• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[Translated] Corocoro magazine

☆TobyTse99☆

[insert user title here]
Reaction score

Well, I am not sure if I am helping anyone.

I don't know Japanese much, but I know Chinese that is somewhat similar... (the Kanji thing) and I see no one posting this kind of thing here... so I posted this.

And yeah, I lack vocabulary, so what?

Special Thanks: MS Paint

EDIT: Sagau Region is wrong, I mixed the ち and the さ... What a shame

And it should be another region

EDIT: If you don't get what is "revolutionary changes", it may be "innovative changes". I don't share vocabulary range with the proper one, it seems.

EDIT: Yes, I get it now, not "revolutionary changes", "innovative changes" instead. I just mixed them up because I was too careless.

Last edited:
The translation of the right-bottom box in the second page is helpful if true - I didn't know hokobi translated to "gameplay". The middle box is wrong, though - there's no mention of the new region's name.

I wonder what they mean by "new evolution way" and "revolutionary gameplay changes".. could be for the better. I hope its not 3D like some other DS games, 3D on DS is ugly...

I hope they refine the existing combat, keeping it "2d/3d-ish" perhaps added more animation to the attacks, you might see the pokemon "move", Also it would be neat if they added a more pokemon anime way of battle, were you can effect if an attack might hit you or not.

Also I always wanted them to add more backgrounds to the combat scenes, right now all you have is a small patch of grass under the pokemon or some other patch of something.
Would be nice if they also had more weathers that effect the battle.

NEW REGION NAME
: Sagau !!! ??? were would this be, anyone that knows Japanese maps?

I am looking forward to see this GEN V.

Edit: THANK YOU for the translation of the picture, Toby, Dorianblack.

Last edited:
By "New Evolution Method" I guess it means something completely new... Right, we have happiness, level, stones, trade, trade with iteams and location so far for evolution... what else?

Perhaps another trainer has to assist you in evolving it? Like a NPC or something...
This has really got me thinking.

NEW REGION NAME : Sagau !!! ??? were would this be, anyone that knows Japanese maps?

That isn't the region name. That part came from a misreading of chigau chihou, which means "different region" (chi and sa are mirror-images of each other in hiragana).

The translation of the right-bottom box in the second page is helpful if true - I didn't know hokobi translated to "gameplay". The middle box is wrong, though - there's no mention of the new region's name.
I don't translate it word by word.. but to somehow realize the meaning, by... heart. (what?) You see, I know basic Japanese and the hard ones are all in Kanji form, and that means I can guess that from the Chinese meaning of the word (Chinese is all in Kanji) (and Japanese developed off ancient Chinese)

Example
これまで以上の新しい遊びを加え、すべてにおいて革新的...

Chinese:
これまで the former/ the upper の new しい play/game びを add え、すべてにおいて revolutionary...

Japanese:
Up till now / not ever before new 遊びを加え、 finally おいて革新的...

and combine and that's it

And for the middle box, about the Sagau Region... well, I was not very sure about that.

舞台わ、今でもシリーズとわさがう地方らしい。

Chinese:
Stageわ、nowでもシリーズとわさがうPlaceらしい。

Japanese:
Stageわ、the series up till now とわ さがう region らしい。

さがう=Sagau

So that's how I think that there is a place called Sagau Region..

In addition,
Kanto = カントー地方
Johto = ジョウト地方
Hoenn = ホウエン地方
Sinnoh = シンオウ地方

..Yeah.

EDIT: I just see your point, that is actually ちがう...

Last edited:
Yeah, you just switched the kana backwards (I used to do that all the time before I got familiar with them). And the other regions are all in katakana rather than hiragana.

The "gameplay" part was a good catch, though. Hokobu typically means "carry" or "convey", and I was having trouble figuring out what the noun form of that would be, but that makes perfect sense, especially if it's corroborated by the Chinese hanzi.

I can't wait for the new method of evolving to be revealed. Maybe it will be somethin' like Digimon were you can evolve and de-evolve (de-digivolve, in Digimon) back into your first form. I'm so psyched >:D

Revolutionary Changes?!
What can that mean?

That one's also a slight mistranslation - it actually reads "innovatively" (similar meaning, but not quite as grandiose). The two words share their first kanji, which is where the confusion apparently came up.

Yeah, you just switched the kana backwards (I used to do that all the time before I got familiar with them). And the other regions are all in katakana rather than hiragana.
That was copyed from Bulbapedia... so if that's wrong, we may need to edit those articles...
The "gameplay" part was a good catch, though. Hokobu typically means "carry" or "convey", and I was having trouble figuring out what the noun form of that would be, but that makes perfect sense, especially if it's corroborated by the Chinese hanzi.
You see I am a Hong-Konger, so I understand hanzi perfectly.
I can't wait for the new method of evolving to be revealed. Maybe it will be somethin' like Digimon were you can evolve and de-evolve (de-digivolve, in Digimon) back into your first form. I'm so psyched >:D
Cool idea, but sadly, I think that this is not possible.
In the anime (also the PMD series), it was emphasized that evolutions are irreversible, and one have to think carefully, ect, ect.
That one's also a slight mistranslation - it actually reads "innovatively" (similar meaning, but not quite as grandiose). The two words share their first kanji, which is where the confusion apparently came up.
You see why I am a Chinese...
革命的 means "revolution's"(adj) in Chinese

... *search in google*
innovatively is like, the same as revolutionary....
well, maybe 革命的 means the same in Chinese and English, but revolutionary don't mean the "revolutionary" in Chinese and Japanese.

Last edited:
De-evolution has NEVER happened before. Why would it happen now?
I already know that it has NEVER happen before, maybe only Zorua can do it, that's one his special abilities or somethin'. I'm just thinkin' what could 'New Way of Evolving' mean.....

If De-evolution is true then that would be a major letdown. this isnt Digimon. pokemon are not suppose to revert back to base forms.

Cool idea, but sadly, I think that this is not possible.
In the anime (also the PMD series), it was emphasized that evolutions are irreversible, and one have to think carefully, ect, ect.

here is a another good point. the anime did emphasize this many times when a pokemon was about to evolve. one that i can remember was when Pikachu lost to Lt. Surge's Raichu.

idk. only time will tell wat GF is doin. Hell if they did do that De-evolution, then i guess id have to get use to it.

If you want de-evolve so deadly, I've got a new point for you that maybe evolution is irreversible, after Ash or whoever get into the fifth region they can do so. There is also a prosibility that only the new Pokémon can do so, or maybe just the Zoroa line.

HOWEVER, I think Pokémon is going "Digimon". See the "armor" thing on Dialga and Palkia!*point* Therefore, there is two possible outcome: one, they want to be unique again so no de-evolve; or two, Bandai Namco and Nintendo merge into one company and Pokémon meet Digimon, greatly increasing the number of species to 1000+, and the way to identify Pokémon and Digimon would be, no de-evolve...... In conclusion, probably no de-evolve.

In addition, I think that that line on the magazine is only talking about a new method of "evolution", and that doesn't include any reverse-evolution thing. On the page, there are also a Zoroa and a Zoroaaku with a one-way arrow saying "evolve".

...this is driving my thoughts crazy... I must get some sleep (2355 here, GMT+8) so I'd leave this thread in other time zones and see what we get tomorrow moring...

Last edited:
I already know that it has NEVER happen before, maybe only Zorua can do it, that's one his special abilities or somethin'. I'm just thinkin' what could 'New Way of Evolving' mean.....

Evolving doesn't mean to go backwards. So de-evolution isn't going to happen.

Nice translation man, its helpful cause now we know the games will probably shock us all. They have to, after all this is the DS, the system they did nothing special with.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom