• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Trainers of Fanfiction May 2019

Reaction score
The Writers Workshop
CyC8vMS.png

A community event focused around your characters!​

Welcome to the May 2019 edition of Trainers of Fanfiction! For those of you unaware of what this is, Trainers of Fanfiction is a community event that focuses on the characters created by our talented Writers Workshop authors! These characters will be given interviews, offering them a chance to dive into their backgrounds, or look at some of the unexplored lore of the story they're from. We've got a whole host of characters that'll be featured this month, let's get to meeting them!

Character List (Updated with each entry)

Last edited by a moderator:
Snuggle Tier List's Alex Costa
Alex Costa
Antagonist of KAIJUMON
Father of Cory Costa

rQ9XCwj.png

Officer: Mr. Costa, could you describe what you were doing last night, please?

Alex Costa: Softball, me and the guys. Second-to-last game of the season. And we won, we clinched the playoffs. We celebrated with some beers, and we were all having a good time. And we were talking about our wives, and when they asked me about Mary, I said I miss her, but then I just mention Cory's...pet. And everyone was in an uproar, and someone, I don't remember who, says we go down to her house. So we got in our cars, and I knocked on her door, and she comes out.

I ask to see Cory, and she says "no". No discussion, no communication skills. She always needed help communicating. And then we hear footsteps, and it's that...thing, that monster, and it just attacks us. It was chaos. No one got hurt, or anything. I think someone had to go to the hospital, get checked out. I don't remember his name. I think he's fine. But we were scared for our lives. We were attacked.

That thing's living with my child. I slept in my car after the divorce, and that thing's living in a house. It's living with my child. I think Cory's in danger.

Officer: How well do you and your ex-wife keep in touch?

Alex Costa: I call, email, text. She never replies, never picks up the phone, never calls back. Not even to yell at me; she's just cut me off completely. She never gives me a chance to apologize, for the divorce. I don't know what else to do.

I haven't heard anything from her since last night. I tried calling, and she hung up. She doesn't communicate.

Officer: Do you approve of your ex-wife?

Alex Costa: I love her. I'll always love her. She just manipulates, and Cory's therapist, and that "special" school they sent him to, it's brainwashing my child. And last I heard, she was in therapy, too.

I love Mary. I'm just worried about her, on her own. She isn't making good decisions. I want to help. And she won't let me help.

Officer: Are you proud of your son?

Alex Costa: I'll always be proud of my son. But I worry if Mary keeps coddling him like this, if she keeps putting him in danger and saying it's okay, he won't be ready for the real world. He deserves better. And Mary, she won't let me be a father. He needs a father-

...I'm sorry, I, I can't. This is too much. I need a minute, please.

Juliko's Kassia Parisa
Kassia Parisa
Supporting character of Pokémon: A Marvelous Journey
Mother of Julia and Amara Parisa

uVbphvh.png

Interviewer: Tell us a little about yourself. How did you get to where you are now?

Kassia Parisa: I went on my first Pokemon journey when I was eighteen. I never took on the gym challenge, as I was just happy to see the world and meet so many Pokemon. After about a year on the road, I went to college for two years while working at a Pokemon Center. I found my experiences at the Pokemon Center in Cherrygrove City to be very enriching. Helping injured Pokemon heal and seeing them beat the odds helped me decide to make my house into a kind of Pokemon sanctuary. I did wind up dropping out of college because I found myself liking work better than school. But I don't regret my decision to drop out, as I found that it wasn't really for me.

After a few more years, I met Truman while I was out on a job. He had started his job at Magcargo Express, and we found ourselves bonding over Pokemon. After a few more years of dating, Truman and I married. Now we live in a nice house in New Bark Town and have two beautiful daughters and lots of Pokemon to take care of. I'm pretty happy with how my life has turned out.

Interviewer: Would you say Amara or Julia take after you?

Kassia Parisa: Everyone I talk to says Amara takes after me, and they are right to a degree. Sometimes I feel like I see myself in her. I find Julia is more from her father's side of the family. They're both very intelligent, adore Pokemon in their own ways, and they have a lot in common.

Interviewer: Do you approve of what your daughters have been doing?

Kassia Parisa: I won't lie, I'm not happy with the choices Amara has made, both in terms of how she's coping with Chanel's death and how she's treated her Pokemon and everyone around her since then. I always tried to be there for her, but she never seemed to want to open up. She started acting out, sneaking out of the house, getting into fights with other kids, and even hurting Pokemon. Truman and I both tried to set her straight and punish her for her actions, because all of those things are not okay. But nothing we've done has worked despite our best efforts. Not even having the police called on her has changed anything, and she still won't talk to us. I wish there was some way I could get through to her, and now that she's run away, I'm at my wit's end. I still love Amara no matter what, but she has to take responsibility for her actions, and I'll do everything I can to both support her and make sure she takes accountability for everything.

But it's Julia who's surprised me the most. I never wanted her to go out on a journey until she was much older. There's a lot about the world Julia doesn't quite understand even at her age. I honestly didn't think she'd be able to take care of herself while out in the wilderness. She's always been shy, quiet, and never one to stray far from home. When she suddenly decided she wanted to go on a journey, I was very much against it. I did eventually relent and let her go, and while there are some things she told me about that I certainly don't approve of her having done, she's grown up and matured a lot since she left. I'm glad I decided to let her go, because she's made friends and got to see lots of new things, though I still wonder what her future might hold.

Interviewer: What are you proudest of/do you admire most about your daughters?

Kassia Parisa: The thing I always admired about Amara, before her sudden change, was how kind she was. I know it seems impossible to imagine now, but when she was little, Amara was a sweet kid. When Julia was first diagnosed as autistic and we told Amara about it, she was completely accepting of it and still treated her sister the same way she always did. In fact, Amara and Julia were very close when they were toddlers. Whenever Amara did something, Julia wanted to do it too, and Amara would teach her things, from how to dress up dolls to sign language. Amara was like that with other kids as well. She befriended Chanel Ramsey, a girl nobody else noticed because she was poor, and treated her with respect. She never let little things like how she dressed or how poor she was bother her, as we taught her and Julia not to judge people by appearances. She even treated her Totodile like it was her baby. Which makes everything that happened after Chanel's death all the more heartbreaking. Could I have done things differently with Amara? I know there's no easy answer for that. But I still love Amara and will always be proud of her for being my daughter, and I don't expect her to be anything she isn't.

The same goes for Julia as well. She's accomplished so much in her life, and when she was first diagnosed, many doctors told me that it was likely she'd never live any kind of normal life. Truman and I didn't believe them for a second. We both studied up on autism and did everything we could to give her whatever she needed in order to succeed. We went to seminars, debated over which therapies would work best for her, read books, autobiographies, blogs, memoirs, consulted a variety of professionals and even other autistic people, and so on. We were very lucky, as Julia received great therapy and lots of people supported her throughout her life. Even now, she took a big risk by going out into the world all on her own, a world that isn't always very accommodating to autistic people. I'm so proud of all that she's accomplished so far. Both she and Amara have taught me so much about people and life in general, and I don't want to imagine what my life would be like if I didn't have them or meet Truman. I'm proud of both my kids, and even when they don't always make the best decisions, I still love them with all my heart.

Misfit Angel's Annabelle Valenzi-Fairbrooke
Annabelle Valenzi-Fairbrooke
Supporting character of Land of the Roses
Mother of Kimberley Fairbrooke

72h68Ca.png

Interviewer: Tell us about yourself! How are you related to Kimberly?

Annabelle: Hello! I am Annabelle Valenzi-Fairbrooke, founder and chairman of the Valenzi Foundation. I have dedicated my life to humanitarian causes, and have responded to natural disasters, refugee crises and human rights abuse cases across the world. Most recently, my daughter -- oh, that's Kimberly -- and I have been focusing our efforts to help the community of Cold Harbor up in the arctic north to rebuild after a devastating earthquake and tsunami. Considering we spent the entire winter up there, it was grueling but satisfying work fit for us strong Valenzi women.

Interviewer: Do you approve of what Kimberly does?

Annabelle: I don't disapprove of what she does, but I must admit, I would rather she focus her full time and attention on my foundation's relief efforts. If not that, then at least follow in her father's footsteps as a master of the culinary arts. Chasing fame and stardom as a coordinator will help her with neither; it won't teach her to cook, and it won't help to bring in funds to the relief organization, and her attempts at practicing her craft gobble up obscene amounts of her time. Furthermore, like many of her past pursuits, she lacks the confidence to truly excel at it -- and I fear she'll be disappointed with the results yet again.

Interviewer: What do you admire most about Kimberly?

Annabelle: She does not know it, but I have heard the rumors that surround her regarding her performance at her inaugural coordination contest. Conspiring to rig a contest? Bless her heart, she isn't cunning enough for that... Ah, yes, what do I admire... I admire her willingness to try her hand at coordination again. Over the past several months, I noticed how much those rumors troubled her -- enough that I didn't have the heart to confront her about them, lest I make the problem worse -- and I have never known her to return to a source of grief to try again. She's growing into a capable young woman, a strong woman -- stronger than I, certainly, and that is what I admire about her.

Interviewer: How well do you and Kimberly keep in touch?

Annabelle: Due to the rigors of my work schedule, not very well. I reach out to her, but I often receive no answer; when she does answer my calls, they are distant and brief. I get the feeling that my daughter no longer trusts me when I say that I care about her, that I care for her hopes and dreams. I fear that is my fault... I have a habit of encouraging her at the start of every new thing she tries, and then... ignoring her when she needs the most support. Failing to be there when she needs me. And most recently, I stomped on her efforts to practice her craft over these past five months. I lost sight of the fact that she volunteered to help my organization's humanitarian efforts, and now I worry I may have permanently damaged our relationship because of it. I do hope that when she returns home, I can make the time for her that she needs.

InfiniteBakuphoon's Saki Grace
Saki Grace
Supporting character of Mirror Adventures
Mother of Serena Grace

piSesJE.png

Interviewer: Tell us about yourself! How are you related to Serena?

Saki Grace: Well, I'm her mother! Although most of you probably know me better as Grace the Rhyhorn racer than Grace the mom, haha! This is gonna be our second year here in Kalos, and it's been a whirlwind, but also wonderful. Lots of great places to see and lots of great people to meet, especially here in the beautiful Lumiose City!

Interviewer: Would you say your daughter takes after you?

Saki Grace: Honestly, not really! We're very different from each other. I'm more bubbly and fun-loving and she's... how should I say this... kinda moody and uninterested in things all the time, like she's already some hormonal teenager or something. Heck, I've gotta wonder if she's even really my daughter at times, hahaha! But yeah, I have to pull teeth just to get her to go anywhere nowadays, even to some our favorite restaurants! She's always been a somewhat stubborn kid, but back then it wasn't so bad; now I think it's starting to hold her back from, you know, enjoying life. "Live a little, Serena!" I always tell her, but then she always gives me a frown or a half-smile or an "OK, Mom", like she's not really listening to what I'm trying to say to her. Maybe it's one of those phases that she'll grow out of when she's older, you know? Kids can be strange like that sometimes.

Interviewer: What do you admire most about Serena?

Saki Grace: Well, like I said, she's a stubborn kid. That can be annoying when I'm trying to be a parent to her, but even stubbornness can be a good thing if you apply it the right way! Take it from me; I was definitely stubborn when I was a kid. And if I wasn't, then I never would've been able to become a Rhyhorn racer, ahahaha... Plus, I never give up when I want something; neither does my Serena. And although that kind of attitude is tough for me to deal with as a parent, I think it'll actually be good for her to have when she gets older; she won't quit as easily as all of the other kids. Hey, maybe she actually does take after me a little bit, haha!

Interviewer: Do you approve of what your daughter does?

Saki Grace: ..."approve"? That's a kinda funny thing to say, since my Serena's only nine, you know! She hasn't actually done anything yet! But now that you mention it, I do think a lot about, well, what she actually is gonna do when she gets older. You see, my Serena wants to be a Pokémon trainer. "The best ever," I think she said, or maybe "one of the best"; one of those two. And you know, that's pretty much the same thing that every other kid in the world says that they wanna be. Not that there's anything wrong with that; it's just... well... I can't say that I really "get it", if you know what I mean. Sure, it's fun to watch a Pokémon battle and fantasize about being someone like Lance or Cynthia or Professor Oak, but that's completely different from, you know, actually being a Pokémon trainer. I mean, you have to feed and bathe and train a bunch of Pokémon every day, you have to set up camp in the woods or stay at a Pokémon Center every night, and you have to deal with wild Pokémon, creepy obnoxious trainers, and crazy criminal groups everywhere you go. Do children really think about all of that when they say they wanna be Pokémon trainers? And even if they did, how many of these kids do you think actually have what it takes to be "the best"? Well, not everyone is gonna like what I'm about to say, but here's what I think about it. You see, there are certain people in the world who truly are the best at what they do; they're the ones who actually win Leagues and become champions, or who win every single race that they're in. Why? Because they're "special", or practically born to do what they do. Those are the type of kids who actually have a shot at becoming the best. But everyone else? They're just kids, and none of them will ever be "the best". Instead, they're gonna lose, and then they're gonna return home with no money, no real education, and no real life skills; what are they gonna do then? Become homeless? Go back to school and collect a bunch of debt along the way? Join one of those awful underground battle clubs where Pokémon get hurt, maimed, or worse? Again, children don't think about any of those things; all they care about is becoming "the best". But that's not really a realistic life goal when you think about it, is it? Especially when you're only ten years old.

Now imagine what our children could be if we encouraged them to become something like doctors, breeders, or writers instead. Sure, they wouldn't be "the best", but they'd be successful, and they'd be able to contribute something positive to society!Now, when it comes to my Serena, it's not that I think that she can't become "the best" at anything she does; she's my daughter, after all! And of course I'll be there to support her if things get tough for her. But I do think that she should really consider everything life has to offer before she goes off chasing a child's dream. She probably won't like hearing that from me, but really, how many kids even really know what they want to be, or who they really are? That's why they've got parents, after all; to help them and guide them! And that's just what I'll do for my Serena.

namohysip's Alex
Alex
Supporting character of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation
Stepfather of Owen

index.php

Interviewer: What is your family like?

Alex: Oh! My family! Well, er, I like to think my family is very stable and happy. Of course, there are times when perhaps we have a fight or an argument, but it’s all very civil. Owen certainly has a bit of a rebellious bug in him now and then. I suppose I should be a bit harder on him when that happens, but… I suppose Amia—my mate, that is—she’s better at that than I am. Oh, sorry if I’m bumping my cannons together and they make you nervous. Just a bit of a tic. Helps to keep calm. Sorry.

Ahem. Er. But Owen’s a good Charmander. We don’t have to scold him very often. He’s very upstanding. His meditation keeps him calm, and he has such a big heart. I think he gets that from his mother, always caring about others with a smile on his face, even when it might be forced. Oh, dear, I hope that isn’t unhealthy… Now that I say it out loud, I wonder if we should have a talk with him about that? It must trouble him so much, and sometimes you don’t know if something’s really bothering him or not. I just want the family to be happy. There’s only three of us, after all, even if the whole village counts as a family. Takes a village, that’s the saying, right? Er… Right, family. We’re happy together. That’s really all there is to it.

Interviewer: Would you say Owen takes after you?

Alex: Oh, not at all. He takes far more from his mother than me. I mean—it isn’t as if we have any actual blood between us. N-not that it makes our bond any less special! But, well, nature and nurture. I can’t imagine myself doing half of the things Owen does, going exploring, rescuing others in the distortions that make up Kilo’s Dungeons…

Oogh. It’s just not good to think about. I know my kind are typically equipped for that sort of thing, but I don’t think I’m equipped for that. In a way, I’m barely used to these arms. I’d only want to fight if I had to. Normally it’s Amia that gives me that spark to battle, or Owen. But, er, I suppose he does take on a few things from me. He’s cautious. He doesn’t simply dive in headstrong if he thinks there’s a risk in doing so. And we share the same Type, too. He enjoys board games, oh, and reading! I’m actually very proud of that myself. He’s such a smart boy. Amia and I are both glad that he can use his head instead of just brute force.

Interviewer: That’s a good transition. What are you proudest of, or what do you admire most, about Owen?

Alex: Oh, that’s an easy one. He’s brave. Braver than I ever could be. He’s just a little Charmander, yet there’s so much power hidden away inside him, and all he wants is to use it to help others. I’m sure there’s a bit of pride there, and maybe an urge to battle. He’s a bit off about that; fighting is in his blood. Meditation helps to keep him from getting out of hand about it, but look at how he channels it! It’s… I couldn’t be prouder of him for that.

Interviewer: Do you approve of what Owen does?

Alex: I… well, I…

Of course I approve.

…This was the last question of this interview, right? Er, then I suppose that means it’s over?

S-sorry. I—okay.

I suppose… I don’t entirely approve of it. It isn’t that I think what Owen is doing isn’t noble. No, it’s completely noble. There’s nothing more noble than putting yourself at risk for those who need more help than you do.

That’s precisely why I don’t know if I approve—not—not completely. I approve! But I just have—oh, this sounds so awful when I say it, doesn’t it? I just hope he doesn’t lose himself. Like I mentioned before, fighting is in his blood. I just don’t want him to slip away if he gets into something intense, or… worse yet, what if he actually gets hurt? He’s still just a Charmander, after all. Who knows what would happen if he just make a misstep one day?!
I’m sorry. Give me a moment, oh, I’m all worked up for something that I already know…

Perhaps I’m worrying too much. They both tell me that. Amia approves of what Owen’s doing, but she has the same worries that I do. But she always tells me that there’s no point in trying to stop him. He’s just too clever. If we banned him from becoming a Heart… oh, goodness. He’d never forgive us. I’m only smiling because, well… it’s the lesser of two evils. And if that’s his calling… who am I to complain? I’ll support Owen every step of the way.

canisaries' Abe Akai
Abe Akai
Supporting Character of Hunter, Haunted
Half-brother of Red Akai

JiObd3b.png

Interviewer: Tell us about yourself. How are you related to Red?

Abe Akai: Um, yeah, s-so… I’m Abe, that’s short for Abraham, though people usually think it’s native and say it like ‘ah-beh’ since my surname is native - Akai, you see… n-nevermind, back to the point, how am I related to Red? I’m his brother. Half...brother. We share a mother, but given how different we look, I doubt we share a father. We all agree on that, actually. Even if we can’t really know for sure because of the merge erasing all proof of either. The merge was actually how we… came to be of the same family. Both Red and I started off as only children, but now we have each other. And Mom is still there. Though she’s not home a lot...

Interviewer: What is your family like?

Abe Akai: Well… not the closest, I guess. Mom doesn’t really live at home, even if she still supports us. She and Red… don’t really get along. I don’t know why. Well, maybe I know a little bit, and that’s that Red isn’t a super polite person in general and that makes him not get along great with everyone… or really anyone, but even then, I think there’s something between them I’m not aware of.

As for Red and me, we’re not, like… inseparable or always hanging out either, but I can still say that our relationship is relatively better. He doesn’t mind talking to me or being in the same room with me, when with Mom, just bringing her up seems to make him all tense all of a sudden. And when they actually end up bumping into each other, face to face… he freezes and just… stares. He’ll answer if you ask him a question, but otherwise, he’s like a statue. A statue whose eyes follow Mom. Mom usually excuses herself and leaves. It’s kinda creepy.

Oh, then there’s also Helix and Fonz, plus my own mon companions, but I think those are more like roommates or friends than family. To me, at least. I’m not sure if Red would consider Helix family, per se, but he definitely has a bond strong enough for that. Even if lately he’s been kind of weird in that regard, seeming to specifically avoid Helix… I want to ask him what’s up, but… I don’t know. I just feel like he’d either pretend like nothing’s up or tell me to mind my own business.

Interviewer: Would you say you and Red are alike?

Abe Akai: Oh, heavens no. I-I mean, not that being like Red would be bad, there are lots of different kinds of people and that’s okay… hrmh. Okay, maybe I think there are things Red could do better. But back to the question. I’d say it’s pretty clear to any external observer that we’re basically night and day, even with ignoring our looks. While neither of us is any kind of social butterfree, I do get a lot more talkative and do have a friend or two I spend time with. Red, though, seems to prefer to be alone when he’s not around Helix, who he feels the need to take care of. Red also barely ever stutters or has a hard time finding his words. He seems like he always feels in control, exactly the opposite of me. His confidence is something I wish I had. But I also wish he’d have a friendlier air to him, like I do… or hope I do.

Interviewer: Do you approve of what Red does?

Abe Akai: Well… I don’t like that he dropped out, and I don’t like that he isn’t looking for any jobs. But then again, his reasoning does make sense - can’t exactly study with his PC trauma now that education is heavily digitized, and there aren’t that many places that’ll take someone who hasn’t graduated high school and can’t use computers. And I know how down he’s been… if he really is depressed, I know that can really sap a person’s willpower.Still, I feel like he’s a bit too comfortable with having no duties. He doesn’t seem to really feel bad about… well, I don’t like this word, but essentially being a parasite. Maybe he’s afraid of change, but I truly believe change is exactly what he needs. Something about his life needs to change in order for him to break out of this situation of going nowhere. And I’m actually kind of working on something, actually… Alice gave me the idea. There’s this yearly mental wellness check-up that the Foundation provides, you see. Red has skipped all previous times, but if I really make him go this time, it could be an eye opener. I mean, deep down he must know he has to take action to fix his life.

Yeah, so… to sum it all up, I think my brother could do better regarding some stuff. But I don’t want anyone to think I hate him or anything. I couldn’t - we’re brothers, family. And in the end, I mean… there are way worse people in the world than him. It’s not like he’s killing people or anything, you know?

Last edited by a moderator:
Beth Pavell's Imogen Joy
Imogen Joy
Supporting character of The Long Wak
Aunt of Evelina Joy

DNApk1k.png

Interviewer: Tell us about yourself! How are you related to Eve?

Imogen Joy: In a previous life I was Imogen Joy, PhD (Cel) - I suppose I still am, but currently I'm GPN2 and BPharm at Cherrygrove Pokémon Centre. Oh, sorry, that's general nurse and assistant pharmacist. My big sister Gabriella runs the Centre. Evelina's my niece, my first niece as a matter of fact. I love all my nieces, of course, but your first niece is special.

Interviewer: Would you say Eve takes after you?

Imogen Joy: Well I had a nicer figure at her age, so no! [Giggles uncontrollably] I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Ahem. [Giggles] Yes and no. No ring on my finger, you'll notice. No kids either, more to the point, and that does count as a rebellious decision in this clan. My mother bugged me about that one for years. Gabby's more like Mum, so I understand what Eve's going through. Gabby means well, bless her. She's just too used to being in charge. But when I was Eve's age I was doing my Master's in Pokémon Psychology. Mum considered it a glorified hobby, but it was essentially acceptable. So I suppose she's more headstrong than I am.

Interviewer: Are you proud of what Eve's doing?

Imogen Joy: [Laughs] Yes, I'm proud. But, well, what does 'proud' mean? If you mean 'Do I support her endeavours', 'Am I happy when she succeeds', then completely. So is Gabby, deep down, happy I mean.

Interviewer: Do you ever worry about Eve on her travels?

Imogen Joy: Oh, I worry. Eve's got a good head on her shoulders, of course, but I worry anyway. Less than the other girls, less than Gabby. She's found herself a companion, a boring, sensible companion. Trust me, boring and sensible is a good thing. If they were both sixteen and high-school drinking buddies I'd be more worried.

unrepentantAuthor's Laura Weir
Laura Weir
Supporting character of Different Eyes
Legal guardian of Salem (purrloin)

woz7ktD.png

Interviewer: Tell us about your family! How much do you consider Salem to be part of that family?

Laura Weir: Well, there's me, and there's Mum — she teaches university level economics — and Dad, he's a pharmacist. They're both really "invested" parents, which is a way of saying they're overbearing. I know they care, but it's like they're trying to make up for being so busy with work by being really intense whenever we're together. They don't have their own pokémon, or they haven't since they were younger, but there are pokémon at their jobs a lot. So I have Salem. No siblings, and I don't see any of my cousins or grandparents or anybody very often, just my special purrloin. Salem was my entire childhood, to be honest. She's absolutely family to me, even if my parents don't see it that way. I love her, and I've missed her so bad since she went missing.

Interviewer: What was your relationship with Salem like? Do you have any idea why she left?

Laura Weir: We were really close, especially when I was growing up. I didn't really have any good friends my age until I hit secondary, so I spent all my free time with Salem. We used to go on little adventures in parks a lot, and I'd read to her, and she'd watch stuff with me. She left the same night I tried to explain to her that I'd be living in uni accommodation for a while and she wouldn't see me any more. Obviously she understood perfectly well, it's on me for not realising how hard she might take it. I guess I took her for granted.

Interviewer: Do you have any idea what happened to Salem? Where might she have gone?

Laura Weir: They say cats do really well as ferals, you know. There's plenty of stories of like, meowth that went AWOL and came back years later as persian, or glameow that muscle in on the nearest cat colony just because they're well-fed by humans and much stronger. So maybe Salem did that, and she's somewhere in my home town, catching dedenne. The thing is, though, there's a rumour about that pokémon are being scooped up from shelters and off the streets in crazy numbers, without any legit paperwork left behind. That's why you're interviewing me, right? Well, I'll tell you, I absolutely believe it. Someone's getting hold of pokémon in huge numbers and they could have taken Salem. I just bet they did.

Interviewer: Are you going to look for her? Surely by now she'd be very challenging to find.

Laura Weir: I am. I know I have to, and I think about it all the time. I can't cancel uni just to look for my pokémon, I know. It would let Mum and Dad down and it'd be really hard to defer anyway. But as soon as I can, I want to go looking for her. I do post on social media sometimes hoping it'll go viral and someone will spot her, but I'm not the only person with a lost purrloin and she could be holed up with all those other "missing" pokémon, who-knows-where. I don't know where I'd even start looking for her, but I have to be able to honestly say I tried.

LightningTopaz' Joanna Solberg
Joanna Solberg
Supporting character of Pokémon Shine Diamond
Mother of Dawn Solberg

Fk2aTXs.png

Interviewer: Would you say Dawn takes after you?

Joanna: Yes! She has long desired to be a coordinator like me, and I have done my best to support that dream.

Interviewer: What are you proudest of/do you admire most about Dawn?

Joanna: I am so proud she made it to the Grand Festival finals on her very first try--that's a lot better than I did in my first Grand Festival. Her determination and will to succeed carried her that far, and I truly believe she will be a Divine Coordinator, or even a Contest Mistress, one day.

Interviewer: Do you approve of what Dawn does?

Joanna: I wholeheartedly approve of what Dawn is doing! She has always had a love of the stage and Contests, even showing me her Pokemon dolls' "appeals" for me to judge.

Interviewer: How well do you and Dawn keep in touch?

Joanna: We talk very regularly--at least once or twice a week as my own coordinating schedule permits. On our last talk, she was very excited to be participating in the Wallace Cup. While I have worked with Wallace many a time, I have never had the chance to compete in the Cup. I have high hopes she will do well. She's in good hands with Ash and Brock.

kintsugi's Nathalie Leroux
Nathalie Leroux
Supporting character of Dungeons & Dragonite
Duteroprotagonist... sort of

xyJkpMJ.png

Interviewer: Tell us about yourself! How are you related to River?

Nathalie Leroux: Hi there! My name is Nathalie. All my friends call me Nat. I'm a junior in high school, I like studying English and sociology, and my fun fact is that I've had braces for a third of my life. River's my older brother; he graduated college a few years back with an econ and business management degree. He really likes Shiner Bock and has an encylopedia-esque memory for all of the sportsball peeps -- I'd say something to show off how deep his knowledge is, but I honestly couldn't tell you.

Interviewer: Would you say River takes after you?

Nathalie Leroux: Lmao, no. Not at all. I mean, he's the older one, so I guess the real way to phrase it is that I don't take after him (oops), but in general we both turned out pretty different. When we were kids I think we were a lot more similar -- lotta videogames (we only had one controller and he was better, so I watched a lot. but that was really fun too!), and he'd always take me hiking or bike riding on the weekends. He was always really good with his hands, so even when he got older and had to do more adult stuff, he'd still let me bum around and watch him change the head gaskets on his car or whatever. And I think those memories were really formative for both of us? I ended up using a lot of those experiences for background details in some of my campaigns, haha. But he ended up a lot more... practical than me, I guess? He's always really straightforward and focused on his goals, and I feel like I'm a bit more in the clouds.

We went sledding once, and even though he was sitting right behind me and was holding me in the entire time, I still managed to go flying on the tiniest bump and ended up facefirst in a snowdrift while he managed to land on his feet. That pretty much sums us up, I think.

Interviewer: What do you admire most about River?

Nathalie Leroux: So I've always thought that it's a little wild that D&D still has a skill check for, uh... Animal/Pokemon Handling and not for something like courage. Or grit? I'm not sure what the word I'm looking for is. Point being, there's a built-in stat for how well you can pet stray meowth -- which, by the way, is the only time I really ever see that come up outside of some weird mount-based or beastmaster builds -- but there isn't one for if you crap your pants when a dragon lands in front of you, because everyone can be unshakably brave in their fictions. Anyway, back to the point: this is a skill that River actually has in spades that I really just wish I had, that I spent a lot of time pretending I have. He's really good at rolling up to a situation and just saying or doing things; he's the kind of guy who can just look at a broken toaster or whatever and start taking it apart until he figures out what's wrong with it; when I was a kid I knew that if anyone ever tried to bully me I could just call him in and he's go in guns blazing; even now, I find myself freaking out over every single word I say and there he is just speaking his mind.

Anyway. I look up to him for a lot of things (don't tell him I said this, lol! he'd never let me live it down), but that's the one that's always stood out to me the most. I know I said earlier that I don't really take after him, but his headfirst mentality is something that I consciously try to emulate sometimes. I'm pretty sure I have negative points in it, but it's the trying that counts, right?

Interviewer: Do you approve of what River does?

Nathalie Leroux: Yes, of course! Absolutely and unquestionably. It's one of those things that I never get to bring up in conversation, but I'm just so happy for him, you know? I feel like people our age are just stumbling around life not knowing what they want or how to do it, and we're always wanting to travel or find ourselves or whatever, and then there's River. He always knew exactly what to do in every situation, and he's always so unphased by all the random things that come up. And look at him now! He's got it all figured out: he's got his own place, and a girlfriend he likes a lot, and his own little routine. Kinda sucks that his job hours make it so that we can't really hang out that much any more, but I mean, hey, that's life.

SystemError's Armando Nieves
Armando Nieves
Supporting character of Great Beastslayer Resplandor

unknown.png

Ms. Welton (Interviewer): Tell us about yourself!

Armando: My name is Armando Nieves Jr., head of my family and major factor in Asilo Noroeste past and present. I helped found the town 22 years ago. My greatest role back then was that of the settlement location surveyor. I scouted this position primarily based on the lack of dytaneux activity in the area. One that would allow us to go as long as possible without being disrupted by those twisted monsters. Our relative quarantine lasted nearly two decades, so that succeeded.

It takes all kinds to keep a settlement together. From those who provide necessities as all I've done, to ones who give amenities like your newspaper. My comrades asked I be a town leader, but I refused that. Instead, my family has been one of the primary contributors of produce here. Our spacious backyard has played host to town gatherings in the past. Of course as you've now realized, beneath there I tended to my true work, an aparatos developer. I created a superior machine to battle the dytaneux, named Resplandor.

Ms. Welton: Tell us about your family.

Armando: With myself already covered, I suppose the wife should be first. Selina has been a huge boon throughout this all. She shares my ideals and has been nothing but supportive of my goals. She has dutifully taken care of matters which I need not. I could not ask for a better one than her, and would not have gotten this far without her presence for numerous reasons.

She brought baggage in her two sons from her previous husband, Richard and Nicholas Dumos. Better known as Ric and Nic. They lead a scout unit in the Dytaneus Defense Force. We hardly interact. They think little of me, and I could care less of what they do. But I suppose they know their place and purpose, and have been aiding and supporting my offspring. I can say that much about those two.

Which brings us to said offspring. Thomas is the oldest, and is everything a father could ask for. He is studious, valiant, and most of all obedient. Perhaps a bit inactive, but not unhealthy. In the first battle of Resplandor, he showed a side of him I always knew he had within. He has met all of my expectations. More people should be like him.

The youngest, Annika, I have concerns with. The wife deserves credit for helping raise her, and did well in teaching her etiquette. She's an inquisitive one, mostly a good quality. But she has issues. She is hesitant and uncertain when it comes to matters outside our walls, and borders on agoraphobic. Her fear and doubts nearly rendered Resplandor inoperable in its first battle. I suppose no matter how you try and raise your children to be right, they'll always think for themselves in some ways.

Which brings me to Emil, who's been nothing short of a headache. While helpful with our produce and loyal to his siblings, particularly with giving his sister a greater scope of the world, he is far too extroverted for his own good. Especially with his becoming an aparatos pilot with his friends. He has never been one to understand his place, and I blame the stepsons for putting those ideas in his head. The experience it gave him and their agreement to protect him no matter the cost is the only reason I tolerated it at all. Selina has herself attempted to dissuade him on several occasions. He's never listened, he never does.

Then there's Jarrot. You might know him better as Doctor Horus. He is technically only a comrade, but he's more kin than some of the rabble out there. We've been mutually beneficial to one another. Resplandor could not have been completed without his knowledge.

And I suppose there's one more worthy of mention, 'Yuzei' Tresmein. That girl who fights alongside Emil and that ratty kid from the shanties. Also only a family friend, but if that boy of mine had any nerve, they'd be a couple already. We've been supporting her and her brothers after their parents' passing. I expect him to make it worth it.

Ms. Welton: Tell us about the Resplandor and children's significance in it.

Armando: I have been working on Resplandor since before Asilo Noroeste was founded. The threat of greater dytaneux that ordinary aparatos could not handle was always looming, so I built one that could face them. Made of the finest metals and dytaneus skin obtainable, wielding the might of quantum energy. It stands at 35 meters and weighs 60 tons. Consider it a crowning achievement for humanity, and the weapon that will destroy these beasts once and for all.

A special machine requires special piloting. We designed Resplandor with the offspring of Selina and myself in mind. It has been keyed to our DNA and tweaked for their exclusive use. Thomas, Emil, and Annika are the only ones capable of piloting it, and each has a specific role to fulfill in the operation of Resplandor. One pilot alone cannot control it.

Thomas is the main pilot and is in control of most of Resplandor's motion. From basic movement to the more complex. Emil is in charge of diagnostics, systems, and maintenance. Annika activates its weapons as need be, among other tasks. The wife acts as radio support, as do I from the head portion. Though I'll be there only as long as necessary.

That's all you need to know for now. You'll learn more in time.

Ms. Welton: What can we expect from Resplandor and your children, and will you be joining the Dyanteus Defense Force?

Armando: You're a reporter and history recorder, yes, Ms. Welton? You've been at it for how many years now? You should know of the situation between Emil and the commander. Not that the other two would fare better. Placing Annika under their jurisdiction would end up overstimulating for her, at best. And I doubt Thomas would care to listen to unrelated people. All the better to be autonomous, anyway.You can rest assured that Resplandor will be used to exterminate the dytaneux. That is its mission, and I will see it through. No matter what, with or without the DDF's aid. I give my guarantee.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom