounds completely ridiculous... but I've latched onto that idea. To be famous like them... and have tons of friends? I guess it'd be a dream come true.

Lucas Aloe
Protagonist of A World in Black and White (coming soon!)
0XupXUA.png

Photo taken in Rondez View Park in Nimbasa City, Unova

Interviewer: Aside from your main goal of Pokémon training, what is your biggest dream in life, and are you on the road to achieving that dream at all?

Lucas: Huh… You know I never really thought about it. Even the Pokemon League is just something I’m doing for fun. I guess I’ve always just gone from one thing to the next and never really thought about anything long term. Sorry, but I really don’t think I could answer that one.

Interviewer: Have you ever gotten a call from a close friend or family member that is concerned for your safety? How have you tried to calm those fears?

Lucas: Yeah, given how things went a few days before I left, mom’s been kinda on my case about that. I’ve bumped into Team Plasma a couple times since then, and she tends to find out. I kinda tend to lie to her about it. I’ll tell her that they attacked me, or that I was just walking around and they showed up. And, I mean, that’s kinda true, to an extent. I dunno, I guess I just don’t want her to worry. You can uhh… You can edit this part out right?

Lucas: Am I allowed to answer with my impulsiveness for both? It’s got me into some messes, like the aforementioned Team Plasma stuff, but it’s also led to some good things, like how I met one of my Pokemon. So, yeah, I’d say my impulsiveness.

Interviewer: You're the son of the Nacrene Gym Leader, Lenora, correct? What's it like to have such a famous figure as a parent?

Lucas: I dunno, what’s it like to have a parent who’s not? She’s super supportive I guess? When I was a kid I’d jump from one thing to the next, and she’d always support me in whatever I was doing that week. She’s pretty protective too. She’s just a great mom all things considered.

Evelina Joy
Protagonist of The Long Walk
R7etsAF.png

Photo taken within the Goldenrod Underground, Johto

Interviewer: Aside from winning the Tigerlily Tourney, what is your biggest dream in life, and are you on the road to achieving that dream at all?

Evelina Joy: I don't know if I have a big dream in life ... almost all the girls in my family settle down and have a bunch of kids. I don't mind the idea of being married. Well, yeah, maybe I am young to be thinking of this, but sooner or later we end up thinking of this. Doesn't really matter anyway. Boys are not the first thing on my mind right now.

Interviewer: During your travels, you've had several memorable experiences. What would you say has been your most treasured memory from this adventure?

Evelina: The day we left Azalea Town. The town in the spring is so pretty. I'd just won a Hive Badge, and it was just me and Josh. There were thousands of azaleas flowering. It was ... a perfect moment.

Interviewer: During your travels, you've been to many interesting places. What would you say has been your favourite so far?

Evelina: Oh, easy, right here in the Sunshine City. I mean, you can get steak and eggs here at midnight! Good steak and eggs. And how cool does the Underground want to be? No, no, wait, best place in Goldenrod's been May Day celebrations here at Eostre Great Shine!

Interviewer: Does May Day hold any special meaning for you?

Evelina: I love May Day! What's not to love about a festival when, um ... nocturnal activities are a kind of prayer? [Giggles]. That's not the only reason. You know his roselia germinated on May Day night? Queen Eostre was up to something.

Lawrence Stephenson the Lucario
Protagonist of PMD: Unequivocant
4T0v834.png

Photo taken in the Kaena Woods, Serenita

Lawrence: A hero is someone who does the right thing, even if it takes sacrifice. It doesn't have to be much, but as long as you're helping someone, you become a better person. Before, I just tried to help in little ways, like giving food or a bit of cash. Now I'm literally saving lives.

Everyone seems to think that I'm a hero, even if I certainly don't feel like one. It's really a case of mistaken identity, considering that I'm a Lucario; they're known for their hero work here in Equivos.

Interviewer: During your travels across Equivos, you've been to many interesting places. What would you say has been your favorite so far?

Lawrence: My favorite? Probably the Kaena Woods. Sure, the Xilo Mountains were beautiful, but the Kaena Woods remind me of Sinnoh with its trees and Pokemon. I miss my home a lot, and if I get back to Unova, I'm going to go see my mom and dad there. I've spent too much time away from them.

Interviewer: During your travels across Equivos, you've had several memorable experiences. What would you say has been your most treasured memory from this adventure?

Lawrence: Probably the quiet moments with Cassia. With all that's been going on, there isn't a whole lot of time for it. I may not have appreciated her as much when I first met her, but she's really been an anchor for me when times get tough.

Lawrence: Can't say for sure. Maybe my logical way to approach life? It's certainly come handy to know how to handle Pokemon and people, especially when it comes to understanding their problems. It at least helped me in adjusting to life here. I'd have probably gone crazy if I didn't accept the fact that Pokemon act like people here.

As for my weakest, I'd have to say its my lack of training in anything…useful. At least, here in Equivos. Sure, I can reason things through and tell everyone what an Oddish's movement patterns are, but when you have a surprise ambush by a Dusknoir in a boat, it doesn't really help.

Mirror Ash and Mirror Serena
Protagonists of Mirror Adventures (coming soon!)
9JgoMr7.png

Interviewer: Both of you are known for having rather rough pasts. How did you escape from your circumstances, and are there any special people in particular who helped you through it? Also, can you say that you've completely broken free from the chains of your past?

Mirror Serena:
Hmph... going straight for that question, huh? You guys really have no shame, do you... Hey, Ash! Why don't you answer this question first? People don't know that much about you...

Mirror Ash:
Well... OK, I guess. Um... where should I start? Maybe I'll talk about my mother first. She... wasn't very nice to me, honestly... I think that she had a very stressful life and that she took a lot of her anger out on me... especially because she had expectations for me that I just couldn't meet. I was never the strong boy that she wanted me to be... I was always more of the "sensitive" type, I think Misty called it. Or the "crybaby"... that was what people usually called me. It's true, though... I tend to cry when I'm stressed... sometimes just a little bit, sometimes a lot. I think that I embarrassed my mother a lot whenever I did that... and she would always tell me that the world would eat me alive and that I'd never become a Pokémon Trainer... or anything at all, really.

Mirror Serena:
Guess you proved her wrong, though, huh?

Mirror Ash:
Yeah... I guess I did. But I'll never be as strong as you...

Mirror Serena:
Oh, come on! You're a crybaby and yet you still managed to accomplish so much! That has to count for something, right?

Mirror Ash:
That's true. Still, I don't think that I'll ever completely forget everything that I went through before I met Pikachu... that was like the turning point of my life for me. Protecting him brought out strength in me that I never knew I had... and I guess it convinced me that I could keep on going... that I could live a life without my mother and actually accomplish things. I was lucky to have tons of people who helped me along the way, though. Where would I be now without Misty... or Gary... or Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie? I don't even want to think about that... That's all I have... I guess it's your turn now, Serena.

Mirror Serena:
Sigh... I guess it is. Now, I don't think that I need to give you a whole recap of my life as the daughter of a certain famous Rhyhorn racer, since you guys seem to have beaten that Ponyta into the ground already. But in case you were wondering... no, my childhood wasn't all sunshine and rainbows, for lots of reasons. I think that you can guess the first one... or at least you should. Another reason? Well, you know how my mother and I lived in the Johto countryside for years before we moved to Kalos? Well, I took the country accent with me. Which pretty much guaranteed that I would be the laughingstock of the entire school that I went to when I was younger. It took me years to get rid of that accent, but even then people would always find other things to bother me about, like the way I dressed, the fact that my mother was famous, and other stupid stuff like that. Eventually I grew tired of being teased and bullied, so I gave myself a choice: either I was going to lie down and let everyone abuse me, or I was going to fight back... guess which one I chose. As it turns out, bullies leave you alone really quickly when you bully them back... and oh, did I become good at bullying people... it was like a natural talent that I never knew I had! But I only did that to other bullies, or else I would've become just like them. I kind of got a reputation for being the toughest kid in school after that, which meant that people pretty much left me alone. Not that I really cared for the most part, since no one wanted to be friends with me before anyway. Honestly, if there's one thing that I learned from all of those years at school, it's that you can only truly rely on yourself. Although I have to say that traveling with Ash, Clemont, and Bonnie all of this time has made me change my mind about that a little bit... they're like the first real friends that I've ever had! Now, I'm sure that you would love for me tell you how the rest of my childhood went after that, but I think that I've spilled enough beans for you already. Next question!

Interviewer:
During your travels, you've been to many interesting places. What would you say has been your favorite so far?

Mirror Serena:
Well, there was this one place that we went to... but you'd probably never believe me if I told you about it... Ah, what the hell... you know about Reflection Cave, right? And how there's a legend that every mirror in there leads to a totally different world? I always thought that it was just some stupid story, but... it's actually real. How do I know? Because we met someone who looked exactly like Ash... but he was like a completely different person! He was brave, he was strong, and he was absolutely crazy at Pokémon battling! I mean, he actually managed to beat me in a battle! And then we saw these weird evil versions of the Heroes of Justice who tried to steal Pikachu... that's right, *Team Rocket* tried to steal a Pokémon! I couldn't believe what I was seeing... there's no way that they could've been Team Rocket from our world! Eventually we got Pikachu back and we had to send Ash back to his world before sundown... and that's when I actually got to see the mirror that brought him here in the first place. Oh, man... if I didn't believe everything before, I definitely did then! It was like this giant dimensional space chasm thing, and I even got to see different versions of me, Clemont, and Bonnie on the other side! I didn't get to talk much to them, but still, it was pretty obvious that me from over there totally had a thing for Ash from over there. She was so worried about him... not that I actually care about sappy romantic stuff like that. Maybe there was actually something real there, though... if so, then she's pretty lucky to have someone brave and strong like him. I wish that my Ash could be more like that sometimes... or at least be less of a crybaby all of the time. But even if Ash never becomes anything like the Ash we met at Reflection Cave, he'll still always be my crybaby Ash... Wait a minute... you actually had me vulnerable there for a while! That won't happen again! C'mon Ash, it's your turn now! What's your favorite place that you've been to so far? Maybe somewhere in Kanto or Johto or something?

Mirror Ash:
Well, now that you mention Johto... there was this one really great place that I went to... I think it was called Alto Mare? Wow, that place was so beautiful... it was like time stopped there a hundred years ago or something. The food... all of the water... the atmosphere... everything was awesome. I could've stayed there forever... although I think Pikachu got bored there pretty quickly because there weren't a lot of trainers or battles in a place like that. Oh, and it was also there that I met one of my closest friends... she was this photographer who had lived in Alto Mare with her grandfather her entire life. She had pictures of every single place in Alto Mare... they were unbelievable... maybe the best pictures I've ever seen! We actually spent a lot of time together just hanging around and talking about things... and eventually I told her that she could probably sell her pictures to a magazine or something for a lot of money. She told me that she actually wanted to do that and become a professional photographer and explore the world... but the sad thing is that she couldn't, because she's-- actually, she told me to keep that a secret, sorry...

Mirror Serena:
Hmm... did you seal that secret with a kiss or something?

Mirror Ash:
It was just-- wait, what!? N-no, it wasn't anything like that!

Mirror Serena:
Ha ha! Oh, Ash... I'm just messing with you! Gotta have some fun with this stupid interview... next question!

Interviewer:
To you, what does it mean to be a hero? Do you see yourself as one?

Mirror Serena:
Heroes? What heroes? You mean like Professor Sycamore, who probably has more skeletons in his lab than any closet could ever fit? Like Aria, the beautiful and talented Kalos Queen... who's oh so talented at getting whatever she wants, whenever she wants? Like Palermo, producer extraordinaire... or should I say: ice queen extraordinaire? Believe me, I've gotten to know them all thanks to my mother's celebrity status, and they've always made me wonder... are these really what people consider heroes? I mean, I still think about my mother and how everyone called her a hero... or an inspiration... or how they wanted to be "just like her". Which is funny, considering that none of them actually knew anything about her at all. And even after everything that's happened with her, people still call her "the world-renowned Rhyhorn racer" or "the famous Kalosian celebrity" instead of... well, I guess you couldn't print what I really want to say here. Could you really call someone a hero just because they can ride a Rhyhorn really well and say the right things at the right time? Should we worship them like they're Arceus and keep telling ourselves that they can do no wrong... until they do? Hmph... I sure don't think so. Now, you wanna know who I think the real heroes are? Team Rocket. Yeah, I said it... because no matter what some people may say about them, they're the only ones who've actually done anything to protect us from evil people like Team Plasma and the Pokémon Rangers. Tell me the last thing that the League has done... yeah, I won't hold my breath for that. And what does Team Rocket get for doing all of this for us? Not a damn thing, that's what. No fame... no support... no "oh, thank you for saving the world over and over again!"... nothing. And yet they keep doing it all anyway, just because they can! You wanna know what being a true hero is? That's it right there. They don't care about the fame, or the recognition, or even the consequences from stupid people like the League... they just do what needs to be done to make things right, no matter what. People like my mother can't compare to that... it's not even close! Now, do I see myself as a hero? Well, nothing I've done compares to what Team Rocket has done... and it's not as though I haven't done some pretty scummy things before... I was a bully once, after all. So yeah, I'm definitely no hero either... but at least I don't pretend like I'm one. Your turn again, Ash... what do you think a real hero is?

Mirror Ash:
Uh... I guess what you just said, actually...

Mirror Serena:
Oh, come on, Ash! I'm sure that you've got an opinion of your own!

Mirror Ash:
I-I... actually agree with most of what you said... but I'll say this, too, I guess... I think that you don't have to be big and powerful like Team Rocket to be a hero... I mean, if you stick up for someone who's being picked on or something, even if it means that they bother you... then that's doing the right thing, too, isn't it? Serena... you said that you... bullied other bullies, right? Made them go away?

Mirror Serena:
Yeah, that's what I said...

Mirror Ash:
So I guess that means... that you really are a hero in your own way, Serena...

Mirror Serena:
Ah... nah, I don't really think so. Last question now, finally...

Interviewer:
What do you consider your strongest trait? Your weakest? Have these traits helped or hindered your journey in any way?

Mirror Serena:
The strongest trait I have is... well, that I'm strong. Nothing ever gets in my way... especially not after everything that I've been through when I was younger. The Serena who let people hurt her and take advantage of her over and over again is gone now... and if she hadn't gone away, then I'd still be with my mother doing those stupid Rhyhorn races and Arceus-only-knows-what-else right now, instead of finally fulfilling my dream of becoming a master Pokémon trainer. And then I never would have met Clemont and Bonnie either, and I never would have met Ash again after all of these years. You know, what I've learned is that when you really want to do something, you just have to go out and do it, and then never give up at it no matter what, or no matter how long it takes. And even when you're at your lowest point and there's no chance that you can win, you don't just sit there and *let* them just destroy you like that... you give them hell until your last breath. That's my philosophy in Pokémon battling, and I guess you can say that's become my philosophy in life, too. That said, I can admit that I'm a bit too strong sometimes, and that it's often hard for me to get out of "bully mode", if you know what I mean. This has actually affected me my entire life, all the way back to when I was super-aggressive towards anyone who even thought about bothering me. I ended up scaring everyone away by doing that, not just bullies... and although I said that I didn't care before, I'd be lying if I didn't say that I sometimes felt kind of lonely. And now that I no longer have to deal with surviving school, I don't always have to be aggressive like that anymore... but bad habits are always hard to break. I've scared a lot of potential friends away from me over the years, including someone from not too long ago who could've been a really good friend to me... I still miss her Poké Puffs. I don't want something like that to happen ever again, so I guess I'm gonna have to learn how to... I don't know, let some things go, I guess? I don't really know how I'm actually going to do that, but I'm sure that I'll find a way somehow. And besides, I did manage to get Ash, Clemont, and Bonnie to be my friends, so I guess I've been improving a little bit already, right? Anything you'd like to share, Ash?

Mirror Ash:
Well, it's true that I'm kind of a crybaby... and that I get flustered about things more than I really should. I mean, I've gotten a lot better about it since I first started on my journey, but I still cry sometimes... and sometimes I cry a whole lot, especially nowadays... because things aren't completely great for me right now, honestly... but I don't think I want to talk a lot about that here. Confidence has always been hard for me to come by... sometimes I'll feel really good after I win a battle or accomplish something that I've never done before... but then I'll screw something else up later and I'll feel like a failure again. Sometimes I wonder how I even made it this far... and then I realize that my friends have done a lot for me that I should've been able to do by myself... it makes me feel like I'd just be nothing without them, and that I'd be running back to Pallet Town the moment that things got too tough for me...

Mirror Serena:
Um... Ash? Surely you have positive traits that you'd like to share with the world... right?

Mirror Ash:
No, not really... sniffle

Mirror Serena:
Sigh... then I guess I'll just have to do it for you. Ash... I know that I say that you're a crybaby a lot... which you kind of are, yeah... but you're also a lot stronger than you think you are. I mean, you wouldn't even be here right now if you weren't, right? And before you say that it's only because your friends helped you... so what? If you have an advantage, use it! That's what friends are there for... to help you and support you! I mean, you're the one who taught me all about that... so why are you so ashamed about it? And besides, having lots of friends means that people obviously really like you... and they should, because you're a really good person! I know that you don't show it all the time because you're super-shy and all, but I know for a fact that you care a lot about people... that you love your Pokémon like family... and that you have a lot of interesting thoughts about things that you always keep to yourself. Now, here's what I think the weakest part of you really is, Ash. It's not that you're a crybaby... it's that you don't believe in yourself. Which is stupid, because the strongest part about you is that you somehow always find a way to get through it all anyway. And that's true even if it's with your friends... or just you and Pikachu... or even just you alone, because you did that when you first rescued Pikachu, remember? And if you got through something like that once, or twice, or practically a hundred times like you have, then you can do it a hundred more times if you have to. So stop crying over yourself all of the time, or at least not as much as you always do. You have a lot to be proud of, so why don't you remind yourself of that every once in a while?

Mirror Ash:
Sniff I guess you're right... thank you for all of that, Serena...

Mirror Serena:
No problem, Ash. Well, it looks like this interview ended on a happy note after all, huh? I hope you guys were satisfied with my answers, because you're not getting anything more from me for a very long time... as in never again! Now off to training... and yes, you're going to train with me too, Ash!

Mirror Ash:
Wait... right now!?

Mirror Serena:
Oh, yes! We can't get ready for the League by just sitting around here enjoying the sunshine! We've still got a whole half a day left to do some intense training! Come on... don't try to back out of it now!

Mirror Ash:
Sigh... alright...​

Gregory Holster
Supporting Character of Love and Other Nightmares
STB3dyz.png

Photo taken inside of the Sandgem Medical Center, Sinnoh

Gregory: The heroes I've seen take opportunities by the hand every chance they get. The paths they walk, they walk them twice, thrice, sometimes more, just to be sure it's what they want, and each time learning about the world all over againall its wonders but of course its terrors too. They also know when... and how... to let go. Because sometimes the hurt outweighs the compensation of success, and that's all right. Me? I'm not a hero. Certainly not by this definition. Come back and ask me again when I've retired for good.

Interviewer: During your travels, you've been to many interesting places. What would you say has been your favorite so far?

Gregory: Nowhere else compares to my hometown, Veilstone. The city was built in an area where centuries ago people and pokémon alike built rock shelters to house themselves only for cave-ins brought on by earthquakes to ruin it all, which is, perhaps, in part why the Sinnohan League has banned the attack or any variation thereof from official battles.

Anyway, the steep mountains lining the outskirts of Veilstone also serve as an interesting isolation measure for me. Gawking tourists and passers-by are practically non-existent outside of trainers looking to seriously challenge the gym circuit, and region-wide affairs don't dare sweep us up in any messes. Cozy and adept at building a sense of community among its residence through all sorts of entertainment, I'll always consider it a place I can go back to.

Gregory: My strongest trait, well, involves skills anyone can learn, if they devote the time and put the effort into it. I help children and adults figure out the logistics of work, play, and other everyday activities if something's hindering them from functioning or enjoying life as they should. Any doctor in my field could—or should—be able to say the same. I guess that ties in to my worst trait, apathy mixed with self-degradation. I do what I do because what else is there at my age? And though patients may thank me for my hard work, the strength to change and improve themselves is heavily dependent on them. This cynicism of mine shoves aside the motivation I have to keep my word on meeting with clients most days. Times have changed so that transportation from city to city is easier, so that I may go to my patients rather than have them come to me, but still.

Interviewer: You work as an occupational therapist, right? How did you reach that job choice, and how does it effect your travels and your pokémon?

Gregory: I went into the field to re-teach myself and others about the more mundane areas of life. Veilstone's my home, as I said, although a couple of the extravagances it has to offer led me to overindulge in some rather addicting activities. The world at large loses its appeal when you're brought back to reality, even common pastime luxuries like traveling, and just like anything, a strong foundation is important.

As for pokémon, I only take on responsibility for them if Sandgem Medical Center will provide for should anything happen to me. Typically, then, those 'mons have a role to play in treating patients. Take my ditto, Eureka, for instance. She can imitate any person or object to demonstrate how things should move or look like, and Banshee, my smeargle, is legally authorized to teleport to any location for convenience's sake and in the case of emergencies for my traveling clients.

Kotone Iwamatsu
Protagonist of The Deprogramming
Arv89Zu.png

Photo taken inside the secret ████ ██████ ████████████, somewhere in Johto

Interviewer: Aside from escaping from The Monster, what is your biggest dream in life, and are you on the road to achieving that dream at all?

Kotone Iwamatsu: I don’t have any dreams. Dreams are for little kids. Who’re you and why are you talking to me?

Kotone: None! Absolutely none of them! Aaaugh!

. . . Well, if I had to pick, it’s got to be getting sucked into my old HeartGold video game. I mean, like, everything has sucked so far. You’d think that everyone would worship me, but no-o-o. Anyway, I’m probably gonna write a memoir when I get out of this damn video game. It’ll make me rich. The thought of all that money is honestly what’s getting me through all this; I won’t even need therapy!

Kotone: Treasured? I’m gonna go with most traumatizing memory instead. Eyes. Those eyes. All I can think about is meeting this terrifying monster for the first time, right after getting sucked in. That little shit is the catalyst for this mess. It tricked me into getting sucked into this damn children’s video game— it played me like a fool! Ugh! Honestly, I’d strangle it to death right now if it, uh, wasn’t thirty feet tall.

Kotone: Obviously, my intelligence is my greatest strength. It’s going to take someone razor-sharp to get out of this situation, literally speaking. My brains have helped my journey where possible, but unfortunately, most of it has been totally illogical. Like the Scientist fiasco. And this nightmare with Team Rocket. And I can’t do much when a Golbat suddenly decides to hit me with Confuse Ray. As for my weakest trait, that would have to be my height. Couldn’t I have been, like, a foot taller?

I . . . uh, need to go now. I’ve got to buy some EnergyPowder. For a friend.

Julia Carol Parisa
Protagonist of Pokémon: A Marvelous Journey
be4QvkJ.png

Photo taken inside the Ilex Forest, Johto

Interviewer: Aside from what you're doing right now, what is your biggest dream in life, and are you on the road to achieving that dream at all?

Julia Carol Parisa: Oh boy. That's a tough one. There's a lot of things I'd like to be. I'd love to be a writer and write books, mostly the kind of books I've read when I was younger, or still do today. I do think the idea of making cartoons is really cool, too! People say I draw really well, but I know a lot of people who are better, so I don't think I'd be cut out for it. If I really had to say what my biggest dream is, the one I'm the most sure about...it'd very likely be owning my own Pokemon ranch, just like Mom and Dad do right now. Maybe I'll inherit it from them when I'm older. It always breaks my heart to see Pokemon being hurt, abused, neglected, and treated like garbage, even more so when they don't get help. Someone has to help them. Why not me? Pokemon like that need a place where they'll always be loved and accepted and treated with respect no matter what. I love Pokemon, so I'd love to be able to help any sad, hurt Pokemon that's in desperate need of help!

Julia: That's easy! Meeting Caiseal and Perrine! Growing up, I never really had a lot of friends my age. Most of the kids I knew kinda hated me, mostly the girls. I'm not like those girls who always wear make up, wear flashy clothes, gush about boys all the time, go to the mall every day, are really super popular, and all that stuff. I never really saw what the big deal was. I'm personally more into Pokemon and drawing and writing stories and just doing my own thing. Plus, I think with me being autistic, they seem to know that I'm not normal, and apparently they're convinced I'm some kind of brainless, annoying, babyish dummy who cries a lot and tries to get attention. Some kids even called me retarded a few times. Many of them even told me to my face that I should...uhh...I think they said to make more of an effort to be normal or be more like everyone else or stop acting like a retard. It was really...what's a good word for this? Heartbreaking? Hard? Hurtful? I dunno. Basically, it sucked. I would come home from school crying sometimes, wishing I had friends. Friends who liked me and never made fun of me and never made me feel stupid and things like that. It seemed like I was an ugly Grimer thrown into a group of Jigglypuff and I never seemed to fit in or make any friends no matter how hard I tried or how hard I worked. But Perrine and Caiseal are the best things that ever happened to me! They're always nice to me, they never make me feel stupid or...inadequate--Well, Caiseal and I had a bit of a rough start, but we worked things out--they're always there for me, they never call me mean names, they never tell me to shut up or go away or say I'm just dragging them down, and I just love them both so much! They're the reason I managed to get this far on my journey, and I don't know what kind of person I'd be without them. I thank Arceus every day for giving them to me. Though I do wonder if I'm really that good of a friend to them. I just wish there was more I could do for them.

Julia: Honestly, I don't really know if I have a strongest trait. Or any strong traits at all, really. I mean, I love Pokemon and I try to be kind and I always care about my friends and family and help them through thick and thin however I can. But I never really feel like it's enough. You'd be surprised at how many people seem to think I'm a selfish baby who doesn't have...empathy, I think it was? I always try to be nice to people and help them if they need something, but whenever I do, people think I'm being mean or rude when I'm not, and I don't mean to be. But if I had to pick one...I think it'd be my knowledge of Pokemon. I learn so much about Pokemon every day, and it's really fascinating to learn new things about them, from really cool stuff like Jirachi being able to grant wishes, or really gross stuff like baby Komala needing to eat their parents' poop in order to get a certain bacteria in their bodies so they can eat certain food. Okay, that was gross, I know. Sorry if I freaked you out. I seem to do that a lot, even when I don't mean to. I have way too many weak traits, but if I had to pick one, it'd be that I'm kinda sensitive. To everything. Loud noises really hurt my ears, especially crying babies and explosions and gunshots and people yelling. Hearing it all makes me freeze and want to run away. I also don't like really sour or spicy food, and I can't stand getting dirty, and I cry a lot. Thankfully, Caiseal and Perrine are cool about it and never make me feel stupid about it, so I'm just glad they like me and accept me, flaws and all!

Interviewer: Do you feel that you've changed over the course of your travels? For example, do you feel you've become braver, stronger, more mature, or open-minded?

Julia: I like to think that I have, but for all I know, I probably haven't changed at all. But one thing's for sure: I don't hate Pokemon battles anymore. When I was little, I used to think Pokemon battles were cruel and violent and resulted in Pokemon getting hurt and killed, and I could never stand seeing a Pokemon get hurt in any way. I thought battles were straight up evil. But I learned that Pokemon battles aren't about hurting Pokemon. They're a way to get to know someone and their Pokemon. Trainers love the thrill of competition, and whether you win or lose, they're meant to be fun and exciting. I've learned so much about myself through finally getting used to Pokemon battles, and I don't freak out over them anymore. I know I'm not the most secure person in the world, and I know there's a lot I still need to learn about the world and life itself, but I can proudly say that that's one part of me I believe has definitely changed for the better.

Kimberly Fairbrooke
Protagonist of Land of the Roses
5Daytjr.png

Photo taken outside of the Holdt residence in the village of Doranshire, Lanark

Interviewer: Aside from Pokémon Coordination, what is your biggest dream in life, and are you on the road to achieving that dream at all?

Kimberly Fairbrooke: My largest dream in life is to do something with it. I'm only 22 years old and already I'm wealthy enough to comfortably retire... The same can be said for some of my friends back home, and they're doing nothing productive! I refuse to do the same, so I'm using my travels and day to day experiences as inspiration, to see what I want to spend my life doing. Music, art, coordination... All are on my mind as I travel, and I'm at a point with all three that I'm quietly confident that I could pursue any of them as a lifelong career. It just comes down to making the choice of which one... Amd then the effort of being a success at it.

Kimberly: To me, a hero is someone who selflessly uses their power, influence, time or wealth to make a lasting and positive impact in the lives of others. I've made positive impacts on countless lives already through my charitable deeds and donations. Over the past six months, I worked with my mother's charity foundation to help rebuild the town of Coldwater Harbor after it was devastated by an earthquake at the height of winter. I've made regular donations to homeless shelters and battered women's shelters in my hometown, and I've helped my closest friends achieve their business aspirations with my investments. Because of those deeds, I do consider myself a hero; to say I'm not undermines their importance.

Kimberly: Not yet, but I expect one soon. I don't know if you've heard the news, but I was kidnapped while I was exploring the forests around Doranshire, and I narrowly escaped with my life thanks to the help of my newest friend, Andrea. I haven't told my parents about that experience yet, but a situation such as that does not remain a secret for long... I can only hope that they don't try to forbid me from travelling the country, or it will be one of the first times in my life that I'll have to disobey them.

Interviewer: Why not reconsider your travels after such an experience?

Kimberly: I would be safer at home, yes, but I would be bored. The reason I travel so much is to escape the social life that awaits me back in Visalia; balls, galas, meetings with city officials, nobles, celebrities and patrons of my mother's charity foundation... I've been exposed to that atmosphere for my entire life, starting when I was a little girl. I've had enough of it to fill five lifetimes. I'm more interested in mingling with the common man, and travel helps me to achieve that. One experience, as terrible as that was, won't scare me away from living my life the way I want to.

Alaska Acevedo
Protagonist of How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps
MIuH1bW.png

Photo taken on the shores of Seven Island, Kanto

Interviewer: Aside from being a Pokémon Trainer, what is your biggest dream in life, and are you on the road to achieving that dream at all?

Alaska Acevedo: Well, my main goal at the moment is making it to the League. If anything, that is my ‘other’ biggest dream in life. It may come as a shock to you, but visiting decrepit buildings at the end of the earth isn’t exactly my main dream, but hey, it’s the one I’m on right now!

After the League, do I have a dream? I might have, once, but it’s been a long few months and right now I just want to stay alive.

Alaska: Seriously? Wow. Who the fuck wrote these? Is this something you’re asking everyone?

I would like to think I have done heroic things, yes. Not for myself, not directly, at least, but I think I have done things that have benefited everyone. It’s just a shame that all the other things I have done probably outweigh those. I haven’t blown anything up for a while though, so that’s pretty bloody heroic in my books.

Interviewer: What would you say has been your most treasured memory from this adventure?

Alaska: You know, winning that first badge was pretty special. It was the first time I had managed to prove I was actually capable of doing this and I wasn’t kidding myself going on this journey. And it was a pretty nice time before everything went downhill. Sure, things weren’t perfect at that point, but by Brock I’d only faced one murderous robot and survived one unnecessary explosion, so things were really on the up.

Alaska: Again, wow. Is Leaf behind this little quiz, or Evelyn, or one of those fuckers? Cause if they are, would you mind telling them I need some help finding my best friend, not some pretentious BulbaFeed personality quiz? Because my loyalty is probably my strongest trait, actually, and I am not letting my friend die because I can’t work out which island she’s on.

As for my weakest… you know what, I really need to find her. So take your questions and shove them up your –

[Interview terminated]

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom